HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Senior Member Check-In! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66663)

jra40 11-22-2017 09:36 AM

Senior Member Check-In!

As I reflect on my 7 years this week from my breast cancer diagnosis, I can't help to think about all the lovely ladies that reached out to me on this website to guide me through and give me hope. We lost some of those ladies over the course of the years but I know there are a lot of us senior members out there still thriving! Check in if you read this post, would love to hear how you are doing and help some of the newer members see that there is hope for a brighter future after BC!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Jessica

Laurel 11-22-2017 02:48 PM

Re: Senior Member Check-In!

Hi Jessica!

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful to be a "senior" member as well coming upon my 10th year cancerversary this spring! This site with its many wonderful souls has been a great comfort to me over the years. Yes, newbies, YEARS! Have hope!

DianaMK 11-22-2017 03:55 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all! 11 years total - 7 years stage 4. Feel so blessed and so much to be thankful for. God bless!

Becky 11-22-2017 04:02 PM

Happy Thanksgiving. I give thanks to all of you and helping me through 13+ years.

thinkpositive 11-22-2017 04:03 PM

Jessica,

Congrats on being 7 years out! Thank you for your post. I agree that this site has been a great source of comfort to many of us "senior members". I still go to the site to get advise and check in with other her2 members.

I'm 4 1/2 years out from being diagnosed and am doing great so far!

Take care,
Brenda

Cathya 11-22-2017 05:45 PM

Jessica;

Congratulations Jessica and thank you for your post. This site has offered me such support, comfort and information that was invaluable to me being now 13 years NED of breast cancer. I do miss and think of all of the wonderful, intelligent, funny, courageous women who have passed.

My ovarian cancer was not a metastases of my breast cancer so I consider myself a long time survivor here lol. So far so good with the ovarian. By the way, there is no site as fantastic as her2support.org for ovarian cancer patients and I am so happy to have you all here to talk to. It's also lovely to keep seeing Lani with all of her research.

God bless, Happy Thanksgiving,

Cathy

europa 11-22-2017 06:45 PM

Present! 6 years out! Have an awesome Thanksgiving!

Pamelamary 11-22-2017 11:51 PM

!3 years since diagnosis and almost 6 years at Stage IV. So grateful for the support and information - and for Vitamin H!
Best wishes to all..... Pam

Bunty 11-26-2017 12:55 AM

Such a great idea Jessica - thanks for starting thread. I've had a 'big' year this year, and will update on a separate thread soon. But in the meantime, coming up to 17 years since original diagnosis, and have passed 10 years at Stage IV. And still well and living a pretty normal life!
Cheers to all at HER2 Support Group, Marie

MaineRottweilers 11-26-2017 05:18 AM

Jessica, happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else too. This group has been a life line and sounding board. I feel very blessed to have been a part of it through the years.

jacqueline1102 11-26-2017 01:10 PM

Thank you, Jessica, for starting this thread. Indeed, the women here are amazing. Best wishes to you and everyone here as we all give thanks for each other and our loved ones.

Cheers,

Jackie

Carol Ann 11-26-2017 06:18 PM

Four years and I am so grateful every day for this forum and everyone on it! Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

Carol Ann

Catherine 11-26-2017 10:23 PM

Present and checking in! It has been 11 years since my DX. I have no recurrences and no new cancers. I feel lucky and blessed and lead a very normal life. This site has been my comfort and support since 2006. My thoughts are always with our sisters and brothers who may no longer be with us. My thanks to All who participate and share and help keep our site going!

jaykay 11-27-2017 12:06 PM

5 years out from 2nd diagnosis and 17.5 from 1st diagnosis. Thanks to this group for helping me cope. You are all smart, wise and compassionate!

I know it's not original but "what a long, strange trip it's been"

jra40 11-27-2017 12:30 PM

Love that all of you checked in and so happy to see everyone THRIVING!! Yes, Jay Kay I totally identify with your quote "What a long strange trip it's been"! Keep on fighting my fellow warriors, we are part of a very special group in life :)

StephN 11-27-2017 12:40 PM

Still here. I look in to see how everyone is doing, and to chime in if I have some words that might help someone.

Diagnosed just over 17 years ago. At that time, all I could see was the next step in my new life with breast cancer. That gradually changed over the years, and I have accomplished a great amount in the meantime.

We are retired now and have the finances and freedom to enjoy our family and friends. We enjoyed a milestone attending my 50th high school reunion in Sept. There was a big turnout and it is something I never imagined all those years ago.

roz123 11-27-2017 05:36 PM

Hello Lovely Ladies
Checking in at 6 years !
This site helped me immensely in the early days of shock and fear, seeing all the long term survivors here really gave me so much hope. I received so much great advice and encouragement.
To all the newbies. Targeted Treatments have really made all the difference for us her2 girls. You have many weapons in our arsenal -you can do this!

lkc Gumby 12-02-2017 06:10 PM

hi there beautiful ladies!
Checking in... 12.5 years since a a"nasty " stage IIIc dx. NED and eternally grateful for life!

Midwest Alice 12-03-2017 09:19 AM

Happy late Thanksgiving. Its been a long time, 10 years in April!

caya 12-03-2017 07:26 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to Jessica and all my American friends.
Just over 11 years out for me.

all the best
caya