HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   NEDenise is NED!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52020)

NEDenise 11-02-2011 08:37 AM

NEDenise is NED!!

My Friends,
I saw my docs yesterday and...

Praise the Lord,
Who blesses me,
My path report says N-E-D!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iQv-TulkTU...praise_god.jpg

If a picture is worth a 1000 words...this picture is exactly what I'm feeling!

Oddly, it didn't hit me till I was half way home...then I started to weep. Not joy exactly...but gratitude, and relief. Joy came later when we told the kids. I will never, ever forget the looks on my boys' faces when I told them...or the spontaneous group hug that followed. God has been so good to me!

I keep thinking of the little song my Dad taught me when I was a kid:
I don't care if it rains or freezes,
I am safe in the arms of Jesus.
I am Jesus' little lamb.
He's with me wherever I am.

And I found this picture that I love...

http://www.lovechristnow.com/Jesus_186best.jpg

because Jesus is loving a little black sheep...not a perfect white lamb. The look on His face speaks volumes too. He certainly has been holding me close, giving me strength to fight the cancer beasties!

I have been trying to write this post since last night...because you have all been so instrumental in my staying positive, and keeping the faith. (an homage to Bonnie) But...every time I started typing, the tears started flowing anew. I think it's because I know you'll all understand how emotional this is...better than anyone else in my world.

I still have 30 rads ahead of me, and I know that I can recur at anytime. I may even join the beautiful and strong stage IV sisterhood one day...but right now, today, I am overcome with gratitude. I know my little NED poem probably sounds silly, and tongue in cheek...but I mean it with my whole heart and soul. Thank you to the God who is so good to me, all the time. (right Nancy!)

And, thanks to you, my wonderful HER2 friends!
With love,
NEDenise :)

Pam P 11-02-2011 08:55 AM

Re: NEDenise is NED!!

Congratulations! So happy for you

BonnieR 11-02-2011 09:27 AM

What a joyful message! Love the little Jesus poem. So trusting. That's how it is sometimes. We operate on blind faith.
I think understand how you felt in the car. Like you finally stopped holding your breath! Hang on to that feeling and use it to cherish every day with gratitude. We dont know what the future holds for us so live in the now. And keep the faith.

Pray 11-02-2011 09:34 AM

That's Right my Sister! God is good all the time!!! I couldn't be happier for you. I am so happy I have a wonderful women to share her happy news of ned and my 2 year at the same time.! Gods blessings to you and your wonderful family!

Your Friend,

Nancy

ElaineM 11-02-2011 09:35 AM

Thanks for sharing your happy news with us. I am so happy for you !! Keep up the good work. Good luck with the radiation.

chrisy 11-02-2011 09:38 AM

Great news, Denise!

Ceesun 11-02-2011 10:13 AM

Absolutely..........Praise the Lord. Ceesun

tricia keegan 11-02-2011 12:10 PM

I'm very happy for you Denise, congratulations!!

chekmark 11-02-2011 12:33 PM

Reading your absoultely fantastic news made me go back. My oncologist called with pathology reports after my surgery and I could not answer the phone. Those 3 little words that mean so much, NED. Praise God. I am so happy for you. It brought tears of joy to my eyes. Don't even think about recurrence, worry about that IF and When it happens and it is not going to. You have kicked cancer butt. I saw your happy cloud nine over my office all the way in Ohio today and it was joined by cloud 10 11 and 12. Celebrate. I am celebrating with you. Stay positive my dear friend. God Bless. Darlene

Ellie F 11-02-2011 01:55 PM

So pleased to hear this good news.
Ellie

Joan M 11-02-2011 02:59 PM

Congratulations!!

Joan

Becky 11-02-2011 04:32 PM

Denise

This message brings joy to my heart. I am so happy for you. This is a hopeful, happy post.

CoolBreeze 11-02-2011 05:09 PM

Wonderful wonderful news!

dawny 11-02-2011 06:54 PM

Fantastic news Denise! Well done, go and do that happy dance!

Dawn

ljbm 11-02-2011 06:57 PM

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you.

adelay 11-02-2011 07:12 PM

AMEN! Great news...enjoy!

KDR 11-02-2011 07:45 PM

I am so happy for you, Denise! You are an incredible woman and mother and a great new asset to our group. I love your post, and your poem. I'm going to memorize it, imprint it on my heart,
Love
Karen

LoisLane 11-02-2011 07:51 PM

Denise so happy for you. What a uplifting post. It made me smile so much reading it.
Lois

JennyB 11-02-2011 08:04 PM

Well done!

It sure is NED day today - I love it!!

Jenny x

candlegranny 11-02-2011 09:35 PM

congrqats!! i know how you feel. i am so happy for you