HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   KDR thinking of you today (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58980)

CarolineC 09-11-2013 09:17 AM

KDR thinking of you today

Karen,

Just to let you know I'm thinking of you, but especially today. I hope you are continuing to heal.

Love,

Caroline

Gerri 09-11-2013 10:50 AM

Re: KDR thinking of you today

I am thinking of you too Karen. Sending peaceful healing thoughts your way.

Take care,

NEDenise 09-11-2013 04:39 PM

Thinking of you... remembering your harrowing experience.
A survivor in so many ways! Prayers for peace coming your way
Denise

Andrea Barnett Budin 09-11-2013 04:57 PM

Blessings on your precious life, Karen.

Much love,
ANDI

KDR 09-11-2013 05:31 PM

What warm, welcome messages awaited me here.
Oh, what to say? Seems like just yesterday; twelve years has made no difference. I still live with one foot on that side of the dividing line of what would become Then and Now. Then, before being saddled with the baggage of the New World.
I am here to testify, I was spared to tell the story--the mystical, the Truth in the rawest form having been an internal witness for one hour before exiting, the reality and the sheer awe of the experience. Imagine an event so big that the names of the victims, read systematically, takes hours; imagine a wasteland that burned for nine months despite firefighters on its debris pile 24/7; imagine an event so big it can be seen from space. I am so grateful that my life was spared. Those who know me know I don't whitewash situations, and as such, may I please offer the experience to anyone who wants to know what it was really like to listen to Melissa Doi's 911 call via YouTube. I did not know her, but I AM her: young, beautiful, carving out a life and career for myself, loving someone, going places. I got out; she did not. The only difference. I loved my life as she loved hers. And I invite any of you to PM if you so choose to ask WHATEVER you wish. I am not rattled by theorists either. I lived to TELL, to PASS ON the Truth.
I would like to mention one interesting fact: if I stand up and pretend to be my tower, and pointed to the spot on my body where the plane smashed into it, I'd be pointing to my liver.
When the museum opens in the spring, I'm holding out hope that my keychain will be there with charms I had since I was a child, and one special brass oval that read, "You've come a long way, baby."
Thank you so much for thinking of me, dear ones.
Yours in peaceful love,
Karen

suzan w 09-11-2013 06:16 PM

Glad you are here to share your strength...to share for those who can't.

KsGal 09-11-2013 06:40 PM

I also admit, you crossed my mind many times today. I can't even begin to imagine what you went through, and what you continue to go through. Big hugs to you. Im so glad that you are here with us today. Lots of prayers and positive energy headed your way.

StephN 09-11-2013 07:26 PM

The ash-covered, horrified faces of those running from that inferno will be etched in my mind forever. There was TRUE fear!

On the outskirts of the town where I am visiting my mother is a large piece of one of the towers standing in a concrete pad. Today there were 3 separate ceremonies that took place in honor of what that hunk of metal stands for.
Lots of patriots here!

dawny 09-12-2013 03:31 AM

Thanks Karen, for sharing with us. I remember that day like it was yesterday, and I live on the other side of the world. We can't even imagine what you went through. Hugs to you Karen

Dawn. Xx

Ellie F 09-12-2013 04:17 AM

Me to here in England. I remember exactly where I was and the 'numb' feeling of disbelief I had. Recently watched a programme about the ex US marine who saved the lives of two people. He said he was compelled to go and help.
Thinking of you karen x

Ellie

Mandamoo 09-12-2013 08:34 PM

I cant even begin to imagine the horror. I was heavily pregnant with my first daughter when the phone range waking us and telling us to turn on the television - a world away in Australia I watched in horror as the second plane hit and then the buildings collapsed. I am in awe of your survival and your continued fight to survive. May you be well Karen.

Mtngrl 09-14-2013 03:15 PM

Blessings, Karen. You are a blessing to all of us.

mamacze 10-16-2013 04:59 PM

Your "Johnny Come Lately" buddy here in CT logged in tonight after a small hiatus and LOVED reading your strength and courage....goosebumps head to toe...You are MY hero...

KDR 10-16-2013 06:11 PM

Kim,
YOU are my hero! Look at you!
I'm still in so much discomfort from this botched surgery. NED as far as I know, though. CEA again on Friday (every three weeks). Am beginning to wonder WHY so much has happened to me; the risk of something happening during ablation is under 2%, but of course, I had to basically die on the table. However, I look at the four-year-old coming out of the scanner so I can go in, and it all gets put into perspective.
Well, hugs and kisses,
Yours always,
Karen