HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   What I am thankful for--Thanksgiving 2013 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59589)

Laurel 11-24-2013 09:22 AM

What I am thankful for--Thanksgiving 2013

Hello Friends!

With Thanksgiving approaching this week I thought we might post items that have inspired us to give thanks this past year. I will start with:

1. I am thankful for Her2Support and all the amazing members who care for one another bearing burdens even when carrying great woes themselves.

2. I am thankful Cats. Yes, kitty-cats, mine especially, but all cats as they make me happy and contented and I love them.

3. I am thankful for another year on this earth.

4. I am enormously grateful for chocolate (Hershey native so that figures) and wine!

'lizbeth 11-24-2013 09:40 AM

Re: What I am thankful for--Thanksgiving 2013

I am thankful for my good health.

I am thankful for an interesting job, helpful co-workers and a steady paycheck.

I am grateful for a husband who loves me and spoils me rotten.

I am grateful for the wonderful people on the Her2support site who are on the same journey to find and maintain good health.

I am thankful as well for delicious chocolate & wine!

MaineRottweilers 11-24-2013 09:50 AM

I am Thankful for my family who have offered me constant support on this new journey.

I am Thankful to have a job I love, co-workers who love me and an employer who takes care of me as she would her sister.

I am Thankful for my many supportive friends on this board and off.

I am Thankful to live in the US where treatment options are varied and affordable even to me.

I too am Thankful for chocolate. I'm not big on wine but I am Thankful for a good beer.

Finally, I am Thankful to God for loving me and letting me live.

Laurel 11-24-2013 01:27 PM

Oooo, thought of some more!

I am grateful for StephN, Sassy (Rhonda), Hopeful, Becky, Lani, Jackie (where are you BTW?) and the Druther sisters for all they do to keep this site functioning for us! Many, many thanks to all of you behind-the-scenes workers who manage this website and propeller-heads who feed us knowledge!

Becca24 11-24-2013 02:22 PM

Even though i'm in the UK and we don't have thanksgiving I thought i'd like to join in!

I am thankful for being able to find this site and all the wonderful people here.

I am thankful for my wonderful family, especially my husband and daughters who have supported and loved me and made me laugh when I didn't think it was possible.

I am thankful I got through the treatment so far and am here.

Laurel, I'm thankful for cats too! especially my little black and white bundle!

Becca

norkdo 11-24-2013 04:42 PM

((((like))))

Laurel 11-24-2013 07:14 PM

Hey, Nora, Canadians can chime in too! Didn't you hear? It's world-wide Thanksgiving (Giving Thanks) this year!

Becca, "Cat lovers of the world unite!"

baggyfalse 12-09-2013 01:15 AM

I'm so thankful of what God has given me, may it be blessings or problems. I know He will always stand by me. :)

Jackie07 12-15-2013 01:32 AM

I am thankful for Laurel's mentioning me in her post (O.K. I know there're several 'Jackie' here ... :)

I am thankful for another Holiday Season approaching and I get to say "Happy Holidays!" again.

I am thankful for this wonderful site where I've learned so much, especially about being tolerant as well as being sensitive.

I am thankful for the invention of Facebook where I can say/post whatever I like and chew out/delete whatever/whoever I don't like.

I am thankful for ...

Laurel 12-20-2013 07:22 AM

Jackie,

You are definitely the "Jackie" that I spoke of and I was glad to see you posting just a day or so after I mentioned you in my post. I hadn't seen you on the site for a bit (I may have simply missed a post or two) and since you are a very dedicated poster I got a little concerned. It is hard not to give into worry these days with all that has happened to many on our site. Speaking of your dedication I will say how much I admire the way you are faithful in responding to everyone's questions and have been one of the first to sooth the fears of newcomers. You, like 'lizbeth and so many others, back your advise with links to information which I find to be so helpful. I have always found your posts to be compassionate and tender while providing information for us all to absorb.

So, yes, I am thankful for you! Have a terrific holiday season!