HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update from Ceesun: tykerb and herceptin (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51912)

Ceesun 10-25-2011 05:55 AM

Update from Ceesun: tykerb and herceptin

Just completed some recent testing, muga scan, bone, ct chest and pelvis...good reports on all. The lung nodule that I have battled off and on the last 5 years is stable. My onc said continue as is with medications. Although not yet NED, I am relieved and pleased as I have been on this combo for the last 23 months. I still battle the stomach issues at times and fatigue so my onc added a daily iron pill. Life goes on with gratitude, Cathy aka "Ceese" as Ms. Pink would say!

KDR 10-25-2011 06:53 AM

Re: Update from Ceesun: tykerb and herceptin

Cathy,
This is wonderful news. I am still on Xeloda with Tykerb and Herceptin, and although my CEA numbers are in the normal range, I have to stay on chemo until the lights go off on the liver mets. Apparently, while stable, the PET shows activity. It's great to know that you have had such a long, steady ride with this combo.
Karen

Pam P 10-25-2011 07:14 AM

Cathy - Glad to hear your good news!

caya 10-25-2011 08:48 AM

Great news Ceesun! A bit of dark chocolate wouldn't hurt -:)!!

all the best
caya

ElaineM 10-25-2011 10:25 AM

Great news !! Job well done !!!!!!!! Congratulations on being stable.

Joan M 10-25-2011 12:11 PM

Ceesun,

Wonderful to hear that you're doing well!

Joan

Ellie F 10-25-2011 01:43 PM

Ceesun
Always happy to read your posts and so glad that everything remains stable.
Ellie

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-25-2011 02:26 PM

Just had to chime in CEESE, as Pinkie calls you. Glad to hear your good news. And, I totally relate to the bathroom drama. Never had issues before chemo, and have since '95. OY.

Wobenzyme is a godsend! Probiotics (I take 15-35 vs 10-20) 2 X a day, every day. I was told to take the Wobenzyme (2) a half hr before meals -- this from my NY onc/supplement maven. I get that at Vitacost.com. And, Wobenzyme is a leading immune booster (in Germany).

Hoping you can try these and get some relief. Stay stable, my friend!

Wiith love, as always, Ceese, http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/thghts/smile
Andi

tricia keegan 10-25-2011 02:29 PM

Sounds like good news to me Cathy and hope it continue's and no progression can only mean this is working !:)

PinkGirl 10-26-2011 06:01 AM

Great news Ceese ... always happy to hear this kind of
update. Keep it up!!!

michka 10-26-2011 08:03 AM

This is good news Ceesun. I hope the "stupid" lung nodule will get tired and give up! Continue the battle.
Andi, thanks for the probiotics reference. It may help me also.
Michka

schoolteacher 10-28-2011 07:39 AM

Ceesun,

Glad to hear your good news. I am also on Tykerb, Herceptin, and Tamoxifen. Started the Tamoxifen two weeks ago. When I block the HER2 the estrogen goes up.

Amelia

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-28-2011 08:32 AM

Amelia,

So when the estrogen goes up, do the flashes start?

I was on Tamoxifen for a few yrs when I was borderline ER. When I recurred they told me to flush them. Either way -- I keep on flashing. 67 yrs old. Seriously. Met a lovely 80 yr old woman who was fanning herself I noted. I asked, Are you hot? All the time. I just celebrated my 80th bday, she told me. I knew then, for some of us -- they haven't yet figured out what to do with us...

BE WELL! Stay strong, brave and determined. Immerse yourself in The Now...

Ceesun 10-28-2011 11:03 AM

THANK YOU TO ALL!! I really appreciate all of your good wishes and encouragement. Those of us who are in this sisterhood need to hear "that a girl" once in a while. I stand corrected, I should speak for myself,...at least this sister does! Anyway, it's good to hear from each of
you. Pink, I often recall how you extended yourself to me @ 4 years ago, your perspective really helped my adjustment to a 2nd surgery. And Andi, It is really an honor to hear from you, to me, you have been the heartbeat of this website. Sincerely, Ceese

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-28-2011 11:49 AM

I just posted this in another thread, but feel you all might be interested in an enlightenment I've acquired. And of course in giving it a quick read over, I added some thoughts that occurred. Apologies for my lack of brevity. It's just that Life is so complicated! :0) Ceese, your kind words inspired me...

From my perspective -- your Soul is never depressed. It is a piece of sacred energy from our Creator. It is divine and full of extraordinary love, wisdom and power.

It is the voice in our heads that makes us feel depressed, angry, wounded, lost and alone, and of course full of fear and doubt. That voice represents our lowest selves.

When we begin to identify ourSelves as a radiant, holy Spirit, we start to see others as kindred Spirits! We respond to others with more compassion, more caring, gentleness and forgiveness. We begin to feel full of joy and awe (finding the sublime in the ordinary). We feel more like our True Selves. We feel elevated. We become our Higher Selves. Full of love and gratitude for the simplest of gifts.

We can walk, and talk, feed and clothe ourselves. Bathe ourselves. Converse with others!!

And we can consciously choose to fill our thoughts with ideas and mantras, images and passionate desires that evoke happy, serene feelings.

I live AS IF what I want already exists (in the Spiritual Realm). I KNOW it is on its way to me, so I live smiling (most of the time) feeling joyful and with peace.

As I become One with All That Is, I align mySelf with my Soul, and see the world through its eyes. That is pretty awesome, Ladies!

I Know the voice in my head is ego speaking. A primal phase of my beingness. It whines and complains, it criticizes and reprimands, belittles and demands, judges and is pig-headed. I consciously choose to reject its whimperings and taunts. I will not allow its voice to be heard over the voice of my Spirit.

And, I've learned all this since my dx in '95. My evolution accelerated in '98 w/my recurrence. It all had to happen, to bring me to where I am today. The seeds of it were within me all along. The enlightenment I found needed some serious nurturing. And there's nothing like thinking you are very likely to die soon to cause an upheaval in your thinking and behavior. I immediately felt led (I later learned it was my Spirit talking to me).

At dx I looked at my husband's face and wondered 30 yrs I then knew him I didn't recall ever seeing that expression. What was he thinking?! I suddenly realized he was already grieving for my loss! So, out of my mouth popped (somewhat to my surprise) -- Don't call the funeral home yet. I plan on living! And I smiled broadly at him.

He calmed a bit. And the doctor nearly jumped out of his office chair, slapping his hand on his desk, YES! There's absolutely no reason to think any other way! He was beaming a big smile.

I'm just saying...

Maybe my words will help lift up some other Souls on this site. That is my prayer...

Love much,

Andi

KDR 10-28-2011 12:11 PM

Oh, Andi, how we are connected, and how your love and understanding of the spiritual journey shines through. It's what gets US through.
That "voice" you mentioned is the Voice of Judgment (VOJ): "I can't," "I won't," "I won't be that lucky," while the Voice of Wisdom (VOW) says, "Of course, I can," "Why won't I?" and more profoundly, "I CAN AND I WILL." I've been taking an amazing course given by Stillpoint Consulting (you know that already), and the transformations that have occurred already for many in the group have been life-changing--such affirmations verbalized! It has nothing to do with cancer nor is it a support group, it's an invitation to overcome your personal adversity and, with allies, reach your visualized end of contentment.
With love,
Karen

Jackie07 10-28-2011 03:12 PM

Wonderful news! So glad to hear from you, Cathy.