HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Er-/pr-/her2+? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47267)

imatthew 10-18-2010 07:41 PM

Er-/pr-/her2+?

Anyone out there with a similar diagnosis to that of my wife? If so, could you share your regiment/treatment? Thank you in advance.

pscheer 10-18-2010 08:06 PM

Re: Er-/pr-/her2+?

I am er-pr-her2+++. DCIS. Nodes negative. No mets. I am almost finished with my treatments. I had a partial masectomy, needed a second surgery to clear margins. Had 6 rounds of Taxotere, carboplatin, along with Herceptin. Herceptin was given with the chemo every three weeks, but herceptin will continue for one year total. After chemo, had radiation for 6 weeks. I only have two herceptin left and will get my port removed one week later.

Cal-Gal 10-18-2010 08:32 PM

Hi imatthew,

My diagnosis is similar in that it is ER/PR- HER2+ (see my signature line for detail)--I had ILC-lobular versus ductal--

I recently read that there are 7 types of tumors and 10 subtypes--honestly, I don't know how many combination's that would be--but it has to be several hundred.

Good Luck to your wife and to you.

Nancy L 10-19-2010 01:51 PM

You are a special guy to be your wife's advocate. Everything can be quite confusing when you are first diagnosed.

The first thing that needs to happen is the staging of your wife's disease. The treatment protocol varies by the severity of her disease. Since her sentinel node was positive, I believe she will be at least stage 2.

I am also ER-/PR-/HER2 positive. But it was over 6 years ago when I was first diagnosed. So what they used on me back then may not be what they will recommend for your wife. They know now that chemo works better on ER-/PR- than it does on ER+/PR+ which is a positive for your wife. But they still have no idea what feeds ER-/PR- tumors and have no drugs other than chemo to treat that aspect of our tumor. Fortunately, your wife is HER2 positive. Knowledge of HER2 breast cancer has advanced a lot in the past six year and there are many new drugs on the market and in clinical trial to target HER2.

One thing that I do recommend to anyone facing chemo is to have a port installed unless you have very good veins. I wish someone would have told me to do this. It makes receiving the chemo so much easier. Talk to your wife's doctor about it before she gets started and see what he/she thinks. It is a simple outpatient procedure to put it in and then take it out when treatment is completed.

Sending my best to your wife. She has joined a club she never wanted to be in. But let her know she will be OK. This is just a speed bump in life.

vlcarr 10-19-2010 03:55 PM

Hormone negative here. You can see my treatment information below along with a clinical trial I participated in. Best of luck to you and your wife!

joletta 10-19-2010 07:43 PM

Hi,
Sorry you had to join this club. I am er-pr negative strongly her2 positive. My dr found my sentinal positive after surgery but did not give me any further info untill pathology 2 weeks later. Did you ask surgean aprox # of how many they removed?
1 sentinal node is probley a stge 2a
anything attached to the chest wall may be a stge 2b with 1 node
anything 4+ nodes is stage 3a w/no mets (That is me with just 4 nodes)
when the mamory or chest nodes are involved it could be 3a or 3c
There is somewhere on this website that explains or you can google breast cancer staging.
The hardest part is not knowing and waiting for results just take one day at a time and know she will be ok. My doctor tells me I am 85% curable and in 5 years he only had 1 reoccurance since herceptine! Yes have your wife get a port it is such a blessing..i actually am happy to have it when i go to treatment..and ask for emla cream.Standard w/her2+ is 1 year of herceptine either immediately w/chemo or after 4 rounds of AC. Dont get to down..it is all doable they have great meds today. i just completed my chemo today!!! I chased a 1 year old all day throughout and kept activies rollin all summer w/my 6 year old!
im here for you and so is everyoyher lovely later on this board. Please Pm me anytime w/questions i would love to help if i can.
Sending hugs to you & your wife
Joletta

pibikay 10-19-2010 08:32 PM

Hema is ER-PE- her2+++ .
She was started on Chemo,six courses at intervals of 3 weeks. Herceptin after the first chemo (from the 2nd) totally 9 doses of herecptin.All the time Zylotec added.Her PET scan after the 6th Hceptin was that she was responding to the treatment
BTW her next appointment is tomorrow and the Onc has indicated that he will be switichin over to Tykerb'
Wi every one all the best

bashmaz 10-19-2010 11:01 PM

Hi there - as you can see from my signature I'm also her2+ and er/pr-. I'm over 8 years out and doing great - good luck to you and your wife - there is a lot of support from this site and treatment options are ever-expanding.
-Marianne

lkc Gumby 10-20-2010 09:36 AM

I was dx with er/pr neg Her2 pos BC May 05.
I was staged at IIIC due t0 many node positive 12 out ot 14
( all axilla- underarm)
I had all neagative scans for mets.
I did immediate RMM with axilla dissection.
then dose dense Adria & Cytoxan x 4
Then Taxotere with herceptin every 3 weeks.
When I finished taxotere ( but stayed on herceptin ) I had radiation tx daily X 35 days.
After 6 months of completing rad tx. I did a prophylactive Left mastectomy and bilateral reconstruction.
Alls' well and no evidence of any disease.

SoCalGal 10-20-2010 12:34 PM

Hi,
I am er/pr negative and her2+++. Was dx'd 14 years ago before adjuvent herceptin for node negative breast cancer was "invented". I am pretty sure they will recommend some chemo and some herceptin. We'll get her/you thru it all! Sorry you have to be here, but great place for HER2 INFO, BRAINY feedback, SUPPORT and also COMEDY.

Joanna J 10-20-2010 03:57 PM

socalgal,what I can tell when reading your sig is that you had 3 consec. re-occurances in 04' 05' & 06' is that what you are saying? omg that had to be stressfull,bless your heart<3

imatthew 12-10-2010 08:27 PM

thank you for all the responses. Yesterday my wife started 6 rounds of TCH, with herceptin continuing every 3 weeks for a year. She gets a neulasta shot the day after each treatment.

After the treatment we went out to dinner, she hasn't really felt any side effects except being wired from the dexomethasone. She's out tonight with the ladies, so it's so far so good. I assume the fatigue will hit pretty soon.

Good luck to all of you with your treatments.

LuvMyLab 12-11-2010 01:33 AM

Hi Everyone, I just joined today, great to be on this informative site. I'm Her2 pos ER- and very weakly PR+ (5%) so I think I fit here. Am on TCH, got 1 more to go. It's knocking me around, just had to have a blood transfusion after Tx #4 so I'm hoping I'll be OK to go into the last one on 29th Dec.

Marlie 07-10-2012 01:54 PM

http://www.cheaplondonflights.net/ cheap flights London %-[[ http://www.myrefinanceratesplace.com/ mortgage interest rates :)

greenacres 07-10-2012 02:23 PM

Mine is same. six rounds of Taxol and Carboplatin along with Herceptin for one year and 35 sessions of Radiation. I did not have any positive nodes however. Your wifes treatment is very consistent with her diagnosis. GOOD LUCK to you.

Ellie F 07-11-2012 03:11 AM

Sandra, this is an old thread which a spammer has infiltrated!

Ellie