HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Brain Met - Getting Nervous (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49588)

krisvell 04-11-2011 03:53 PM

Brain Met - Getting Nervous

Hi,
In two weeks, I go for a brain MRI to see the results after two Gamma Knife treatments. They mentioned there's a 90-99% control rate for the first year and a 66% chance for shrinking. After one month, the volume shrunk by 30%. So that's good.
I am getting nervous waiting and wondering what to expect. My eyesight has gotten a little better. The numbness in left leg hasn't changed but they said it probably wouldn't; permanent nerve damage. I've been reading the signatures and I am hopeful.
Would you share what outcomes you've had with Gamma Knife and how it affected any symptoms from Brain Mets?
Hugs (and thank you),
Kris....

Trish 04-11-2011 04:18 PM

Re: Brain Met - Getting Nervous

No experience (yet) to share. But I wanted to let you know how much I admire you and you have been very much in my thoughts. I'm glad your eyesight is getting better and I hope you adjust to the leg numbness in time. I am hoping very hard for things to go well, Trish.

Sandra in GA 04-12-2011 05:23 AM

Hi Kris,
Just want to let you know I am thinking of you and praying that you will get good reports. Hopefully the tumor will be much smaller. You are such an inspiration and have the prettiest smile ever!
((((Hugs))))
Sandra

KDR 04-12-2011 07:23 AM

As my loving father always tells me, "You're gonna be good..."
There you go, Kris, you're gonna be good!
Love
Karen

Mary L 04-12-2011 07:57 AM

Kris, I am praying for you and I hope you receive a great report. Hugs, Mary L

michka 04-12-2011 08:32 AM

Kris, I hope the Gamma Knife Girls will share their experience and answer your questions. I also love your smile. I am sure the "stupid mets", as someone wrote about her brain mets, are still shrinking.Stay strong. Hugs. Michka

krisvell 04-12-2011 08:42 AM

Thank you all for your support. I'm already feeling less anxious. I'm sure all you know, you try to look for that ray of hope. As Karen's dad says "I'm gonna be good." I'm going with that.
Hugs;

Kris.....

Ceesun 04-12-2011 12:12 PM

Kris...yes, go with that. Just want to say I am pulling for you, too. My husband has told me over the past few years, pray for what you want, hope for what you want.... and we will cope with what we get. I am praying for positive results for you. Ceesun

Ellie F 04-12-2011 12:34 PM

Hi Kris
I am praying for really good news and that the stupid mets are on their way out.
Please let us know what happens. We are here for you.

Hugs
Ellie

LoisLane 04-12-2011 01:23 PM

Hi Kris I am sure those suckers have been blasted to oblivion and beyond......thinking of you
and know you are worried about the results but I feel things will be back to normal very soon. Keep up your good strength and keep moving forward.....Lois

Elizabethtx 04-12-2011 06:31 PM

Kris, I know this has been rough for you. But hang on I am certain your results will be positive! You are so strong and give everyone else hope. I will be praying for your results.
Elizabeth

Jean 04-13-2011 05:35 AM

Kris,
I am with Karen's Dad..."you're gonna be fine"
Thinking of you and saying those healing prayers also.

hugs,
jean

Pam P 04-13-2011 03:07 PM

Kris - I'm thinking of you and praying that the mri will show total response. Pam

Joan M 04-13-2011 08:21 PM

Kris,

i haven't had experience with the Gamma Knife. I had surgery followed by IMRT for my brain met. But I'm sending good vibes that all will be okay and that the met will melt away to nothingness ... forever after.

Joan

Gerri 04-16-2011 04:25 PM

Thinking of you Kris and waiting for your next update; I know it will bring even more good news!

Take care,

Jackie07 04-16-2011 06:14 PM

Kris,

I had Gamma-knife in 2001 for brain tumors that are not related to breast cancer. The last two years we've been watching one of the tumors because it has the potential to block the CSF flow to the Thrid Ventricle. The radiation oncologist requested for my old record from the Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas and determined that the one that's been growing was not among the ones that had been Gamma-knifed. Though my brain tumor is different from a BC metastasis, I just wanted to let you know that Gamma-knife Radiosurgery is an effective treatment. It is considered a 'bloodless' surgery.

Ellie F 04-19-2011 12:37 PM

Kris
What date is your scan? I would like to pray (and keep fingers and toes crossed) on that day for good news.

Ellie

krisvell 04-19-2011 03:24 PM

Hi Ellie,
It's this Thurs, April 21st. I really feel the power of the prayers for me.
Thank you for your prayers.
Love & Hugs,
Kris....

Elizabethtx 04-19-2011 04:50 PM

I'll remember to pray extra hard on Thurs!

krisvell 04-19-2011 05:36 PM

Elizabeth;
Thank you!!! I really appreciate it.
Monday is when I find out the results as the Neurosurgeon is on vacation this week.
Hugs,

Kris..