HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Good news!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47612)

micheleu 11-15-2010 08:01 PM

Good news!!

Chest CT came back probable benign nodule! They recommend a repeat scan in 3 months. I hate Cancer! IT just creeps into your life time and time again!! I guess I have to get used to the fact I'm ALWAYS going to go through things like this the rest of my life!!

chrisy 11-15-2010 08:10 PM

Re: Good news!!

glad to hear it, michele. Yeah, that snotty little cancer just likes to sneak up on you and say "BOO" - you just have to turn around and smack it.

Unregistered 11-15-2010 08:23 PM

This is what I am having a hard time accepting. Having just been diagnosed last week as I read and understand that this will always be with me it just makes me so angry.

Patty F 11-15-2010 09:13 PM

Michele....Thank God. I hope it is nothing. And is does suck that cancer just keeps rearing it's ugly head all the time. Would love to have a period when you can totally forget about cancer.

Debbie L. 11-15-2010 09:21 PM

Yay, Michelle. I've been watching for your report and am glad to hear that it's good news.

Unregistered, you are very early in this journey. Yes, you're right. The idea of the uncertainty that we now live with is hard to accept. For most of us, it's the first serious health-related thing we've had to deal with.

But the dealing with the uncertainty, the threat -- it's a process. It will be different for each of us, and different each day for any one of us. I wish that none of us ever had to contend with it, but everyone eventually has to deal with some hard things. This is just one of the hard things that has come to our lives.

All I can offer is that it's okay to hate it, to resist it, to get riled and vent about it. Here on this list, so many of us will understand and accept what you say.

But we also might point out that for us, the realization of the uncertainty of everything in life has also affected our outlook in good ways. There is nothing like the urgency that the realization that we might die gives to us - to our every moment.

So to you, unregistered, I would say do not hesitate to vent when it's getting you down. But at the same time, keep an open mind to the upsides that may open for you as you explore. We don't have to label the experience, overall, as good or bad. We can just take each piece of it individually, trying to be honest and open -- that's a safe and nurturing way to proceed.

Debbie Laxague

sassy 11-15-2010 09:54 PM

Fantastic news Michelle! Glad all is well.

bejuce 11-15-2010 10:15 PM

Woohoo!!! This made my day!!!

StephN 11-15-2010 10:32 PM

VERY glad to hear this result!
My hubby had lung nodules and they were watched. Went away after a couple of years. I was quite nervous about that.
Hope your spots will decide you are too tough and will leave you alone!

{{{big hug}}}

michka 11-16-2010 03:02 AM

This is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD news Michele!
Michka

Unregistered 11-16-2010 03:49 AM

Great news................:-) :-) :-)

RhondaH 11-16-2010 05:01 AM

Congratulations sweetie!!!! Deep exhale;)

whatz 11-16-2010 05:25 AM

Halleluja :-). Great news. Made my day :-)

Lori R 11-16-2010 05:28 AM

Michele,
I am sooooo happy for you!!!

Now you can breath easier (what a horrible pun).

YEA!!!!

lisajones4 11-16-2010 05:49 AM

YEA!!! Great news! I have been following your story since I was diagnosed in 2005 and you have been such an inspiration!
Lisa

Jaimieh 11-16-2010 07:04 AM

Sorry that you have to go back in 3 months but it yahooo for b-9 nodule.

Mary L 11-16-2010 07:04 AM

So glad you got a good report. Mary L

ammebarb 11-16-2010 07:17 AM

That is wonderful news, Michele! Enjoy the relief and do something to celebrate.

Barb A.

Joanna J 11-16-2010 07:26 AM

Michele,I am so HAPPY for you.I read all your posts,and I have been praying for you,(Sorry that any of us have to be here) But, I know we can rely on all that are here to help us get thru this,Thank you God,for our great friends here,Joanna J

KitCat 11-16-2010 08:57 AM

Oh Michele I am so happy for you! Yay!! xox

Emelie B 11-16-2010 09:31 AM

Yeah! So glad to hear the great news.