HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Progress Report from Ceesun! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65097)

Ceesun 07-10-2016 02:48 PM

Progress Report from Ceesun!

Hello to all, Just want to give you the update after my first three treatments of Xempra. Recent ct scan of chest showed marked improvement and good deal of shrinkage on right lung tumor. Left lung tumor is gone still from kadcyla two years ago. The chest nodes showed marked and mild improvement with right hilar node resolved. So on I go...my onc plans to add herceptin back in the mix soon. My hair is gone and I am back to a wig....first time since 2003 but I figure it is all part of the 13 year roller coaster ride. Not easy, but for me this has been like breast ca is a chronic disease. So I am 13 years....10 stage 4 and counting! Love, Cathy

thinkpositive 07-10-2016 03:11 PM

Re: Progress Report from Ceesun!

Cathy,
Thanks for the update. Sounds like your body is responding well to treatments. We are so lucky that treatments are available and that they work so well for many of us with Her2 bc. I cant even imagine where we would all be if it weren't for herceptin. It is no walk in the park dealing with this chronic disease but years ago it was unthinkable to be stage 4 for 10 years! Lets hope progress in Her2 treatments continue and that you continue to do well.

Take care,
Brenda

MaineRottweilers 07-10-2016 05:36 PM

Fantastic update, Cathy! I am so happy for you. TEN years, stage IV is just amazing. Live well.

Carol Ann 07-10-2016 06:14 PM

Hi Cathy!! Believe it or not I was thinking about you this morning and thinking it had been awhile since you had posted, I was wondering how you were doing, hoping to hear from you and that you were once again beating the beast back ... and you ARE, YAY!!

Wonderful news, so glad you are responding so well to your latest regimen!

Carol Ann

Pamelamary 07-11-2016 12:31 AM

So glad to hear you are responding well to this new treatment, and hope the side-effects are bearable.
Best wishes.... Pam

SoCalGal 07-11-2016 12:46 AM

You're a trooper. Love the calm, almost matter of fact acceptance of how it is. Oh how I wish it weren't so for all of us. That said, I'm thrilled that treatment is working and hopefully you'll be able to be back on herceptin only. You inspire me. I'm right behind you so please keep going!! Xxoo Flori

jra40 07-11-2016 07:18 AM

Wonderful news, keep up the fight - sounds like you are winning :)

PinkGirl 07-11-2016 08:45 AM

Thanks for the update Ceese ... sounds great!!!

DianaMK 07-11-2016 10:57 AM

Great news! Keep on keeping on.

tricia keegan 07-11-2016 12:33 PM

Wonderful news and that's the good news we all like to hear.:)

IrvineFriend 07-12-2016 12:46 AM

Hi Ceesun,

Such wonderful news in such a strong fight!

-Julie

Melissa 07-12-2016 01:35 PM

Cathy,

Yes, on you go girl! Herceptin is gearing up to
knock out the rest- fantastic news!

StephN 07-12-2016 05:32 PM

Just thinking what Melissa said - Herceptin is going to take care of the rest. Double whammy. So, thanks for that lovely and upbeat report! The 10-years-with-mets club is growing all the time!

Kkmom 07-13-2016 05:35 PM

Ceesum,
Such wonderful news on your progress. Congratulations and so thankful for your good health - Pam

suzan w 07-19-2016 07:07 PM

10 years at stage 4 is incredible!!!

Mtngrl 07-27-2016 01:18 PM

Cathy,

It's good to hear from you, especially with this great news.

We need to keep lighting the path for others. It's great to hear about classes of chemo and combinations of drugs that work for others. Just knowing that there are entire classes of treatment I haven't tried yet, and people like you who've been at it so long, helps me keep things in perspective.

It ain't over till it's over.

Love and hugs,

Bunty 07-28-2016 06:23 AM

You have a fabulous attitude Cathy!! Great to read your update, and that you are managing this 'chronic' disease. Keep on keeping on!!
Best wishes, Marie

Laurel 07-30-2016 06:47 AM

You are one tough cookie, Cathy! Praying all those pesky nodules are eradicated! You didn't mention any other side effects but the hair loss with the Xempra. How do you tolerate the stuff otherwise?

Lien 07-31-2016 07:53 AM

Excellent news! Hope you will be able to go back to just Vit H and have your hair grow back.