HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I'm Baaaakkkk!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21763)

Esther 11-27-2005 11:39 AM

I'm Baaaakkkk!!!

I was out of town for most of November, from 3-8 visiting with stage IV girlfriends in Las Vegas, from 11-19 on a cruise to Cozumel, Belize and Roatan Honduras.

We had a great time on the cruise, scuba diving in Belize, shopping for lovely local wooden crafts in Roatan, and ATV riding through the jungle in Cozumel. Cozumel was hit hard by the hurricanes, 50% of the businesses and restaurants had not yet recovered. The cruise ship dock area is completely gone.

It will take them up to 2 years to rebuild. It was sad to see it that way.

We got home 3 days before Thanksgiving to find out my mom and sister had voted to have thanksgiving at my house, ha! That's what I get for not being around to defend myself.

I still wish I didn't have to deal with stage IV BC, but it's taught me to appreciate the gift of life and enjoy it to the fullest. I tried to upload photos to the online album on the site, I hope I did it right. Take a look if you have time!

Lolly 11-27-2005 05:50 PM

Esther, glad to see you back! The pictures are great, thanks so much for sharing them :)

<3 Lolly

fourboysmom 11-27-2005 08:16 PM

Glad you are enjoying life....I enjoyed your photos

StephN 11-27-2005 11:02 PM

Want some sun too!

Well, we actually has some sun yesterday and today up here in the misty woods, but it is on the chilly side! So, I could DO with a cruise in some calm, warm waters.
So, happy you are continuing to get out and about and have some adventure in your life. It means a lot!
You did not mention and onc visits or upcoming scans, etc. Guess this means they are giving you a little more time between these screenings?

Hope the other ladies in your family did their fair share, and just let you be the hostess over the Thanksgiving holiday. Fortunately my hubby does like to cook!

Esther 12-03-2005 10:45 AM

Steph, I still go in for Herceptin every 3 weeks, and they run my liver enzymes and CA 27-29 every 3 weeks. So far, all counts continue to be in the normal range. I have no symptoms of mets at all, so I prefer to not be subjecting myself to CT scans or bone scans.

I may ask for a brain scan the next time I see him, just as a precaution, as I have not symptoms of brain mets either.

It does feel good to be feeling fairly normal right now. 10 months on just Herceptin has done so much in allowing me to regain my energy and feel better.

Sheila 12-03-2005 05:46 PM

Ester

That is the true spirit...I feel life is to live, and that is exactly what I plan to do...I go whenever I have the chance, I always say that Breast Cancer makes me appreciate the finer things in life!

kristen 12-04-2005 04:32 AM

Esther,

I think you and I would have just too much fun together. I have been wanting to go to Belize for the last 13 years if not longer. Did you dive the HOLE? I keep telling my husband I want to buy land down there to retire. No hurricanes. We love to dive and I love my Harley and we love to ski. To bad I live in the Mid-west. But I will live vicariously through you. Thank you for the pics. I enjoyed seeing them. Now I have an itch to really go to the beach over spring break and do some diving. Glad your back and had a super trip. And above all, I am so glad that the label of being Stage IV, and that your health is so good to go that is has not dampened your drive or your zest for life and your adventurous spirit. Your an inspiration to so many.