HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Latest from TriciaK (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54560)

TriciaK 05-31-2012 05:50 PM

Latest from TriciaK

It's been awhile since I've posted, though I think of you all frequently and check the website as often as I can. Most of you know that I am 82, and have been battling BC since 1985, with active BC that year (including bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction, reoccurance in my spine in 1990, then nodules and her2 BC in my right lung in 2004 and 2010). I was able to go off chemo (halaven) 6 months ago and thought I would bounce right back as I had before. Unfortunately I did not. In fact I have grown weaker and weaker physically.I finally saw a pulmonologist a week ago, who treated me for pneumonia, and told me she thought I had some kind of debilitating chronic infection or inflamation. (I also have had chronic all-over itching for the past year!) She suggested that we wait until the results of the PET/CT scan I was due to have on May 29 to explore further. My home nurse got the blood test results yesterday and I saw that my cancer markers were up to what they were 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with BC in my right lung. I went in to see my oncologist today with some trepidation, afraid the cancer was back. Imagine my surprise and joy when I was told that the nodules had not grown and there was no sign of cancer!! My next step is to explore the inflamation possibility and try to get some strength back. I'll try to post more to let you know what is going on. This site has been a great blessing to me. I feel you are all inspirational and understanding friends. I hope someone is encouraged by the fact that I am 82 and still surviving after 27 years of fighting BC! Love and prayers, TriciaK

nitewind 05-31-2012 07:10 PM

Re: Latest from TriciaK

My dear, sweet Tricia, I have been so worried about you! I'm so happy tonite to see your post but sorry that you have been through so much. Also glad that you got some good news, as well.
You have always been such an inspiration to me. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear from you.
I haven't been on the board much lately. Not because of illness or anything like that, as a matter of fact, I am six years out from my diagnosis. Just busy, but lately been checking here a lot to see if you've checked in.
Thanks for letting us hear from you, you take good care of yourself cause we all love you.
Susan

Gerri 05-31-2012 07:19 PM

TriciaK,

I was overjoyed to see your post! Sorry to hear that you are not feeling so peppy, but thrilled to pieces with the results of your scans! I hope you can get some strength back and start feeling better soon. And yes, your endurance and outlook on life are not only encouraging, they are gifts you share so freely...I thank you for that. You are a true blessing to us all!

Much love to you,

Mary Anne in TX 05-31-2012 07:21 PM

So very good to hear from you Tricia! And better yet to know that you're not having to do chemo. I send you prayers and love and all the best of wishes for your energy to return and the inflamation to be licked!!! ma

sassy 05-31-2012 07:43 PM

Tricia,

Thank you for checking in and giving us an update. Many here think of you often and we keep you in our hearts and prayers. Hoping that your current issues will be resolved and know that your fighting spirit will hold you in good stead.

My best to you,

NEDenise 05-31-2012 08:09 PM

TriciaK,
Thanks so much for checking in to let us know how you are! I think of you often, and am so glad to hear you are doing well. I'll be praying for your strength to return soon!
God Bless You!
Denise

Pray 05-31-2012 08:23 PM

Tricia Welcome Back! Gods blessings to you sweetwomen! You have shown me great encouragement since finding this site! I appreciate you and missed you terriblly, was worried silly. I look forward to hearing from you often. You have so much to give!

ElaineM 05-31-2012 08:50 PM

Oh Tricia
Thank you for posting !!!!!!!!!
Your post made my eyes full of tears of happiness !!
I have thought about you and prayed for you many times since we last heard from you.
You are a miracle in the making and a great, great inspiration to me and everyone else on this site.
You are like the little energizer battery. You keep going, and going and going. Never mind that sometimes you go slowly. The main thing is that you keep going.
I am so happy for you !! I know you and your doctor will put your heads together and solve the inflammation problem. You have solved so many other problems over the years.
Big hugs to you. Thank you for posting.
Keep going !!!!!!!!! We think you are great !!!!!!!!

michka 06-01-2012 12:40 AM

Dear Tricia, your post is Sun for me. I was so worried by your silence. It is wonderful news that there was no cancer. Now I hope you will get stronger very fast! Love. Michka

Jackie07 06-01-2012 12:58 AM

Tricia,

So happy to hear the good news.

Don't ever feel old. My Father will be 97 in August. Just 10 days ago, we had thought he might not make it. But he's doing much better and may soon be able to breath on his own (he's been complaining about the breathing tube that's been inserted since he was taken to the hospital) and return home.

And then I read about the story of a 101-year-old Taiwanese man who has just published a book.

caya 06-01-2012 06:07 AM

Tricia, I was so happy to see your post! Please continue to check in when you can.

You can bet that we are all encouraged to see an 82 year old woman who has been battling this wretched disease for 27 years is still kicking its ass!!

You go girl!!

all the best
caya

Bunty 06-01-2012 07:58 AM

Tricia, you claim this site gives you inspiration, but reading your post now has brought me untold joy and hope. You are amazing. Make sure you look after yourself, as you've got years of living to do yet!
Best wishes
Marie

Redwolf8812 06-01-2012 08:52 AM

God bless you, Tricia! You are my hero!

sarah 06-01-2012 09:16 AM

Hello Tricia,
so sorry for all these problems. what did the test show? I know we are all anxiously awaiting your news.
hugs and love
sarah

Kellennea 06-01-2012 09:53 AM

God Bless you :)

KDR 06-01-2012 10:18 AM

Tricia,
So absolutely wonderful to *hear* your voice! You are a true gem in every sense of the word and a role model for all! Thank you for checking in,
Karen

CindyE 06-01-2012 09:12 PM

What joy it was to read that you are doing well and that the nodules haven't grown. Praise God and such good news tp hear from you. Take care my friend and enjoy the great news.

pibikay 06-02-2012 01:54 AM

Good News and goof to see your posting.
The best of luck to you

Barbara H. 06-02-2012 02:04 PM

HI Tricia,
Thank you so much for posting again. You will always continue to be in my thoughts. Your wisdom and inspirational posts have continued to guide me and offer hope in this journey. You are truly a very remarkable woman. I hope that your doctors are able to find a solution to the inflammation.
Thinking of you!
Barbara H.

tricia keegan 06-02-2012 02:54 PM

Tricia I was so pleased to see an update from you this evening and had been worried about you, I'm so pleaseod and the news overall is good and will be thinking of you! xx