HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Starting new regimen Thursday (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29854)

Lolly 09-04-2007 02:22 PM

Starting new regimen Thursday

Tykerb/Abraxane have run their course for me; my skin nodules continue to grow in the right chest wall and so my onc had me stop Tykerb/Abraxane last week. This Thursday I'll start back on weekly Herceptin, along with Taxotere which I've not had, and daily Xeloda which I have had but the dose is being upped to 1,000 mg twice daily.

My axilla nodes shrank on T/A, and I have a scan tomorrow to check those and make sure there's no spread elsewhere. Will let you know how I do.

I haven't been posting as much lately, as I just don't seem to have much energy, and that has me a bit worried, so I hope this new regimen will turn the tide for me.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

<3 Lolly

sally 09-04-2007 02:41 PM

Hi Lolly, I'm sorry to hear that you are having progession. You have always been a big inspiration to me since the get go. I know you will give it your best and come out strong. Try to remember to keep smiling and stay positive. Taxotere worked great for me three years ago. I also got about 3 years on Herceptin. I recently had my first reoccurence. I had to stop Herceptin and got on Tykerb/ Xeloda. When I see all you have been through in your signature it gives me hope that I still have a long way to go before options run out. Make sure you keep us posted on how you are doing. Good luck with the Taxotere. Sally

tousled1 09-04-2007 03:25 PM

Lolly,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having progression in the skin nodules. I know what you mean about not having any energy as that's my main problem now. I had Taxatore neoadjunctly and it shrank my tumor from over 5cm to almost nothing. I'm hoping that it will do the trick for you. You'll be in my prayers.

Mary Jo 09-04-2007 03:27 PM

Sending hugs to you Lolly and also prayers that your new regimen will do what needs to be done.

Dang this cancer. Why does it have to be so nasty? Why can't it react to treatment the way we want it too? Why does it have to be so sneaky and cause such havoc to our lives? I'm sorry.........I'm "thinking" out loud and needed to say it.

Once again, sending hugs, love and prayers to you Lolly.

Mary Jo

IRENE FROM TAMPA 09-04-2007 03:49 PM

Dang It Is Right..

Except I would not mind using a stronger word

just when we start getting "a wee bit comfortable" with where we are...
boom, here we go again. I can certainly relate and I am so sorry but Lolly you will rally once again. You just stay strong my friend

I wish you the best on your next regimen and let us know how your test turn out and how you are doing please.

dorinda 09-04-2007 03:55 PM

will keep you in my prayers. may GOD give you strength and courage during this time . with that shining smile of yours i know your days will be filled with sunshine and GOD blessings dorinda

Becky 09-04-2007 05:26 PM

I will keep you in my thoughts Lolly. I hope Taxotere thrashes the cancer totally away and allows you a much deserved chemo break.

caya 09-04-2007 05:27 PM

Hi Lolly,

Sorry to hear about your progression, but Taxotere is an awesome drug - hoping it beats those nasty cancer nodes down to nothing.

all the best,
caya

lexigirl 09-04-2007 05:39 PM

Hi Lolly,

I am sorry that those nasty skin nodules aren't going away. I am hopeful that the taxotere added to your new regime will be just what is needed to blast those suckers into orbit. You are in my prayers now for comfort, strength and peace as you begin your new tx combo.

Love and Prayers,
Lexi

kareneg 09-04-2007 05:42 PM

I am sos orry you have to go through this, and you are in my thoughts and prayers that this new treatment kick butt!

Barbara2 09-04-2007 05:59 PM

Oh my, I am sorry...we'll have you in our prayers... hoping the new meds will bring you to NED.

anne2 09-04-2007 06:01 PM

Wish you the best with the new combo. It's good to hear from you.
Hugs,
Anne

sassy 09-04-2007 06:33 PM

Lolly,

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that Taxotere will do the job.
________
DEMIDA cam

Faith in Him 09-04-2007 06:56 PM

Lolly,

Wishing you renewed strength as you start new treatment. Sending positive, healing toughts and prayers.

Carolyns 09-04-2007 07:33 PM

Lolly,

Thinking of you and sending extra prayers.

Love, Hope, and Peace,

Carolyn

Julie2 09-04-2007 08:07 PM

Lolly,

You are in my thoughts. Sending all the positive energy for the new regimen to wipe out the remaining mets.

Julie

chrisy 09-04-2007 09:21 PM

Well, I'll use a stronger word. POO.
Sorry to hear this one didn't completely slap it down - but you know that Taxotere/Herceptin is very synergistic and adding Xeloda to that I hope will get everything back in control quickly.
Take care of yourself, get plenty of rest.

On taxotere, don't forget about the frozen peas for your fingers and toes during the infusion!

Take care, keep us posted.
Much love
Chris

Catherine 09-04-2007 09:23 PM

Lolly,

Where are these bad monkeys coming from? I hope the Taxotere works well for you. I know you have a good doctor and that you are a determined survivor. I am just sorry that these nodules (noodles?) have not gone away yet. You will be in my thoughts and prayers on Thursday.

Hang in there, save your energy and keep the faith. You are an inspiration to all of us and we are behind you 100%.

All the best, Catherine
(oregon girls united against the bad monkeys)

Patricia 09-04-2007 11:22 PM

Hi Lolly,

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with those nodules and the T/A stopped working. You are a survivor and will beat this beast (or bad monkeys :-)) away. Hang in there and hopefully your energy will return with this new combo. Good luck with your treatment Thursday. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Patricia

sherri 09-04-2007 11:44 PM

Dear Lolly,

You are in my thoughts and I wish the best for you my dear.

big hug,