HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pam checking in (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51377)

Pam P 09-16-2011 03:29 PM

Pam checking in

I'm worried about Chelee and Tricia too - hope some one has a contact #.
I go up & down with posting depending on my energy but I do check in on the board to see how everyone is doing.

Me - I have 3 more rad txs to go. I felt so bad this week that I asked to have Thur/Fri off and they agreed. So I go 3 days next week. I've had 3 tx abraxane so far. I think the rad are getting to me more than chemo. I'm so fatigued. And I have huge gi issues. The rad hits most of my abdomen (even though it's for the spine.) Can't eat - food tastes terrible, some nausea,not much desire to eat, much diarrhea - uncontrollable with no warning. Hard to leave home. I've gotten to taking a bag of extra clothes with me just in case, and I've had to use it twice. I've gotten more advice on how to handle this, what to eat/not eat. Med to take/not take from onc. rad. doc. nurses. None help. I've lost more weight & look like a skeleton - really. Onc is concerned & wants to see me every 2 weeks for now. Hopefully after rad is done my gut will recover & I can eat & keep food down & regain some pounds. My onc. prescribed megace because it increases appetite maybe that will help with weight too. I will start it after last rad. Too early to know if abraxane is helping.

I'm discouraged reading the threads saying ... new wonder drug almost here... I'm paraphrasing. Then come to find out it's hardly been tested, or years away from human access etc. Where are the REAL new drugs that we might access while we still can? Just have to get that off my chest.

Pam

Jackie07 09-16-2011 04:06 PM

Re: Pam checking in

Pam,

I hear you...

Laurel 09-16-2011 04:49 PM

Too much is too slow. I agree. I wish I had something wise to say, but I don't. I can only send you a big cyber hug and pray things take a 180 turn for you, especially with your G.I. difficulties. I am so sorry you are suffering.

mmoons 09-16-2011 08:00 PM

Pam-

My heart breaks for all that you are going through. I wish words could heal because I know we would all write you volumes and volumes and volumes of pages.

You are in my prayers daily.

Maureen

Pray 09-16-2011 10:02 PM

Gods blessings to you Pam. I too am sorry you have to go through all of this stuff! Please know we are praying for you. Something just has to come up Soon!

Ellie F 09-17-2011 04:07 AM

Hi Pam
Thinking of you. Totally agree with the delay in developing new treatments. It's so frustrating to have to wait when the need is so great.
Sending hugs across the pond.
Ellie

Becky 09-17-2011 04:20 AM

Dear Pam

You are such a courageous woman. Please try to eat healing foods such as yogurt which may help with the GI issues. I am sure they gave you lists of foods that are binding like bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. 3 more days of rads and then healing time!

I am thinking healing thoughts for you.

caya 09-17-2011 07:16 AM

Pam,

You are one tough Warrior Woman. I am sorry you are having such awful GI issues, hopefully everything will turn around for you soon.

Sending big cyberhugs from Canada.

all the best
caya

Mary Anne in TX 09-17-2011 08:15 AM

Good Morning, Pam! Of all problems to be dealing with now! I hope the "good food stuff" gets rids of the GI probs. quickly. I surely do pray for you and believe for a fast healing and tons of peace. ma

ElaineM 09-17-2011 08:34 AM

I hear you too Pam. People need the promising new treatments now, not years from now !!!!!!!!!
I do have something along those lines to report. I have "chats" with the senior oncologist where I go from time to time. I enjoy these "chats", because I learn so much and he likes to talk about all the new things coming our way. He is up on all the latest drugs and is actively bringing clinical trials to Hawaii. In any case a few months ago he thought T DM1 would not be approved until the end of 2012 or after that. During our most recent "chat" he said he thinks it will be approved before then, perhaps the end of this year or the beginning of 2012. He also said that he thinks Petuzamab is more effective than Herceptin and that will be approved in the not too distant future. Let's all keep our fingers crossed and hope that he is right.
I wish I could be there to help you. Let's keep our fingers crossed that you will finish radiation soon and can get back to enjoying food without GI issues again.
You definitely deserve a break Pam !!!!!!!!!! In the meantime I am sending you some good old Hawaiian sunshine energy cyber style to help you.
I don't know who has members phone numbers. Joe used to keep track of those things, but I don't know who is doing it since he went to heaven to fly with the angels. If we can get phone numbers or even full last names it would be easy to search for Chelee or Tricia K through the internet. I think Chelee is in California and Tricia K is in either Utah or Idaho. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and hope that they are okay.
Please take good care of yourself. Hang in there Pam. I know it is not easy, but keep putting one foot in front of the other. I admire you for your strength.
I for one am thinking of you and wish you all the best.

Unregistered 09-17-2011 09:45 AM

I would be very careful about following advice to eat yoghurt. If you haven't already read it, please read Professor Jane Plant's Your Life in Your Hands. She tells readers to ELIMINATE all forms of dairy from their diets - and provides the evidence as to why this can make a difference to breast cancer patients. There are so many intelligent women on this site. Please read the overwhelming evidence against diary and put it into action. It could make the difference.

Unregistered 09-17-2011 09:47 AM

... and by the way, I'm just your average triple positiver, who has sifted through the evidence and feels that there's something in this non-diary argument.

Ruth 09-17-2011 10:16 AM

Pam ~
Thinking about you and hating that you are having these GI issues. I hope that you start to feel better soon.
Hugs ~ Ruth

Sheila 09-17-2011 06:10 PM

Pam
Thinking of you and hoping you can regain your strength and stamina after the last 3 rads....you are always in my prayers....hoping each day gets easier and you feel stronger. Sending a big and gentle head.

Mary Jo 09-17-2011 06:37 PM

Dear Sweet Pam,

I ditto what Maureen said (not to mention the rest of the sisters here). If words could heal, yes, we would write you volumes and volumes and volumes. You are a true warrior who has gone through so much, yet, always encouraging and being their for everyone else also.

Pam, I ask God to give you strength as you fight this fight. I pray your GI issues disappear soon and eating and weight gain are coming soon.

Love you sweet sister,

Mary Jo

Elizabethtx 09-17-2011 08:03 PM

Pam,
I just said a prayer for you after reading your post. Prayers for strength and the ability to eat! You are a strong and courageous woman and give us all hope for the strength to fight the good fight! Hang in there, after next week all will be uphill.
Elizabeth

Catherine 09-17-2011 09:40 PM

Dear Pam,

Food glorious food, wasn't that from Annie? I hope and pray that you find some food that will sooth your tummie. You are being very brave and persistent. I am glad you took a couple of "days off." Thinking of you and sending you all the support I can over this website.

Hugs to you tonight and tomorrow and the next day!

jml 09-18-2011 04:24 PM

So glad to see you here, Pam.
I think of you and pray for you daily, for comfort, for rest, for healing.
Thank God only 3 rads left, then it's turbo healing time for you.
Know that we are all here, lifting you up, supporting you & offering you a safe place to fall, if you need it.
Keep swinging those arms Pam, R& R is just around the corner.

Never give up Hope.
Always keep the Faith~

Jessica

schoolteacher 09-19-2011 07:19 AM

Thinking of you, Pam.
Amelia

PinkGirl 09-19-2011 07:49 AM

Hi Pam ... I was wondering ... if you don't like the taste of those
Boost/Ensure things ... when my mom couldn't/wouldn't eat I bought
some Carnation Instant Breakfast and mixed it in whole milk. It tastes