HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Herceptin / Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Pneumonia....really? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65273)

sourdoughnative 09-11-2016 09:03 AM

Pneumonia....really?

Recently experienced symptoms of a cold, which has descended into full blown pneumonia I'm thinking.
Coughing up yucky green sputum. No fever, major fatigue.
Hesistant to go to the ER for some reason.
Been on Herceptin infusions 3x weekly for 2.5 years now.

Carol Ann 09-11-2016 11:02 AM

Re: Pneumonia....really?

Oh I am so sorry! Please, go to the ER!! Pneumonia is nothing to mess with, even without breast cancer!! And you don't need a fever to have it, my 82 year old mom is just recovered from it, and she never ran a temp.

Carol Ann

sourdoughnative 09-11-2016 11:11 AM

Thanks!
My DH brought me here. So I'm waiting 2hrs to be seen. I spend so much time in hospitals it's crazy that I'd try and avoid them,right?!
I'm glad your momma is on the mend-nothing to mess with for sure at her age.

Carol Ann 09-11-2016 12:05 PM

It isn't crazy at all ... you already spend so much time there, who needs to have to go for something ELSE on top of everything you are already dealing with?!

UGH 2 hours to wait. :(

Updates, please when you can!

Carol Ann

Paula O 09-11-2016 04:22 PM

I hope you feel much better soon. Bummer on the long ER wait but am glad you are getting the help you need.

Paula

MaineRottweilers 09-11-2016 05:48 PM

Two hour wait to be seen? My, my. I hope it goes by quickly and they have you treated and on your way to feeling much better. Pneumonia is the pits.

Jedrik 09-15-2016 10:26 PM

You are hesitant to go because they make you wait. It's like everything you might want from them is unimportant or even a drag for them - and you with it. Nobody cares for that feeling. That said: I hope you are on the mend.

Mtngrl 09-16-2016 06:30 PM

I was in the ER with pneumonia last June. Lucky for me a friend who is an RN went with me. I think my total wait was 3 or 4 hours. Margaret kept feeding me and bringing me water and entertaining me. I was getting sicker by the minute. I told Margaret I'd like to lie down, and she had the ER people move me to a side area with a cot.

They have to do triage in ERs. But it was the right place to be. Once they diagnosed it with a chest X-ray they sprang into action and got me on IV antibiotics and pain killers. If I hadn't gone the darn bacteria might have killed me.

Kkmom 09-16-2016 07:15 PM

Hope you are on the mend by now. I work in a doctor's office and we have had several patients with pneumonia this week. Seems kinda crazy to have pneumonia in September. Take care of yourself - Pam