HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Calling all stage iv sisters (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48453)

thinkpositive 03-14-2016 07:33 AM

Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

Jackie,

Love your post! Certainly a great way to look at our purpose in life. I do believe we are here to help each other.

Take care,
Brenda

vickyjohn 12-22-2016 02:05 AM

Just coming up for 8 years since original DX (Multifocal ER+ PR- HER2+) and now Oligometastic with single met to Liver just found on PET/MRI

Have to decide whether Resection of Liver or biopsy & RFA w/Chemo is the choice. Not an enviable one.

Does anyone have experience of this and any suggestions / advice?

Thank you

Emy 12-22-2016 06:38 AM

I can radio frequency ablation ro a single liver met and have been ned for almost 3 years..it was easy...

ariana 12-22-2016 01:38 PM

WOW EMY, GOOD TO KNOW. Hope it's available everywhere. Example , Some
places do lumectomy, and radiate the breast at the same time, called I ort I think.
Wasn't available at my hospital. Would have to go to cleveland clinic orCancer treatment
center in Philly. Had to do the 30 day thing.

nsebesta 12-24-2016 07:57 PM

Emy - I had a resection to remove 2 mets in Feb. 2005. Did chemo prior to surgery. Have been NED since. It wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. Best wishes!

vickyjohn 06-10-2018 10:24 AM

As an update - had the Liver resection in Jan 17. Then onto maintenance TDM1 ever since. Year and a half on still NED. Doing the Healthy Healthy Healthy eating without fail.

Joan M 06-20-2018 05:22 AM

Glad to hear that you you've had a good result! I used local procedures as well, but in the lung.

4angel 10-21-2018 06:41 AM

Stage 4, MBC bone liver and maybe lung. All was gone at end of Chemo NEAD since 2013 ( diag. 8/2012) still on herceptin , zometa and anatrosal. Life is good. wish some of the new adds would realize how a patient might feel based on their comments. they see positive I see negative...

Unclaimed 10-21-2018 05:57 PM

This is wonderful. Thank you so much everyone. I'm one of the newbies. I started at Stage 4

Colleen 11-05-2018 10:38 AM

It’s been 5 years since my stage IV denovo dx’d. It’s been quite a journey and not always easy, but I am still here, still receiving herceptin and perjeta every 21 days. There is no end in sight as far as treatment goes, 82 treatments over 5 years! Guess we stage IV thrivers are also multi million dollar metavivors! I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for western medicine, brilliant doctors and scientists who can discover and design drugs that keep us alive. Full of gratitude 🙏🏼