HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Vickie H is an angel now (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47069)

Sheila 10-05-2010 10:51 AM

Vickie H is an angel now

This is from the post, anyone heard from Vickie H and Leslie posted this news today...she fought a hard battle with grace....yet another Her2 Angel taken too soon.
My sympathy to her husband Cap and her family

Hi Everyone,
Words can't express how sorry I am to have to report that our dear, sweet Vickie passed on October 1st, 2010. Here is the email I got from one of her family members:

"...we wanted to get the information out regarding the passing of our wonderful mom, wife, sister, grandmother, friend...and we are sending this announcement out to everyone in Vickie's email contacts.

Vickie Hodson passed away after a long battle with cancer on Friday, October 1. It is difficult to express how much this wonderful person has affected so many lives. A memorial service is scheduled for 1pm at the Community Church in Atascadero, California, with a celebration of her life to follow at Montana de Oro (Spooner Cove). Please respond to this email if you'd like more information about the service or if you'd like to contact the family...or, if you'd just like more information in general about life (we'll Google it for you).

Our blessings to you and your families... "
If you would like to pass along your condolences to Cap and her family the email is vickiehodson@yahoo.com
Hi Everyone,
Words can't express how sorry I am to have to report that our dear, sweet Vickie passed on October 1st, 2010. Here is the email I got from one of her family members:

ElaineM 10-05-2010 10:56 AM

Re: Vickie H is an angel now

Thanks Sheila,
I just sent an e-mail to Vickie's family expressing my sympathy. It is sad news, but we will continue to fight breast cancer for ourselves and in her memory.

StephN 10-05-2010 10:59 AM

So sad to know that we have another angel above instead of here on earth. Vickie truly was a giving woman who cared about others before herself.

Some people live by helping others and their joy is derived from seeing a smile on the face of someone less fortunate.

Deepest condolances to Cap and the family.

Ellie F 10-05-2010 11:30 AM

RIP Vickie you will be sadly missed. When I joined the board Vickie reached out to me and made me believe there would be a cure for this terrible disease.Sadly any cure will be too late for Vickie but she had such grace she will be looking down on us all and willing God and science to heal us all.

Love to Cap and her family

Ellie

mmoons 10-05-2010 12:07 PM

Me too, Ellie. Vickie was so kind to me when I first came here. This news is like a kick in the gut, even though I knew how ill she was. I am so sad.

michka 10-05-2010 12:23 PM

I hate this sickness for taking beautiful people like Vickie away. This is so depressing. My thoughts go to her Family. Michka

Mary Anne in TX 10-05-2010 12:36 PM

Could not have been a more precious person on earth. What a horrible lose. ma

caya 10-05-2010 01:03 PM

My sympathies to the family. Another Her 2 angel, taken too soon.

all the best
caya

Chelee 10-05-2010 03:05 PM

I knew we would be losing our dearest Vickie since she stayed in touch with me when she was up to it. Even though I knew this was coming...and expected this any day it just pains me beyond belief. I am a mess today, I can't get the tears to stop...what a truly painful loss this is for me and all of us. Vickie always reached out to anyone that needed help. She was such a geninue, compassionate, loving, caring person. If she thought she could help in any way she was there for you. Vickie was always so positive and uplifting...always offering hope to all. She was truly a beautiful person inside and out. I just can't express how much I will miss her. I will carry Vickie in my heart forever. I feel so blessed to have known her...but so sad she was taken from us so soon.

To Cap & her family my heart felt condolences to all of you. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers in the difficult days ahead.

My Sincere Sympathy,

Chelee

CourtneyL 10-05-2010 03:13 PM

Fly with the angels, sweet Vickie. You will be missed by so many.

Faith in Him 10-05-2010 03:43 PM

I am so sad you had to leave Vickie but I know you are with God now. Thank you for touching my life.

Tonya

tricia keegan 10-05-2010 04:13 PM

I'm so sad to read this news but will e mail Vickie's familuy tomorrow:(

Tragic, we lost another!!!!

lexigirl 10-05-2010 04:16 PM

So very sad to read that Vickie has been taken away by this terrible disease. Such a wonderful kind lady taken to soon by this disease.

Yorkiegirl 10-05-2010 04:40 PM

I'm so very, very sad to read of the passing of dear sweet Vickie.
My thoughts and prayers go out to cap and her family during this most difficult time.
Fly free Vickie.

Laurel 10-05-2010 05:55 PM

We can only hope to emulate her courage and grace under fire. Dance at the Lord's feet, dear Vicki.

Unregistered 10-05-2010 06:32 PM

I learned of what a wonderful special and caring person Vicky was, from the Study personell, when we both were under T-DM1 treatment at KOOTENAY CANCER CENTER in Idaho. She had made some clear improvements to her skin mets at the beginning, with T-DM1, but unfortunately it did not last. It is my understanding that because of it she was put on Pertuzumab, but she had to quit it also, and that she never recovered after that. My heart hurts today for the loss of this beautifull person that is now gone. Elisa

flynny 10-05-2010 06:34 PM

When I saw this post, my body immediately felt sadness and once again shock. So many wonderful women and men going through this terrible disease and I hope we can soon find a cure. We have so many researchers working day in and day out. I pray they find something soon.

Peace to Vicki's family and I continue to pray for us all.

v-ness 10-06-2010 11:56 AM

i never had the pleasure of knowing vickie, but i read some of her posts because so many people spoke so highly of her. i found her words to be so inspiring, i never forgot some of them. i am sorry for everyone's loss. she seemed to be an angel long before october 1 to the people who knew her.

here are her words that moved me so tremendously: "Survival is all about numbly going through the motions and just getting by. Living is being aware of every emotional sting and scrape, as well as the joy and delight that happens on a daily basis. Living is a messy process with plenty of laughter to accompany it.
Survival was my past. Living is my now."

valerie

Barbara H. 10-06-2010 02:19 PM

I too am sadden to hear this news. I loved reading Vicki's posts. She was so inspirational, and I will always remember her.
Barbara H.

Lien 10-06-2010 02:57 PM

Such sad news. She was lovely.

Jacqueline