HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   8 year stage 4 cancerversary. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68534)

Pamelamary 02-13-2020 05:28 PM

8 year stage 4 cancerversary.

Just checking in... Given Doctor Google gave me 8 months in 2012, I feel profoundly grateful for the fact that I am still here. That first year was awful, but I have been lucky to have continued stable since.
There are times that I feel absolutely sick of myself and matters medical, where my life is measured out in cycles of treatment and scans. However, by and large I have been able to pursue my interests in books, film and exercise without any limitations. I have managed to have a couple of overseas trips every year, which have been wonderful.
Getting older is proving to be a bit of a pain, quite apart from the cancer. Never imagined seeing 2020! Another thing is survivor guilt - I still volunteer at a Melbourne peer support network and have seen the loss of many beautiful women. The very young are particularly heart breaking.
There is a growing number of us, the long term survivors. Surely somewhere there are clues leading to a cure?
Best wishes to all on this site, which has been a valuable source of information and support.

caya 02-13-2020 08:45 PM

Re: 8 year stage 4 cancerversary.

Big Congrats to you, Pamelamary.

I say that every day is a gift for us BC survivors.

all the best
caya

jacqueline1102 02-14-2020 03:19 PM

Hello Pam,

Wonderful news for you and your loved ones. Living with mets is not an easy thing. Happy Valentine's Day and enjoy the weekend.

Cheers,

Jackie

Becky 02-14-2020 08:13 PM

Congratulations. You have great spirit - always have even in the beginning when you first joined. One day, there will be a cure. But surely you have greatly benefited from the gold standard therapy and protocol. Carry on! Happy Valentine's day

Bunty 02-18-2020 07:49 PM

Woohoo Pam! A wonderful milestone to reach, and may there be many more milestones t celebrate, and more answers revealed about this disease.

Best wishes, Marie

Pamelamary 02-18-2020 11:59 PM

Hey Marie,
How are you going? You are way ahead of me in the survival stakes and of course, in the same country. Hope all is well.
Regards.... Pam
(By the way, you might be interested in looking at the website of the organisation I volunteer with: Counterpart.org.au There are some interesting podcasts available.....
Regards.... Pam

tricia keegan 02-27-2020 03:33 PM

Many congratulations Pam, very happy for you!