HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ten Years Stage 4 … and still A-OK (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61094)

mamacze 05-26-2014 07:21 PM

Ten Years Stage 4 … and still A-OK

It is the end of the day - and after celebrating my 58th birthday (gasp!!) my mind is on all of you.
Ten years ago I was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer and mets to all four lobes of my lungs. I felt pretty lousy. I was horrified at the thought of breaking this news and all the awfulness that comes with it - to my 4 children (ages 8 - 18). Many of you too have walked in these stinking shoes.
Well today, 10 years later, my scans last week came back with a “no changes” report - I am stable on Herceptin … and A-OK. (ALMOST NED except for one stinking tiny spot on my lungs that hasn’t changed for many years)
Today, it is my fervent wish and prayer that all of you with mets are given the same chance. NED. A moment when cancer is not on your mind. A few days of feeling pretty darn good. The chance to look to your future with joyful anticipation.
At the very least, I wish for my experience to give you all a small bucket full of hope.
I am not logged in as much as I was in the early years; but I will not let another birthday pass without an update.
Love and Hugs to all of my her2 sisters!
Kim (from CT)

suzan w 05-26-2014 07:39 PM

Re: Ten Years Stage 4 … and still A-OK

Dear Kim, what a fantastic milestone...10 years! A decade of navigating the unsteady cancer landscape, with all its ups and downs. Thank you for posting your wonderful news!!! Congratulations and hugs!!!

KaiM 05-26-2014 07:54 PM

Yay Kim! Your story gives me a bucket of hope, thank you! And Happiest of Birthdays!

crb 05-26-2014 09:28 PM

Happy Birthday and such inspiring news! I have my last chemo tomorrow and bmx scheduled for June 20...looking ahead to 10 years down the road as well :)

Bunty 05-26-2014 09:46 PM

Kim, you have made my day with your wonderful post. Such great news, and I love your wishes for us all here - thank you! I feel very happy for you, and wish you many, many years ahead stable and NED.
Cheers Marie

Pamelamary 05-27-2014 12:19 AM

Great news Kim, giving hope to many of us! Hope you had a wonderful birthday.
Best wishes.... Pam

4angel 05-27-2014 05:18 AM

Happy Birthday and scan results! thank you for sharing. I am approaching year 2 and it is so good to hear of the possibility of many more!

Becky 05-27-2014 05:44 AM

I am so happy for you. Congratulations and Happy Birthday.

annettchen 05-27-2014 11:11 AM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Kim, this is simply wonderful! I wish you many, many more birthdays to enjoy. And I wish for myself I may be as lucky as you are - I was recently diagnosed with HER2+++ ER/PR- and mets to the bones off the get go.
My daughter is 5, so 10 years sounds just great to me - 15 or 20 would be even better (shooting for the moon, here)!

Thanks again for posting this - it gives me hope!

Annette
----------------------------------------
03/2014: Diagnosed with ER/PR-, HER2+++ MBC (bone mets)
04/2014: Started 6 cycles of "PHD" (Pertuzumab, Herceptin, Docetaxel)

'lizbeth 05-27-2014 11:15 AM

Happy Birthday! Congratulations on reaching a major milestone both physical and emotionally.

Wishing you many more joy filled decades!

DianaMK 05-27-2014 11:33 AM

Happy Birthday! and thanks for sharing your good news. You've give us stage 4 sisters much hope. Coming up on 4 years stage 4 myself. God is good.

sarah 05-27-2014 01:33 PM

Yeah Kim, way to go!!! A very happy birthday
health and happiness always
love sarah

KDR 05-27-2014 01:44 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Angel! (I love it when you call me "Angel")!! Oh, how I love to see your face and hear your news!
I was thinking about you just yesterday, that I had to call and give you all my news! And I will!
Please come around more often, you are soooo loved!
Enjoy your day, beauty,
Hugs & Kisses
Karen

Mtngrl 05-27-2014 03:26 PM

Dear Kim,

It's so great to hear from you and to learn that you're still stable on just Herceptin. Hallelujah!

I'm happy for you, of course, but I'm also happy that people just starting down this road can see stories like this. It's good to have reason to hope.

Thank you.

Pray 05-28-2014 12:51 AM

Gods blessings to you and your family�� I'm sure every birthday is filled with sheer joy��

Ceesun 05-28-2014 08:26 AM

Kim, Happy Healthy Birthday....BRAVO! Cathy

Ellie F 05-28-2014 01:32 PM

Happy birthday, sorry a little late but so pleased to hear your news! May it continue forever!

Love from England

Ellie

michka 05-29-2014 02:29 AM

Congrats Kim! this is good news. We love good news! Thank you for posting.
Michka

DizzyDo 05-29-2014 12:11 PM

Wow that is great, you give me so much hope! Thanks for posting!

FLfrost 05-29-2014 12:21 PM

I celebrate your fantastic news and thank you for sharing it is such an encouragement. Also a slightly belated Happy Birthday, I look forward to wishing you an on time birthday in 2015, hopefully by then I'll be finished primary treatment with my year of Herceptin maitenance. I am just in the middle of neoadjuvant treatment then surgery ? radiation ? reconstruction.