HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Gratitude - share one or two... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62209)

SoCalGal 11-24-2014 11:30 PM

Gratitude - share one or two...

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving.

Share a gratitude or two...

I am grateful for this board, and for all the lovely support, information and friendships over these past 7 years.

I am grateful that I still hold hope.

Ceesun 11-25-2014 05:44 PM

Re: Gratitude - share one or two...

Hey Flori, What a nice sentiment! I am also grateful to this board...its been my lifeline really. I ache for those we have lost along the way, but I guess I have come to believe the best way to honor them is to push on ahead.... I am grateful that I am a two time grandma and soon to be third time. These are treasures that cancer cannot take away....Happy Thanksgiving friends. Cathy

tricia keegan 11-25-2014 05:46 PM

Flori I can only echo Ceesun has said and just feel sad that Joe and Christine are no longer with us but they left a huge legacy and family here.:)

Lucy 11-26-2014 06:55 PM

A friend of mine has gone with me to many of my treatments. A few months ago she went with me when I had to have an echocardiogram during a time where I was having significant issues standing and walking. She watched me struggle to get into her car and into (and out of) a cart at the hospital. She was listening when I had a conversation with a woman who had traveled from out of state for tests. The woman had been diagnosd with stage II cancer. They'd tried a couple of chemo options, none of which were helping - the tumor was still growing. Her son is disabled and has had a couple of surgeries already this year. She doesn't get paid time off for treatments or sickness and she'd already used up all her vacation time so if she didn't work, she wasn't getting paid. She was driving home to another state after she got the results from her tests and going to work the next day because she couldn't afford not to. So when I was checking in at the breast center for my doctor's appointment my friend was asked if she could be helped and my friend snapped back with a NO! because she was thinking at the moment how grateful she was she wasn't having to go through what any of the people we'd met / talked to at the hospital and it came out more harsh than she meant it to. I kind of view my situation the same way in that, while I was diagnosed with a pretty bad ass cancer, my prognosis is good. While I had significant side effects from the treatment, it was a blip on the screen of my life and is essentially done (with the exception of a few more months of herceptin and possibly a pill . . . but that's another story). I'm grateful that my situation isn't any worse than it is. I can't think of anyone in my life that can challenge my year (and think theirs was crappier) but I still consider myself pretty darned lucky, And I'm grateful for that.

Jackie07 11-26-2014 07:06 PM

We are grateful that, after emergency surgery (Iliostomy) in the evening of October 25 to fix a ruptured colon, Father-in-law has been doing well and will have the storma reversed in a month or so, so he can use the bath room in a normal manner. (The bladder catheter had been removed about 10 days ago.)

He will celebrate his 92nd Birthday in late February.

O and I've been able to go whole day without wearing the compression sleeve and glove lately.

annettchen 11-26-2014 07:26 PM

It was a tough year, no doubt. But I am grateful that currently it looks like the cancer is stable. I think I will have at least another year with my daughter. I am currently planning her 6th birthday party, and I am very grateful that I can do that for her, and with her!

Will hopefully be able to start being grateful for another year come November 2015!

Catherine 11-30-2014 10:47 PM

I am grateful for this site and all the support that is available for all of us. I am thankful that we all have a place to come to for information and wise and loving help. I am thankful for a group of friends who truly understand. I am greatful that we do not have to feel alone with our thoughts.

BonnieR 12-01-2014 09:30 PM

Hey Flori , I'm grateful to see familiar folks like you keeping the faith and being grateful. Not giving up. And Annette, joining the brigade. It takes a village supporting each other
I visited my Cancer center today for a checkup. And felt so grateful for the Treatment Room nurses who are still working there. For years. Seeing so much sadness and hope too
Keep the faith

Redwolf8812 12-02-2014 09:44 AM

I'm grateful to God for letting me live this long, and for an otherwise-healthy existence. I'm also grateful to Him for His Gift of Salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ.

:-) Penny

yanyan 12-02-2014 10:19 AM

I'm thankful that I'm here to see my daughter graduating from kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade and coming 3rd grade in summer. I'm thankful for all the support I get from family, friends, doctors...