HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   need some positive vibe -going for PET tomorrow (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53713)

yanyan 03-27-2012 09:17 PM

need some positive vibe -going for PET tomorrow

Things just are moving so fast and I'm going for a PET scan tomorrow! Hopefully the recurrence is just local. My 5 year old will be given student of the month award tomorrow. Its supposed to be a surprise and she doesn't know about it! I am sure i will cry happy tears! I want to see her grow up!

Becky 03-28-2012 04:16 AM

Re: need some positive vibe -going for PET tomorrow

Hey darling girl

Take some deep breaths and try to think of being on a tropical beach lying on a raft with a cool and colorful drink. It will be fine and regardless, the results will get you on a path where you will have a clear plan in place to tackle this silly recurrence and be done with it.

We are here for you.

Firework 03-28-2012 05:23 AM

Congratulations to your 5 yr old recieving "student of the month!" that's a big honor for both of you! I'm sorry there's a PET scan thrown into the day. Either way, having the PET doesn't stop you from raising your wonderful child. It's preventative medicine! If you need more treatment, it's so you can continue to be there for those important milestones like, student of the month.

Have a great day!
Lorraine

Pray 03-28-2012 12:11 PM

Yanyan sending you all the hope, vibes and prayers I have to give! Gods blessings to you and your Little super star student of the Month!! Are you Proud or what!!!!

fullofbeans 03-28-2012 02:39 PM

Yan yan sending you good vibes your way..

Mandamoo 03-28-2012 03:51 PM

I have been in your position so I am sending extra strong good energy your way.
Amanda x

yanyan 03-28-2012 04:21 PM

Thank you so much Ladies. I went to the award, yes it was emotional just to think about my kid and what life will be with or without me. My daughter was stunned and had no clue when they called her name. I think it was because she never pays attention at the assemly. She reluctantly walked up to the stage, got her certificate and still in shock. We thought it was funny when she said" i don't want it " .

I couldn't wait for my surgeon to call and just went straight to the imaging place to pick up my report. And i serioulsy almost had a heart attack when i walked in the lobby. I was so nervous. Maybe herceptin and radiation did do some damage to my heart !

It felt like winning a lottery knowing that the recurrence is only local. The PET scan didn't pick up anything abnormal, including the area that got biopsied and confirmed of cancer. I am seeing my oncologist tomorrow and we will figure out a plan. I am very very thankful that it is only local. A positive way to look at it is that i am given a 2nd chance for cure. Although i haven't had a brain or bone scan, i am just assuming they are both good and i will ask my oncologist tomorrow.

Becky 03-28-2012 07:26 PM

yippee for you

sarah 03-29-2012 03:25 AM

what a great day!
health and happiness
love sarah

NEDenise 03-29-2012 04:34 AM

So happy for you!!
What great news!

All the best to you, and that fabulous five-year-old of yours!
Denise

Jackie07 03-29-2012 05:18 AM

Glad to hear the good news. Thanks for sharing. I'm sending you good vibes.

schoolteacher 03-29-2012 05:51 AM

Glad to hear your good news.

Amelia

Ellie F 03-29-2012 09:03 AM

Really glad to hear this news.
Hugs
Ellie

tricia keegan 03-29-2012 02:55 PM

I've been there too and can feel your joy and so happy for you!:)

Pray 03-29-2012 02:59 PM

Wonderful!

Mandamoo 03-29-2012 03:24 PM

Glad it was good news.