HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ANXIOUS to the tenth power (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50155)

SoCalGal 05-25-2011 04:17 PM

ANXIOUS to the tenth power

Update on me - 6 weeks off herceptin and my markers went up, brain mri has "something" to watch in exactly the same spot as t minus 3 years ago...I will know more on the head in 2 weeks at another MRI. Meanwhile, just began pre-meds for Herceptin tomorrow. I HATE THIS DISEASE. It is trying to ruin my life. Pre-meds are too much for me - Prednisone/Singulair/Zantac - even wrapped in an Ativan blanket is not okay. This is tough to deal with - the first two cause such extreme anxiety, racing heart, dry mouth, shaky hands and general crappy, crappy and did I mention, really crappy feeling?
Must wake at 4:00 AM to re-medicate. Add in some benedryl. And then my drip at 10:00AM. Going to try herceptin over 6 hours. Hopefully I can survive the premeds and tolerate the infusion - I know I need my Vitamin H. I am out of my head with anxiety. Sigh.........

adelay 05-25-2011 04:32 PM

Re: ANXIOUS to the tenth power

My prayers are with you. Please keep us posted when you find out more...

chrisy 05-25-2011 04:49 PM

Oh Flori my heart goes out to you. Cmon, isn't all this stuff anxiety provoking enough WITHOUT having to add the chemical enhancers?????? You are so right, girl, this disease sucks.

You - Flori flori morning glory - did let something important slip tho. From the insane blender of drug induced crappiness somehow you poured out out a defiant little sip of Flori-ness.

You said "It is TRYING to ruin my life". Read it and weep, stupid canser and stupid premeds.

Flori, forget the Ativan and try wrapping yourself up in loving prayers that I am calling out right now for you, along with your other sisters and brothers and others who love you.

And don't forget to breathe.

tricia keegan 05-25-2011 04:59 PM

Sending you some ((((hugs)))) Flori and so sorry you have to face this!

Jackie07 05-25-2011 05:08 PM

Flori,

Sending you warm thoughts and prayers.

Laurel 05-25-2011 05:31 PM

Ah, dang it, Flori! I am just so righteously pissed off for you! Why does it have to be so damn difficult all the time?

Sorry, my ire is up and cancer just pisses me off!!!!!!! There! I said it!

I'm gonna pray you are pleasantly buzzed tomorrow and the life of the infusion room party! No reactions. Easy breezy.

Pam P 05-25-2011 05:47 PM

Flori -

Sending you all good vibes for the infusion tomorrow with zero side effects. Now herceptin do your thing on the markers and next mri. Pam

Rich66 05-25-2011 06:16 PM

What reaction are you pre-medicating against?

Joan M 05-25-2011 06:42 PM

Flori,

I'm sending you a lot of hugs to help with this crap that you're having to go through, and praying that the premeds help with your reaction to Herceptin. Maybe the six-week break from Herceptin will have helped diminish the reaction.

Joan

caya 05-25-2011 07:59 PM

Sending big hugs and prayers to your dear Flori...

And yes, this disease is CRAP!!!!

all the best
caya

Elizabethtx 05-25-2011 08:11 PM

Prayers for relief, comfort, peace and NO weird reactions! Know we are walking with you!
Elizabeth

SoCalGal 05-25-2011 08:27 PM

Thank you all so much - sometimes just having a place to put the words really helps. And having others who really understand how it feels to load all this into your body - yikes. I'm also hoping, praying, expecting a smooth drip with no reactions.
aside to Rich - the first time I had numbness run up both arms and across my chest and the time after I had a weird cold feeling in my throat and then a racing heart and my pressure jumped and then my ears turned bright red. Not severe but far from normal...considered an allergic response after all these years!

ElaineM 05-25-2011 08:51 PM

Hugs !! I have my fingers crossed for you too. Take good care of yourself and be good to yourself after your treatment.

Trish 05-25-2011 09:32 PM

Sending best wishes-I know the crappy feeling. does it help to keep telling yourself it is the drugs not you ? probably not but hey what else can you do! Hang in there,
Trish

mamacze 05-26-2011 03:01 AM

Good Morning Flori,
Today is the day. Deep breath. Benedryl, sleep, let the Vit H do its magic. You are a responder to Vit H and maybe you can work with it. How wonderful that you are a 15 year survivor...You and Herceptin clearly have a thing going on.....fingers and toes crossed and let us know how it went today.....
Love Kim from CT

ps have you ever listened to John O'Donohue - Irish poet - his poem "A Blessing for a Friend Upon Arrival of an Illness" .... if not, this poetry bouquet is for you...

http://www.filestube.com/3221340a4bd...f-Illness.html

pibikay 05-26-2011 03:22 AM

Hema and I will pray for you

michka 05-26-2011 03:28 AM

Dear Flori. I hate to know you are going through another very difficult challenge. I hope very strong that the next Herceptin infusion will go ok and that you will be rewarded for your courage. Hugs. Michka

Joanna J 05-26-2011 05:22 AM

So Sorry To Hear abt your anxieties;as this is one of my DX,It can grab you when you least expect it!! (HATE THAT FEELING)but rest assured (HER 2 people are here for you,we will lift you up in prayer) DO NOT LOSE HOPE,THINKIN' OF YOU,Joanna J

krisvell 05-26-2011 06:50 AM

Dear Flori,
Please know I am praying for you that you'll get thru this bump in the road. I'm rooting for you.

Hugs,

Kris...

Emelie B 05-26-2011 07:20 AM

Hi Flori,
I am so sorry you are having such a traumatic time. As you said you are not alone. Not in any way.
I wanted to see if you can try medical marijuana. I am applying for my license so I can take the edge off and reduce the joint pain I am experiencing. I am lucky that I live in Colorado, but I think other states allow it too.
Just a thought. It works for me better than pharmacueticals.
Holding you in my heart today.
Good luck with all,
Emelie