HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Dizzy spells (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26229)

angusk 12-07-2006 02:44 PM

Dizzy spells

Hi, my wife has been having a lot of dizzy spells over the last 4 weeks they don't last long but there is a lot of them (every day), she was diagnosed in April last year and finished herceptin in October, Has anyone else experienced this?

RhondaH 12-07-2006 02:58 PM

I'm CURRENTLY experiencing them

, but I believe mine are sinus related (facial pressure, eye pressure) and my onc just gave me an rx Z pack to try (I finished Herceptin in Aug) and had hoped it would go away, but...NOT. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Heart Sutra 12-07-2006 03:29 PM

don't know where you're located, but here in southern New York there's been a strange bug around that gives dizzy spells for a while before it finally culminates in muscle pain and more traditional bad flu symptoms. I had it for what felt like forever.

Hope it's something as simple as that.

tousled1 12-07-2006 04:11 PM

angusk,

As with anything else when you have cancer, if you have symptoms that last 2 weeks it is time to call the oncologist. I don't mean to alarm you - but better safe than sorry is my theory.

tricia keegan 12-07-2006 04:21 PM

HI I had some a while back and thought it was Arimidex or something else I was taking but it was actually high blood pressure all along and they cleared up soon as I began taking some meds for it.

I would definatly have it checked out.
Tricia

angusk 12-08-2006 05:10 AM

Thanks for your help everyone - (we are based over here in the uk just outside of London) - I am going to persuade Tracey to call the oncolgist today - it is sometimes the fear of not knowing the outcome good or bad that makes her nervous - It seems crazy that a 40 year old should have to be worrying this close to Christmas a side of the illness that only people going through can relate to. Thanks again

Heart Sutra 12-08-2006 07:46 AM

Yes, indeed.

The fear of not knowing has been worse than anything else to do with this disease so far. Some days are better than others. Talking helps most. We hope you have more of the good ones ahead.

---Kevin and Sue---

rinaina 12-08-2006 09:21 AM

just wanted you to know angusk that I am praying all will be okay and that there is a simple explanation to this dizziness that you are experiencing and that it has nothing to do with the cancer. good luck.

Sherryg683 12-08-2006 11:19 AM

Ask for a brain MRI, that way you can get that concern cleared up and not worry about it. It's probably sinus, Herceptin was doing that to me a lot. I did have a couple of mri's though to make sure..sherryg683