HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Liver mets....advice? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62023)

embur102 10-21-2014 02:26 PM

Liver mets....advice?

Hi ladies!

Just read the results of my CAT scan..."several new hypodense lesions in both lobes of liver, largest 13 mm....Impression: new intrahepatic metastatic lesions in both lobes of liver."

See my onc Thurs day AM. Advice, support, prayers, love....all is welcome!

Thanks!

LeahM 10-21-2014 03:26 PM

Re: Liver mets....advice?

Love times infinity.

carlatte7 10-21-2014 05:02 PM

I am just...speechless...there is a plan for you, I know it. You can do this. Love you.

phil 10-21-2014 05:36 PM

T DM-1 did wonders for my wifes liver mets -ned 4 yrs. T DM-1 and perjeta makes an even stronger , then some anti -estrogen tx as follow up Good Luck God Bless and Heal...

StephN 10-21-2014 06:06 PM

Here comes out the proverbial "crapstick" again!

My advice - FIGHT!

You may need one of the standard chemos plus one of the new targeted drugs, but at least a two-pronged approach should shut the buggers down.

My liver mets were in the days when we only had Herceptin, and luckily it worked in combo for me. You have a great chance to overcome the mets with all the new possibilities.

Be sure to ask a lot of questions. You are much better armed than I was.

caya 10-21-2014 06:49 PM

Sending lots of love from Canada to you.

Let us know how your meeting with your onc. goes - hopefully with lots of treatment options.

all the best
caya

Gift 10-21-2014 08:17 PM

Sending warm HUG and lots of love from Thailand.

There is no other option but fight.

All the best with the outcome,
Gift

Pamelamary 10-21-2014 10:09 PM

Dear Embur,
I know liver mets sound scary, but there are numbers of women on this site who have had good results from treatment. Mine actually appeared while on a trial with TDM-1, but Docetaxol and Herceptin shrank the nasty little critters almost completely. I am still stable and living well on Herceptin and Tamoxifen, hoping to emulate some of our sisters with 10 years or more at Stage IV.
Just remember we are all different and there are many treatment options available. I hope you and your onc quickly settle on a treatment plan that is effective and not too onerous.
Sending best wishes..... Pam

Bunty 10-22-2014 03:48 AM

Embur, I know your recent news is very hard to accept at the moment, but just remember that your docs are right on everything that is happening with you. Pamelamary is so right when she says there are lots of things that can be done for liver mets. I first got a liver met about 4 years ago, and chemo got it under control a couple of times, and then I had surgery this year and all is clear again - the met had grown back to around 4.5cm. Keep us in the loop as to how you go, and sending you hugs.
Marie

phil 10-22-2014 04:05 AM

our doc was just talking about the look on the surgeons face when he removed a bile duct stent after t dm-1 cleaned out 7 liver tumors and cancer in that duct, and the right kidney ureter - that was 4 yrs ago. that surgeon had nevr seen t dm-1 - with eyes wide he said " wow -when I put that stent in your wofe last yr her duct was like this ( squeezes fingers shut , now I could put my whole finger through

phil 10-22-2014 04:08 AM

my clumsy fingers -" wife " . just went to farbers met. bc forum - still a lot of talk about tdm-1 -seems to cross bbb , we go for pet next month -may stop

hestko76 10-22-2014 04:56 AM

I pray that you and the doctor come up with a successful treatment plan to zap the liver mets. You can do this!

embur102 10-22-2014 08:36 AM

This site and you ladies ( and gentlemen) are amazing! It is such a comforting feeling knowing that I can always come here for love and support. My gratitude overflows to each and every one of you~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

on a secondary night, went to ER last night with itching, swelling hives covering my legs and arms. Allergic reaction to either contrast dye from yesterdays CAT scan, or from Lamictal , the new anti seizure medication that I started on Sunday. Ordered Benadryl, and discontinued Lamictal. Starting Vimpat today.

Will post the liver mets treatment plan after I see my onc tomorrow.

Mtngrl 10-22-2014 10:25 AM

Embur,

As others have said, everyone's different and responds to treatments in different ways, but many of us have conquered liver mets, following different paths.

I was stage iv at diagnosis, and it was a liver biopsy that confirmed that status. But the liver mets are long gone now. They responded completely to what was then the standard of care for stage iv, three months of weekly Taxol and Herceptin (though I switched from Taxol to Abraxane due to an allergic reaction.)

As StephN said, there are many tools available now, and much reason to hope. CoolBreeze, after multiple chemos and even surgery, is now NED on Herceptin and Perjeta. The only detectable mets she had were in her liver.

A friend in my in-person support group also presented at stage iv, with liver mets. She then got brain mets--almost 4 years ago. She's been stable on Herceptin and Tykerb.

Hang in there. Let us know what you find out.