HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Little Pink Houses of Hope (Ocean City, MD) Retreat (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61223)

KDR 06-08-2014 06:01 AM

Little Pink Houses of Hope (Ocean City, MD) Retreat

My family just got back from the LPHOH retreat that was held in Ocean City, MD. LPHOH is an organization that gives families much-needed time to forget the rigors of cancer and a chance to be catered to. Our entire trip was so carefully planned out by the organizers, from breakfast, to the day's activities, to the way we ended our days. We went fishing on the pier, played beach games and swam in the ocean, visited an amusement park, went paddle boarding, had professional family photos taken, met great families and watched our kids bond in very carefree, special ways.

I learned about LPHOH through MikeF, who ironically lost Barb the week we were to leave. Barb was remembered fondly by the founder and volunstars (as volunteers are called with LPHOH). I felt a special connection there. So, thank you, Mike.

Loving to spread beauty, I would urge anyone here who could use a retreat to place an application with LPHOH. We have memories that will last a lifetime for all.

Warmly,
Karen

Jaimieh 06-08-2014 06:20 PM

Re: Little Pink Houses of Hope (Ocean City, MD) Retreat

Karen I wish I had known you were there. I was at the board walk and saw all the shirts on my way back to the car. I was explaining what the organization did to my daughter.

KDR 06-09-2014 04:55 AM

Me, too, Jaimieh! Maybe we passed each other? Our event there was riding on Wobbly Wheels!
Karen

Joan M 06-09-2014 07:49 AM

Karen,

Love this! Sounds like it was a lot of fun!!

Joan
xo

KDR 06-09-2014 12:37 PM

Hi, Joan! Glad to "see" you here! Look in your PM box.
Karen

Jaimieh 06-09-2014 11:43 PM

We could have. I was just walking past everyone with a black hat on and clearly bald. :). I wish I would have know. I would have loved to meet up with you.

KDR 06-10-2014 04:28 PM

Aww. I don't remember a bald lady with a black hat! Next time, I'll ask who is in the town I'm traveling to! Some other time?

Karen

Carol Ann 06-10-2014 07:49 PM

I'm so glad you got to go and have a wonderful time!!

Carol Ann

CoolBreeze 06-17-2014 08:52 PM

I applied but wasn't chosen. I haven't had a vacation in many years, so was hoping to go while I'm still able to move. :) Maybe my scan will be clean and I can try again next year. I'm glad you got to go, sounds like you had a fun and relaxing time! It is nice to see that people we "know" benefit from these things. :)