HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   MM302 Anyone watching this trial? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64031)

SoCalGal 11-01-2015 10:29 PM

MM302 Anyone watching this trial?

A friend just mentioned this clinical trial, MM302 by Merrimack, similar to TDM1 but with an anthracycline. Just thinking that it may wind up with less side effects than TDM1. That said, to qualify you still have to have TDM1 first and no history of anthracycline. Nice to know there is something else promising in the pipeline, and already phase2 clinical trial. Okay, not the most articulate post by me, but the whole time change, I'm not sure if I'm coming or going...

Here's some cut & paste:
MM-302 is a novel antibody-drug conjugated liposomal doxorubicin that specifically targets cancer cells overexpressing the HER2 receptor. As a liposomal encapsulation of doxorubicin, MM-302 is designed to allow for the selective uptake of drug into tumor cells while limiting exposure to healthy tissues, such as those of the heart.

Unlike other HER2-targeted agents, MM-302 is not designed to inhibit HER2 signaling pathways and relies on HER2 as a means to identify and gain access to the cancer cells. Once inside the cancer cell, the liposome breaks down and releases doxorubicin inside the cell, promoting cell death.

MM-302 is being evaluated in the phase 2 HERMIONE study in patients with advanced metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer who have received prior treatment with trastuzumab in any setting and who have either progressed or are intolerant to both pertuzumab and ado-trastuzumab emtansine in the metastatic or locally advanced setting. Patients must not have been previously treated with an anthracycline in any setting.

MM-302 is also being investigated in an ongoing phase 1 study.

Jackie07 11-02-2015 12:47 AM

Re: MM302 Anyone watching this trial?

One of the Her2 members mentioned about her participation in the trial a while back. .http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...471#post305471

yanyan 11-02-2015 11:57 AM

My secondary oncologist wanted me to enroll in the trial when I had only skin mets in May. However I was not ready because I was heading off for radiation so I couldn't accommodate the wash out period.

The doctor did go over the study with me. At UCLA It's led by Dr Huvitz ( water dreamer Fern's primary oncologist ). There was no mentioning of hair loss which I was happy about. He also mentioned the dosage of adryiamycin is not significant enough to cause severe heart damage even if combined with herceptin- that is if you get randomized in that group. I think they can also pair with other chemo medicine at physicians choice.

The website Jackie posted above has a good amount of info. I'm thinking maybe my primary onco can give me the same medicine since it has some dosage info.

Dakini52 11-02-2015 09:22 PM

I am in the Seattle area and during my treatment and appt with my on last week he mentioned that beyond TDM1, there are 4 other trials that are going on. Apparently Swedish Hospital is having trouble finding people to participate in the trials. The oncology group that I am a part of has no one who has even gone so far as to be on TDM1. We are all still maintaining on Herceptin. I guess that makes us some of the more fortunate ones, however, I wonder about these trials and the people out there who could be benefiting from them. I should have asked more about the trials and will do so the next time I see Dr Lee. For those of you in the area, please be aware that if you are struggling with your current treatment, there are more options out there for you possibly.

yanyan 11-02-2015 11:53 PM

Hi Flori ! Also ask your doctor about keytruda and opdivo - the 2 PD-1 immune therapy drug. My friend's UCLA Doctor recommended this for her heavily treated ovarian cancer. Although FDA only approved the drug for melanoma and lung cancer, the Medicine has had some really promising results and some doctors are prescribing it to treat other types of cancer. Her medicine is paid by her insurance company Kaiser. I don't think she pays for the medicine.best wishes!!