HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   NEDenise Family Update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62144)

LeahM 11-12-2014 04:17 PM

NEDenise Family Update

Hi All,

As most of you know Ted and I exchange emails every now and again. He has agreed to let me share some family info with you all as we approach the one year anniversary of Denise's death.

Jack did great on his SAT's and is applying to many colleges. Ted says he shouldn't have any trouble getting into any of them.

Ben broke is foot (leg??) over the summer but is doing well now. PT almost over but still has a bit of a limp.

Both boys wear small leather pouches around their necks and in them carry something of Denise. Jack carries her claudagh ring and Ben carries her favorite necklace. Such good young men.

Ted is dealing day to day. Some days are easier than others.

They will all be joining Denise's sister Sally and her family for Thanksgiving.

Ted lurks around here once and a while and appreciates all the love and prayers.

Best
Leah

KDR 11-12-2014 06:13 PM

Re: NEDenise Family Update

So nice to hear the update, Leah. Thank you. I think of her often.

Karen

carlatte7 11-12-2014 06:23 PM

Thanks for the update. I, too, think of her often.

Laurel 11-12-2014 06:57 PM

Leah,

Thank you for the update, Leah. I was just thinking of Denise yesterday wondering how her family is getting on. I often picture her sitting on the bench her school dedicated to her memory.

rhondalea 11-12-2014 07:02 PM

I miss her.

suzan w 11-12-2014 07:18 PM

Thank you for the update. It makes it seem like she is still with us in a sense...miss her!

'lizbeth 11-12-2014 07:25 PM

We think of NEDenise often and miss her humor.

LoisLane 11-12-2014 08:13 PM

THink of her often as well. What a bright light she was and sure still is above us.

Lien 11-13-2014 12:35 AM

Good to hear they are coping. Thanks for letting us know. They must miss her so much! She was a bright light in our lives and theirs. I miss her too and sometimes re-read her posts.

lkc Gumby 11-13-2014 08:05 AM

Thanks for posting this Leah. I also think of Denise often. It is good t know that her children are doing ok. I wish for peace for Ted.

Rolepaul 11-13-2014 09:21 AM

Frustrating that I could not help more. IT herceptin at high dose is helping a few, but it is hard to get traction still. My thoughts are with Denise and I know her legacy will be one of good deeds.

Carol Ann 11-13-2014 12:50 PM

Thanks so much for posting this, Leah. I too miss Denise and think of her all the time, and wonder how her family is doing.

Carol Ann

ammebarb 11-13-2014 02:21 PM

Just yesterday reread some of her posts, and looked for any news of her family. I also miss her and remember, with a smile, her wit and warmth.

caya 11-13-2014 07:20 PM

Thanks for the update Leah. I often think of Denise. I too miss her.

all the best
caya

sassy 11-14-2014 07:26 PM

Thanks for the update, memories of Denise are bright spots for many of us.

JillaryJill 11-15-2014 06:50 AM

I always looked forward to Denise's posts.
Glad to hear the boys are well.

BonnieR 11-15-2014 12:00 PM

A year already? She is still so fresh in my heart. Thanks Leah

Keep the faith

Mtngrl 11-15-2014 08:07 PM

Thank you so much, Leah. It's good to know Ted and the boys are getting on well.

I sent Ted a card the other day, to tell him he and the boys are in my thoughts and that I am grateful every day for the time I had with Denise.

KirisMum 11-16-2014 05:56 AM

She was such an amazing person, a powerful presence, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for her family now that she's gone. I hope Ted and the boys feel her spirit near them. She would be so proud of them. The pouches idea is wonderful.