HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   something has taken a turn for the worse.... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60563)

debsing 03-20-2014 02:39 PM

something has taken a turn for the worse....

I went to get treatment today, and while I was there I told them that I was getting distended and could hardly breathe.. they sent me to get fluid drained and they took off FIVE litres from my abdomen.. now I'm just hanging in suspense waiting for the oncologist to call tomorrow and see what's wrong this time!

caya 03-20-2014 03:18 PM

Re: something has taken a turn for the worse....

Sending good vibes your way debsing, please keep up posted.

all the best
caya

debsing 03-20-2014 07:44 PM

Thank you caya :)

KDR 03-20-2014 08:21 PM

This is disturbing news, and I hope the doctors have an explanation for how/what made this happen. Keep us posted. I will be thinking of you. You didn't need this.

Karen

'lizbeth 03-20-2014 09:08 PM

Wow - that is a lot of fluid. I hope your doctors get this squared away real quick. There might be a drain in your future.

Cat 03-21-2014 09:27 AM

I had fluid drained from my abdomen and although it meant chemo was needed, I started abraxane and it resolved. Knock on wood it hasn't returned so not the end of the world maybe, just a different path to follow. Good luck and wishing you the strength to deal with the setbacks that are so frustrating. I know when I'm going for treatment or testing, my head has adjusted to what is to come and when that is changed especially last minute, for me, that is almost worse than the cancer. hang in there, prayers and hugs and wishing you an easy road to follow.
Let us know, Cathy

michka 03-22-2014 06:37 AM

I hope you are ok now and that the oncs are taking good care of you. Sending hugs and watching for your next post. Michka

debsing 03-22-2014 08:41 AM

Well the fluid came back without cancer cells, unlike the first time.. now what

Cat 03-22-2014 12:19 PM

I'm so glad they didn't find cancer cells!!! I don't know what that means but maybe back to the original plan? I hope it's something simple. You deserve a break!!!
Cathy

KDR 03-22-2014 01:20 PM

I met up with my friend at the clinic yesterday and she described exactly what you have...it was, believe it or note, dehydration!

Karen

tricia keegan 03-23-2014 02:50 PM

So glad there was no cancer Deb.

Adriana Mangus 03-23-2014 03:29 PM

Hi Deb,

So glad to hear this issue has resolved.

Please keep us posted.

Adriana