HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Finally 2021 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69086)

Becky 12-31-2020 05:37 PM

Finally 2021

Happy New Year Everyone!

By this time next year you will all advocate for your vaccination and be safe to see all your family and friends. Be safe, be well, speak up.

You're my people and I love you all!

JessicaV 01-05-2021 08:17 AM

Re: Finally 2021

Hi Becky, how lovely it is to see you there and hear that you are 16years NED. I am just waking up to the fact that it is that time of year again: 6th January 2014 was my wakeup call: sitting with a top radiologist called in to check what the young radiologist had seen on my ultrasound and was very worried about. So treatment, survival, thinking it is all behind me and maybe it is. A few hiccups on the way: I missed my final 5yr checkup with my oncologist/surgeon last September 2020 because of Covid 19. I did have a large melanoma cut out by my right collarbone on my previously non-hacked around side of my chest in June/July 2019, which got deeply infected and landed me in hospital twice. Accumulating scars, fighting back. Luckily it was only Grade One, no roots, all gone.

And here I am today, ringing around to book in for an ultrasound of my uterus because I have a worrisome little polyp poking out of my cervix, and I am told may well be an endometrial polyp and given my breast cancer history, they want to check what is going on in there. My physio told me to see my GP, may be nothing but let's be sure. My GP tried to remove it but said it was a bit thick stemmed, so let's send you to a gynaecologist. I went to my family planning GP who told me a bit more about everything. She said that because I had breast cancer, and am now using Vagifem with a pessary, I could be seeing a metastases to the endometrium. She said it came from a long way up the cervical canal. She said they need to check my uterus/endometrium: I may have a cluster of polyps there, or not, and what is there may be benign or not. It was good being told what she was concerned about, but I had a sense that I was only half taking it in, and not asking the questions I should. She wants me to have an ultrasound, and she will advise once the results come back whether I am fine or not or may need further investigation just to be sure from a gynaecologist.

Now this uterine thing. Hmmm. So, my friends I am back asking for a bit of support. I no longer have a supportive daughter: she went weird on me when her first child was 2, and declared war on me and was so savage and cruel. We speak, I am as helpful as I can be and take care of my little granddaughters each Thursday, but she is no longer close, or available. My husband is not someone I can talk to either. So this is hard and lonely.

Becky 01-06-2021 09:24 AM

You know we are always here for you, to support you and have your question list ready to go. I will say that early on I had my ovaries and tube removed because I got my period back after chemo and those hormones raged havoc on my uterus. Super thick endometrium and some polyps. All benign. No hormones and everything went away. Had skin cancer too like you. I am a living hack job.

Stay safe and stay strong. We are here for you and will get you thru this blip in the road.

Donna H 01-06-2021 01:44 PM

Keep on fighting. You are not alone, as everyone here supports you and is here for you.

jaykay 01-07-2021 03:54 PM

Echoing Becky and Donna. You will always have support with this group. I also had a melanoma removed from my upper chest; actually right in the middle of my collarbone over 5 years ago. I blame serious sun exposure during my stupid years but who knows?

Kind of surprised re: comment about Vagifem and breast cancer since your signature indicated ER-.

Mary Jo 03-14-2021 04:17 PM

Hey Jessica.....I'm sorry you are going through what you are going through right now. It's so hard, isn't it! I'm so happy you are reaching out to us and I am so happy I checked in after a sort of long hiatus. I will be keeping you in my prayers and will check in often to help support you.

JessicaV 05-22-2021 02:49 AM

Thanks for the support. All well, saw a great gynecologist who is mostly an obstetrician so much more geared than many male gynies to empowering women by giving full info re options and risks, and letting women make choices. He thought it was just a simple polyp, on its own, and testing showed he was correct.

Becky 05-22-2021 05:14 AM

Yay. It seems for those of us that have had cancer, lots of things continue to pop up along the way. It is not all bad news but it is worrisome nonetheless. I am happy this is now behind you.