HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Janelle is gone (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22848)

Lisa 02-21-2006 10:01 PM

Janelle is gone

We've lost another fighter, our friend Janelle from Michigan. Janelle was divorced, had 2 young grandchildren and her son who lived close by. She was as surprised as anyone when her cancer returned to her brain and liver. Yet you never heard her complain. It was always about how YOU were doing.

I know you'll meet up with Mary, friend. And I expect the two of you will spend lots of time doing your puzzles!

It shouldn't have been so soon, damn it.

Sending love and light through tears,

Lisa

kristen 02-21-2006 10:17 PM

Dear Lisa.

I am so sorry that you have lost yet another friend to this disease. Shed your tears and remember the good conversations and Mary Crawford. She was such a dear. They all leave a legacy behind them. I think the memorial page will be an honor to such women who put up such a brave fight. You were such a good friend to both of them. My prayers are with you and of course with her family at loosing such a wonderful person at such a young age. Take Care Lisa. Love to you. K

Lolly 02-22-2006 08:59 AM

I'm sad to hear this news. But, knowing she was getting close prepared us for her passing. Another "veteran" gone, but not forgotten.

<3 Lolly

Unregistered 02-22-2006 10:44 AM

Lisa
So sorry to hear about Janelle.....but as a memorial to her, I can still feel her presence with us on this board...she made a huge difference to many of us, and was loved by all who met her through our board...my prayers for her and her family....she is now at peace but with many fond memories.

Lisa 02-22-2006 11:20 AM

I just spoke to her apartment manager. She told how special Janelle. About 4 months ago there was a fire at the complex. It displaced 8 apartments, 4 lost everything. Janelle, who was sick at the time, asked what she could do. So she took on the job of coordinating donations. And, says her dear manager, she was the ONLY resident to come forward.

For those of you who don't know, Janelle moved from Detroit to Owosso about 2 years ago to be near her grandchildren, now ages 4 and 6 I believe. She left the wonderful medical care she was getting at the U. of Michigan. But her family was more important.

She also helped start our first Chat session here along with me and Mary. She said, "I've never done something like this, but I'll try." That, too, was Janelle. She would always pitch in where needed.

This disease destroys our bodies, but as evidenced by Janelle, not our spirits.

Her Memorial Service is Thursday eve. at 7 p.m. at the 1st Church of the Nazarene. I'll get her son's address as soon as possible.

Love and light to all, here and above,

Lisa

StephN 02-22-2006 12:04 PM

Thanks Lisa

Yes, I enjoyed the anecdote about Janelle and the apartment fire.
She was always one to "raise her hand" as I recall her on the "old" version of this board.
Encouragement was her middle name to those she posted to.

al from Canada 02-22-2006 12:37 PM

My heart goes out to Janelle's family and friends, but especially her grandkids who will miss out the most from her passing. It's never easy!

Al and Linda

Sheila 02-22-2006 03:43 PM

Lisa

The unregistered post above was from me...I keep losing my login identity...hey, at least I'm not losing my mind!!!

lexigirl 02-22-2006 04:03 PM

Lisa,

I am sorry to read about the death of your friend. It hurts my heart to read of another person dying from this awful disease.

I pray that her son and grandchildren will be at peace.

Love,
Lexi

Sandy H 02-22-2006 07:16 PM

I too am sadden to hear of the loss of another sister to this disease. She will be missed greatly on this board. hugs, Sandy

Kim in CA 02-23-2006 01:26 PM

Lisa,

It is really hard to hear of another one of our sisters passing. I'll keep her family in my prayers, cause I know it's always hardest on those left behind. I do think a memorial page is a good idea, because I am afraid that with my chemo brain I am going to start losing track of those gone before me, and I don't ever want to forget. Love, Kim