HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Flori? SoCalGal? Any news? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58409)

NEDenise 06-20-2013 05:46 AM

Flori? SoCalGal? Any news?

Anyone heard from Flori lately?
I PMed her a few weeks ago but I didn't hear back.

Flori...if you're reading this...I'm thinking of you, and would love an update. :)
Denise

KsGal 06-20-2013 09:28 AM

Re: Flori? SoCalGal? Any news?

Same here...Sending lots of love and prayers and positive energy your way, Flori. Please update us when you can. Big hugs.

BonnieR 06-20-2013 10:17 PM

Add me to the list of curious minds..
Keep the faith everyone

Jackie07 06-21-2013 02:29 AM

The Members List shows that she last logged on yesterday. Maybe she's taking a 'silence vow'?

Andrea Barnett Budin 06-21-2013 01:35 PM

I've been e-ing her for over a month...

Sometimes she needs some alone time. I understand. Just adding my LOVE here for my Flori, Flori, Morning Glory.

Let's not take it personally.

But, we'd all be delighted to know. Please send details, sweet Sister...

OXOXO, ANDI

Laurel 06-21-2013 06:54 PM

Flori,

I am praying you are busy, busy, busy, too busy to be logging on to Her2Support. Love you, kiddo. Be well.

ElaineM 06-22-2013 11:53 AM

I hope she is enjoying her time alone. I need that sometimes, so I understand. Hopefully she will log on when she is ready to chat with us. Meanwhile I hope she is healthy and doing well.

SoCalGal 06-23-2013 12:27 AM

Hi loveliest people and thank you for reaching out to me. I miss you all and am sorry for not responding sooner.

With all the losses here and a very ill friend from NYC, I've lost my wherewithal and am still working to get it back...having cancer sucks. I should have said, as you all very well know, having cancer sucks. I am so sick of fighting it, thinking about it, working so hard to find the next step. It's exhausting. I don't want it anymore.

I am fortunate that I feel fine most days and lead a pretty normal life except for poop management, fatigue and poop management. And of course, I am struggling with depression.

Trying to figure out some life issues not cancer ish - work, house, art program, and a biggie-- just ended my relationship of 2+ years and that is the heaviest weight of all for me and Rocky.

Really, "all things considered" I should be counting more blessings than I'm counting. Finally repeated the pet ct. Some areas stable, some improved and some worse. So WTF's a girl to do? My onc says stay the course for now. Save mad ya (auto correct for kadcyla) for later. I asked about rad zap to the L1 worsening lesion. Onc said, sure good idea - let me talk to rad zap expert. Haven't heard back from onc. Will see her on the 27th. The sqeaky patient gets the grease. I don't feel like chasing it down - doesn't really matter if I get rads now or in 6 weeks or not at all and maybe less exposure is better. If I could try lad yea (auto correct again) and go back to my current regime I would but no guarantees that I could go back to this so am reluctant to switch too soon. Will see what onc says in face to face meet on 27 th. phew...anyhow--I'm sorry for not answering sooner. I do love you all and appreciate your care. flori

NEDenise 06-23-2013 04:32 AM

Flori,
Thanks for checking in! Cancer sucks...but depression sucks too!
I don't know how I'd deal with all this without my daily Zoloft...and the occasional
Ativan.

Auto-correct's attempts at Kadcyla are funny! Before President Obama was elected, my oldest son had to write a biographical essay on Senator Obama. Auto-correct kept changing Barack Obama to "a rock on grandma". It made for a very funny essay!
Praying and sending good Karma your way! Remember to breathe...and that there are people here who love you! Lean on us when you need to.
Denise

ElaineM 06-26-2013 04:36 PM

Hang in there Flori. Better times are ahead. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep going no matter what. Take good care of yourself. Get lots of rest if you need it. Do something special for yourself.