HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   With Gratitude... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49635)

Jean 04-15-2011 07:29 PM

With Gratitude...

I want to thank all my sisters and (gentelmen) who have offered their kindness, loving support, strong humor, information and most of all their never giving up attitude.

This is a very special group which I cannot even imagine living without - my past 6 years on the her2 site have brought great joy and greater sadness.

I find it amazing how this family of sorts offers and gives so much to each other - many who are at an advanced stage never complaining always displaying amazing strength & courage with an awesome attitude. Truly women who are leaders and heroes.

I also want to take the time to remember and say a prayer for all the wonderful strong women we have lost through the years. My heart will carry each one. I pray for the day that we conquer breast cancer.

Thank you to all my friends who helped me in the early days of my dx when I needed the support and advice that was so freely given. The wonderful ladies that encouraged me along that first difficult year. When I did not have answers they supported me to find them no matter what lengths it took. A take no prisoners attitude which assisted me to push for answers and not fear the unknown. Thank you dear ones.

It is my 6th cancerversary today and I want all newly dx to know that you will also have many wonderful years to acknowledge.

My love to all and God Bless,
Jean

Laurel 04-15-2011 07:39 PM

Re: With Gratitude...

Right back at ya, Jean, and may you have many, many more cancerversaries!

Becky 04-15-2011 07:41 PM

Congratulations Jean. You are wonderful and I love you.

caya 04-15-2011 07:51 PM

Big congrats on reaching # 6, Jean - here's to many many more cancerversaries!!

xoxoxo

all the best
caya

flynny 04-15-2011 11:03 PM

That's such great news! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Trish 04-16-2011 12:16 AM

Congratulations. Six years is a stunning achievement. I look forward to hearing of your seventh.
Trish

Jackie07 04-16-2011 12:34 AM

Congratulations!

We love you and appreciate all the information you provide us daily. Thanks for being a faithful member/sister. Happy Anniversary!

pibikay 04-16-2011 01:30 AM

Thanks and WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

Sheila 04-16-2011 04:46 AM

Happy Anniversary Jean...you are one of the many blessings and friends i have found on this site, who has shared my good and bad moments...thank you for all you do for all of us....may you be blessed with many more anniversaries to celebtrate!

michka 04-16-2011 05:10 AM

Happy anniversary Jean! Many many many others to come. Michka

chekmark 04-16-2011 05:16 AM

I was diagnosed in September 2010 and had never heard of her2. After much research found that I did not like what I had read until I came to this site. So much positive information that I finally felt like I could put one foot in front of the other and continue on. The fear of recurrence never escapes me but I know that will get better in time. I see alot of discrepancies on recur rates and I wish I had a clearer picture on that. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I had mastectomy, 1.5 cm stage 1 grade 3, er,pr+ and her2+. was told that her2 was dormant and had not started to attack yet. I had 6 taxotere and carboplatin with herceptin and will be finish the year with herceptin. ALso just got started on femara. I am 49 yrs old. No lymph node involvement. Getting stronger everyday just wish my hair would grow alittle faster. I love all the great survival stories and hope to be one of them also. Thanks for any input.

krisvell 04-16-2011 05:24 AM

Jean,
Wishing you a big congrats. 6 Years; that's wonderful. Wishing you many, many, many more anniversaries...
Hugs,
Kris....

Pam P 04-16-2011 06:04 AM

Congratulations Jean. Many many more for you coming. What a beautiful message you wrote -- wish I had said those words --- I sure agree with everything you said about thie amazing group -- and that includes you. Pam

Mary L 04-16-2011 07:42 AM

Congratulations Jean. I loved your message. Mary L

sassy 04-16-2011 09:55 AM

Jean,

Such wonderful words and wonderful news to share. May you have many, many more opportunities to share good news!

ammebarb 04-16-2011 10:08 AM

Jean, you were among the first to offer me support when I came to the group with my sister's diagnosis. I shall always be grateful! I share your feelings about the wonderfully caring sisterhood on this site....so many who helped me to help my sis.

I am so happy to hear it is your anniversary and wish you many, many, many more.

Thank you for the lovely post.

Barb A.

Elizabethtx 04-16-2011 01:12 PM

Celebrate! I wish for you many more happy celebrations! You give us all hope that we will walk the same path.

tricia keegan 04-16-2011 02:15 PM

Congratulations Jean and delighted to share your wonderful day!!!!:)

Chekmark, glad you found us and while I don't have the info you need to hand, try the search box above as we've had many posts re this in the past:)

Gerri 04-16-2011 04:20 PM

Jean,

What a lovely message! Congratulations on being 6 years out - keep 'em coming. Thanks so much for all you contribute to the board.

Take care,

Mary Jo 04-16-2011 07:32 PM

Rejoicing with you Jean. I am thankful you are well and thankful for such a kind and heartfelt post. I agree with every word you said. A more special group anywhere.....I DON'T think so!

Love and continued blessings friend.

Mary Jo