HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Nicola is with the Lord (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31288)

Debbie Harris 11-26-2007 01:54 PM

Nicola is with the Lord

Dear supporters,

I am so sorry to bear this news as I know how devastating it is to hear that a warrior has lost their battle. I know it was something that was always very difficult for Nikki to hear on the message boards. She had great pride in being called the "Trail Blazer" when she announced here that she would be the first to go on her clinical trial of Lapatinib and Herceptin.

Nicola passed away this past Sunday evening November 18th. She fought till the end and she was tired. Now she is with the Lord and has renewed energy.
I know that she would want all of you to know how much your support meant to her. This was a place where she could vent and say things that she could not say to those closest to her. I have spent most of the day reading her previous posts. I am so thankful that she had a place where she could go and say anything and feel safe. I have not sorted through where she left off on the story of her journey with all of you, but if you have any questions, it would be a comfort to me to provide you with any gaps in information that I can.
God bless all of you warriors on your journey.
Feel free to email me at Advo1@aol.com
Nicola's sister,
Debbie

Sheila 11-26-2007 02:12 PM

Debbie
I am so sorry that you lost your sister...she was a true blessing on this board, and lifted my spirits time and time again....I shall miss her wisdom and her love...we have yeat another angel taken too soon...please extend my sympathies to her husband and family.

lilyecuadorian 11-26-2007 02:16 PM

I'm sorry to hear this news ..my condolences are with you, husband and family ..thanks for let us know ..I know she is in heaven with our Lord ..

caya 11-26-2007 02:47 PM

So sorry to hear of Nicola's passing. She was a true warrior. My deepest sympathies to the family.
Another angel in heaven.

all the best
caya

Jean 11-26-2007 02:49 PM

Dear Debbie,
I am sorry and sad to hear your news of your sister Nicola.
My sympathies to you, and Nicola's husband. She will be
deeply missed here on our board.

Regards,
Jean

RhondaH 11-26-2007 02:51 PM

My prayers go out...

to you and your family.

Rhonda

nitewind 11-26-2007 02:51 PM

Please accept my sincere sympathy on the passing of your dear sister. She will be greatly missed.
Gentle hugs

suzan w 11-26-2007 03:11 PM

This is indeed sad news. Thank you for letting us know. Prayers and strength to your family.

DonnaD 11-26-2007 03:52 PM

Debbie,
I am so sorry to hear about your dear sister Nikki. I have just read a few of her posts and she was indeed a Trail Blazer. Her involvement in the clinical trial will help many.

May you find peace in knowing her hard fought battle is over and she is with the Lord. Many prayers will be coming your way.

Donna

dhealey 11-26-2007 04:14 PM

Debbie,
Thank you for sharing this news with us. My most heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. She is another angel watching over all of us.

Vi Schorpp 11-26-2007 04:15 PM

So very sad

for all of you. Nikki contributed so much to this board and will be sorely missed. Please accept my sincere condolences. May you find peace in the promise of everlasting life. Sincerely. Vi

Mary Jo 11-26-2007 04:28 PM

Thank you Debbie for sharing this sad news with each of us. Yes, as Sheila stated "another angel taken too soon." As you stated so matter of factly Debbie, "now she is at Home with her Lord and has renewed energy." May you and your family find some peace and solace in that.

Please accept my sincere condolences at your loss and may you be comforted in the knowledge that one day you will have a reunion with her in Heaven.

Love & Peace,

Mary Jo

kareneg 11-26-2007 04:31 PM

Dear Debbie,

I am so sorry Nicola was a true friend to us all, please know that Nicola holds a special place in my heart, my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

IRENE FROM TAMPA 11-26-2007 04:45 PM

I am so sorry

to hear about Nikki's passing. My heart is heavy today for you and Nikki's family.

I shed some tears in losing another sister, she was a warrior and we will always remember her.

kimber 11-26-2007 05:29 PM

I am deeply saddened. She was always there to pick someone up when they needed it. Even though she was in a "rough" time herself.

She will be missed. My prayers to you - her family, also to all of us - her other family.

-kim

lexigirl 11-26-2007 05:41 PM

Dear Debbie,

Please accept my sympathy. This is heart wrenching. She was taken far to soon. Nicola was very brave.

With a heavy heart,
Lexi

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-26-2007 06:24 PM

Dear Debbie,

Thank you for letting us know. I was deeply saddened by the news of Nikki's passing. She was a beautiful Soul that shined so brightly on this site for all to see, no matter what. Her words came from the depth of her being and that is so rare and special, as was she. She is missed already. I send my sincerest condolences to you and your family on this sad occasion. Surely she is with God, having passed on with strength and courage to the very end. I would be surprised to hear differently.

I believe death is not the end of our story. Her Spirit has passed on to another realm of being. And one day you will be in one another's arms again. For now, let us all be grateful that she was in our lives, surely wanting more but for now having to accept what has come to be. With love,
Andi

ita 11-26-2007 07:15 PM

Dear Debbie,

Words fail me. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Ita

Soccermom 11-26-2007 07:35 PM

My sincere condolences as well,Debbie. May her memory be a blessing,
Marcia

StephN 11-26-2007 08:13 PM

Dear Debbie -
We have been missing Nicola here and asking each other from time to time if she has been heard from. Her silence was truly deafening. I am sad.

Thank you for keeping us posted. She was a valiant fighter and, as you will see in her posts, had much to give here.