HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Eight is GREAT!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57367)

sassy 02-15-2013 02:14 PM

Eight is GREAT!!!

Today I celebrate eight years of my second life! I do feel as if I was given a second life through Herceptin, the information I gained from this site, and my wonderful onc.

Thanks to all for your support, friendship, knowledge, chocolate, spray cheese, commas, etc ..................

Joan M 02-15-2013 02:21 PM

Re: Eight is GREAT!!!

Go, Rhonda!!!

Joan

tricia keegan 02-15-2013 02:21 PM

Congratulations Rhonda!!! I know we had a similar dx and similar treatments too and I'm hot on your heels this coming summer and yes, eight is great!!:)

NanaJoni 02-15-2013 02:30 PM

Yeah!!! Wonderful - and thank you so much for all you do for others. A quick question - what date do you celebrate? - diagnosis, finish of treatments? I've asked my onc but he just shrugs. You must not be too far from me if you're in the mtns of VA - I'm in East Tn only about 30 minutes from Bristol.

LoisLane 02-15-2013 03:24 PM

Wonderful Sassy. Best wishes and thanks for giving us such great news.

Kkmom 02-15-2013 04:23 PM

Sassy and others - please don't ever stop bragging on years of NED. I am only at the beginning of my second life with only one chemo under my belt which absolutely brought me to my knees.
I hold onto your kind of post - knowing I can get there also. Thank so much and much love and happiness to you.
Pam

karen z 02-15-2013 04:38 PM

Rhonda,
You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many congratulations and best wishes (as always) to you.
Love,
Karen Z

ammebarb 02-15-2013 05:56 PM

Horray, Rhonda!

Paty 02-15-2013 09:09 PM

Congratulations Rhonda! Let's keep counting! Sending you hugs and love.

Paty

JennyB 02-15-2013 09:18 PM

Hurrah from down under x

KsGal 02-15-2013 10:01 PM

Yay! Happy dance, happy dance! Congratulations, and here's to many more celebrations to come! :)

Mel3 02-15-2013 11:10 PM

Congratulations!! Here's to many more years.... Thanks for the encouragement and laughs we shared in SA.

Love, Mel

Jackie07 02-16-2013 05:57 AM

Congratulations! The beautiful smile on your profile picture always cheers me up. Here's to many more years of NED!

Becky 02-16-2013 07:21 AM

Congratulations Sassy! I remember "way back" when we were both newbies, finishing chemo and hoping we would be here. Eight is great! Onto Nine is divine.

NEDenise 02-16-2013 08:18 AM

Yay Rhonda!! Thanks so much for sharing this joyful news with all of us. It's just what I needed this morning!!
Heres to many, many more!! :)

Tricia - looking forward to celebrating with you soon too!

Joni - it's a long story...but in the end, I chose the day I was diagnosed as my Cancer-versary because it was the day I first decided that cancer was not going to beat me. Ironically, it also happened to be my birthday...sad that year, but HAPPY every year since then!!
(Originally I chose NED day...but sadly later realized that I may never have actually been NED, and may never be NED at all.) Different survivors choose different days, I know...but I wanted *credit* for every single day I've been fighting this beast! And...I'm still not planning to let it win! Soooooo looking forward to posting my 8th Cancer-versary someday...that would get both of my boys into adulthood WITH a mom!! :) In fact, today is my "baby's" 14th birthday!

NanaJoni 02-16-2013 08:26 AM

Denise - that's what I've been doing so far and your thinking on it is exactly right. So many dates that I can't seem to let go of-March 1 (found lump), March 9 (got diagnosis), March 31st (bi-lateral mx), May 25 (started chemo) - etc. But I like the idea of counting from that first day when the battle began. March would be my most unfavorite month but it also contains my mom's birthday, our wedding anniversary (42 this year), and my best friends birthday so it ain't all bad. But isn't that they way life goes - guess it's all about balance. I once complained that 2010 was the worst year of my life and my daughter reminded me that it was the year that I beat cancer. She said " I think that makes it the best year of your life". Smart girl.

NEDenise 02-16-2013 08:32 AM

Joni - your daughter sounds like she's a chip off the old block! And, since 2010 is the year you joined this group...I think it was pretty great too! So glad you're here!

Rhonda - I was so excited for you in my first post...I forgot to tell you how much I like your *second life* metaphor! So true! Life since BC is NOT the same as before it...each day is to be treasured! Sounds like you've been doing that....keep going!!!

rhondalea 02-16-2013 08:58 AM

Happy Anniversary (plus a day), Rhonda. :)

(I've put it on my calendar so I won't be late next year.)

sarah 02-16-2013 09:27 AM

congrats!!!
as my Norweigan friend says "life is too much fun!" she's an HER2er and had a recurrence but also still here and having fun.

caya 02-16-2013 11:25 AM

Big congrats to you Rhonda - sending big hugs from the Great White North!!

all the best
caya