HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on Kiri (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60620)

KirisMum 03-27-2014 08:03 PM

Update on Kiri

Almost exactly a year ago, my daughter Kiri (then 28) was diagnosed Stage IV ( original diagnosis in 2010 as stage Iiib, IDC & DCIS, ER+, PR-, HER2+++), with multiple mets to liver, lymph, lungs and bones. She was on weekly taxol, plus herceptin and perjeta every 3 weeks, for 6 months. Declared NED in early October, rejoicing was short-lived when MRI just before Thanksgiving revealed a dozen brain mets. She underwent WBR, was very ill in January, had two spinal taps to rule out leptomeningeal mets, and just this afternoon we learned that all her latest scans were clean, and MRI of brain showed largest lesion had shrunk from 11mm to 2mm and no other lesions are discernible.

We are down on our knees with gratitude, for however long this reprieve is granted to us. She is a strong, vibrant, determined young lady, and every opportunity she is allowed to live her life to the fullest is an inexpressible blessing.

May her journey give you hope. :-)

Carol Ann 03-27-2014 08:36 PM

Re: Update on Kiri

Wonderful news! It is so good for everyone's morale to hear reports like this! Thanks so much for posting.

Carol Ann

Pray 03-27-2014 08:42 PM

Truly thanks for posting! Gods blessing are all around us. Hoping and praying all goes well for your daughter.

BonnieR 03-27-2014 09:31 PM

I have been thinking of you quite recently. It's so wonderful to hear this news. She, and you, have been through the wringer. This is blessing. I know you'll cherish it
Keep the faith

IrvineFriend 03-27-2014 10:49 PM

Thank you so much for letting all of us know. It really brings hope. Best wishes for your daughter and your family for continued health. You have really endured so much.

Pamelamary 03-27-2014 10:57 PM

Great news - may Kiri's reprieve be long and happy for you all.
Best wishes.... Pam

Redwolf8812 03-28-2014 05:37 AM

Thank You, Lord!

- Penny

michka 03-28-2014 06:09 AM

This is very good news. I am so happy for Kiri! Thank you for sharing. Michka

Bunty 03-28-2014 06:12 AM

Thank you KirisMum for sharing this news! Sending prayer and good wishes for continued healing for Kiri.
Best wishes
Marie

sarah 03-28-2014 11:03 AM

This is wonderful news about Kiri, so great to hear. 28 is far too young to be in this fight but she's a warrior and courageous and hope she will continue to win her battles. She is also lucky to have a caring mother to give her support, may you stay strong and healthy also; being the carer can be so hard because you want to fight her battles for her or instead of her.
thank you for posting this good news, wishing her a happy and long life
hugs and love sarah

'lizbeth 03-28-2014 01:43 PM

I'm so glad for you and Kiri that the treatments have been so effective.

Wishing her to NED, and many many more healthy years.

Becky 03-28-2014 01:53 PM

Its nice to hear good news and to see you again.

KDR 03-28-2014 02:32 PM

Wonderful progress she is making! So happy to see this news! Soon, and very soon, she'll be NED again!

Warm wishes,
Karen

JennyB 03-28-2014 03:29 PM

Fantastic news - I'm so happy to read long may it last xx

tricia keegan 03-28-2014 03:48 PM

So very happy for you all! long may it last:)

sassy 03-28-2014 04:15 PM

Wonderful news! Thanks so much for keeping pus updated.

May Kiri's progress continue!

KirisMum 03-28-2014 04:18 PM

Thank you so much; you are all so very kind. I don't think we ever stop waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop (or maybe the Sword of Damacles would be a more appropriate metaphor!), especially as Moms, but this does give me a breath of relief.

I will be attending the annual LBBC Conference - Living Beyond Breast Cancer-- in Philadelphia this April, so if any of you are planning to go, please PM me and maybe we can meet in person!

Great blessings, hope, and thanks to all of you!!

suzan w 03-28-2014 07:37 PM

This is wonderful news. Thank you for sharing. You are so right about waiting for the other shoe to drop...I think we can all identify with that!!!

Jackie07 03-29-2014 06:35 AM

Thanks for sharing the wonderful news. She's blessed to have you by her side. Be sure to take good care of yourself as well.