HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   gamma knife scheduled in a week (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60550)

debsing 03-19-2014 02:48 PM

gamma knife scheduled in a week

As disappointing as it is that I'm going to be in the percentage of those who have brain mets, I'm starting to feel better after scheduling treatment with the gamma knife to zap these two tumors in a week.. now let's just hope they don't keep popping up every time I turn around!

KDR 03-19-2014 06:26 PM

Re: gamma knife scheduled in a week

Go, Debsing,
You've got great spirit and the gamma knife will wash you clean, I have no doubt.
Yours,
Karen

Pamelamary 03-19-2014 11:59 PM

Good luck with the zapping! Don't worry about turning around - we've got your back.
Best wishes.... Pam

debsing 03-20-2014 11:10 AM

We're fortunate to have one another!

Pray 03-20-2014 10:22 PM

I'll be hoping and praying for you all goes well. Gods blessings to you and your family. His peace my friend.

Bunty 03-20-2014 10:30 PM

I'm very happy that you've been able to get the knife so quickly - you will be free of those pets real soon. Wishing you well Deb.
Marie

JillaryJill 03-21-2014 05:53 AM

Wishing you great results. It's encourgaging to see so many on the board with brain mets that got zapped into oblivion!!!

Adriana Mangus 03-21-2014 07:19 PM

Hi Deb,

I had gamma knife and was successful - so far, my onc believes is more important how the internal organas are doing since people with brain mets can live a long life.

Hang in there,

Adriana

Jackie07 03-22-2014 05:18 AM

Be prepared for the fatigue afterwards. I was feeling tired for quite a while after getting three 'shots' of GKRS for a rare type of brain tumor 13 years ago.

debsing 03-27-2014 05:41 PM

Well I had the gamma knife to three spots in the brain and the MRI they did right before showed five more spots too small to treat.. I'm feeling less and less like I'll be here much longer..

Pamelamary 03-27-2014 06:24 PM

Deb, sorry to hear that, but remember there are other options, including whole brain radiation. I hope you recover from this latest procedure very quickly, and soon move on to a new plan. We want you here for a very long time!
Best wishes.....Pam

Adriana Mangus 03-30-2014 10:59 AM

Deb, don't say such a thing!

Just like Pam said you still have the option
of WBR, it's important for you to keep healthy
that includes mentally not just physically.

Take care,

Adriana