HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Calling all stage iv sisters (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48453)

pibikay 03-17-2011 03:10 AM

Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

Hi All Sisters
I coaxed Hema to read all the posts in this thread and her outllo hjas turned +ve
Thanks and God Bless

Adriana Mangus 03-19-2011 09:09 AM

Hi Jean,

I just saw the posting.

I guess so far am the oldest stage IV on the site.

July 2003. Only God know how long I had the tumor, just not dx'ed.

Stage I -- June 1994. Found a lump on my way to Hawaii--my honeymoon!
Waited until November to see a doc. Oficially dx in December 94.

Currently doing well on the TDM1 Trial.

Love,

Adriana

Kim in DC 03-19-2011 05:02 PM

Where do I begin? My thread is pretty accurate. People are shocked when I tell them I have cancer. I still am having a persistent booger in my sternum. Hope to get if fried with radiation in two weeks. Just like Mamacze said "Blessings Abound"

KIM

fauxgypsy 03-19-2011 07:05 PM

I was diagnosed stage IV in February of 2007. There is some doubt as to whether I was stage IV or not but so far I'm still here!

DianaMK 03-23-2011 12:56 PM

I have been stage 4 since June 2010 and am currently NED. I was looking for information on staying on herceptin forever. I see many of you have been on it for a long time and are NED. I'm so encouraged. Its been a scary year.

-------------------------------------------------------
Diagnosed 12/06 - Stage 1 - IDC - Her 2 +++
Lumpectomy; A/C; Rads; Herceptin for 1 year

6/10 - Stage 4 - skin and lung mets
7/10 - lung wedge resection
6 - TCH cycles continuing on 3 week herceptin
12/10 Mastectomy
3/17/11 - NED

Chelee 03-23-2011 04:43 PM

DianaMK,
For us that are stage IV the standard of care is to stay on Herceptin for the rest of our life. And yes...you should be encouraged by that as we have so many ladies on this board that have done their chemo and maintained and stayed NED on Herceptin alone. :)

Chelee

SoCalGal 03-23-2011 05:13 PM

I'm not great at math, but it seems that (33) of us have lived over 145 years with stage 4.
Just sayin'...

Tonya 03-23-2011 05:55 PM

Stage 4 Since Aug 2006. Mets to the liver. I have been on four different combinations with herceptin and tykerb. Started Halaven Dec 2010, and now adding tykerb back in to the routine. Still working and making the most of life. God is faithful.

asahizuru 03-24-2011 04:26 PM

I haven't got round to setting out my journey - it seems to have been so much part of my life. It all started out in 1990 with first recurrence in 1996 and from then on seemed every couple of years till I moved to stage IV in 2002 with extensive spread to my bones. Have been through so many chemos and by 2002 I was on xeloda and had to come off that after 2 cycles because of too many se's. Went on to Navelbine which seemed to work (this could be seen by the reduction of the lymph node swellings all around my neck. But at end of chemo they were back :(. It was then that they checked out my her2 status and found it to be her2+++ and I went on herceptin. The effect was instant - those lymph nodes all went down - even to the point that I got full movement in my neck back again - I had probs turning side to side. Since 2004 I have been on just herceptin & pamidronate and latterly zometa every 3 weeks. Generally keeping ok but last 3 years problems with a tumour next to my lumbar spine causing nerve pain problems. But given I have clocked up 21 years with bc I am not doing too badly living with it.

asahizuru
xx

Vivienne 03-28-2011 10:24 PM

Dear all ladies,

I am here for my mom , she is 63 years old and newly diagnosed as BC , stage4 and liver mets ( multiple), the biggist one is 7cm .
But she is also a Hepatitis B Virus(HBV) carrier , she is asian .

My question is : the diagnosed date is on March 17 and hosipital will start the chemo therapy on April 16 , will this time too late ?due to we want to join a clinical trail.

I feel much better when i know there are so many stage 4 women hanging over there , because my mom gets so upset and depressed once the dr. said she only got 2-3 months to live.

Thank you all .

KDR 03-29-2011 07:52 AM

Hi, Vivienne,
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis. But tell her to hang in there! Through you, she can get a lot of inspiration from our stories and successes. It's such a blow to get a diagnosis such as this. Where are you located? I think treatment is starting within a reasonable amount of time, that's about how long it took me to get started. Is mom HER2+? I'd be depressed if my doctor put a timeline on me, too...I'd tell your mom to tell the doctor, "Watch me!"
Hugs and welcome,
Karen

radiant 04-02-2011 08:49 PM

Hi Ladies:

I was dx Stage 3C in beginning, 2005. I'm triple +. Surgeon said my bc was missed for 4-6 years on mammo's due to dense tissue. Devastating for sure. I went to mets (liver and soft tissue) in 2010.

End of 2010, major progression in liver and onc wanted ALOT of tx to stop it. Per signature below, I did and it's working. I was in a tight, tight spot last Christmas, but now feel there's hope - especially w/all the new her2+ drugs coming out.

Onc wants me to stay on this tx for 4 more rounds - as it's going well. Ixempra/Avastin first tx to touch my medistanil mets (by the heart) in 2 years - reduced it 40% in 4 rounds, and reduced liver mets by 50% as well.

It's not easy, but there's hope.

- Kim

ahoff 04-03-2011 02:08 PM

Diagnosed stage 4 IBC 5-28-10. Received 5 chemos treatments, mastcetomy, then three more chemo treatments. Went for radiation after and will be on Herceptin the rest of my life and zometa for 2 years. Recent pet scan 4-01-11 shows no sign of cancer at this time. I missed one day of work. Enjoy life.

Trish 04-03-2011 03:12 PM

Vivienne
I was diagnosed with multiple liver mets (largest 9cm) in 2006. I'm still enjoying life but have had lots of treatment since then. There is plenty of reason to hope. All the best,
Trish

radiant 04-03-2011 06:40 PM

Wow Trish - thanks for posting your update. Congrats!

Sherryg683 04-04-2011 08:41 PM

I was diagnosed stage IV in December 05. I have been NED now for 5 years and continue on with Herceptin indefinately. My oncologist doesn't do tumor markers, I have PET scans every 6 months. Glad to see all the stage IV survivors coming out. ..sherryg

Kavy 04-20-2011 01:16 AM

Diagnosed in April 2005 with stage 3C, then stage IV in November 2005, with mets to lung and liver. Have been on different treatments all these years. Liver mets are gone, but lung mets are still here. Now on Halaven and Herceptin.

DQ1 05-07-2011 09:39 PM

I also have been observing since dx 5/09 stage 3a-now as of 2/26 stage IV to mediastinal lymph nodes and left lung. Having hard time, children are 3 and 5, and I love them with all my breaking heart. Thank-you for your positive story and support. Sometines it's those people we never meet that we touch the most. (DQ1)

Karen Wheel 05-08-2011 02:56 AM

So encouraging to read these thoughts from all of you amazing women! Thank you for sharing!

Unregistered 05-08-2011 03:07 AM

Diagnosed with Stage IV in January 2007. In remission since finishing initial round of chemo. Herceptin infusion every 3 weeks for rest of my life (or until something better is invented), scans every 4 months. Work full time, exercise, completely normal quality of life. I feel incredibly blessed and am thankful every single day.