HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Surgery over and prayers answered! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62280)

LaDonna28 12-03-2014 07:00 AM

Surgery over and prayers answered!

Good news......after doing my TCHP therapy on Nov. 7, and then just doing HP only on Dec 1 (skipped the TC due to neuropathy side effects) I had my lumpectomy yesterday. The Doctors believe I had a 100% response to the treatment as was no 'tumor' present and the one lymph node removed seemed clear as well. Of course pathology will search for any microcells that may be alive, but first report is great! The prep stuff, such as the nope mapping and the wire insertion to the clip was also pain free! After surgery I was able to leave an hour and a half later as I had no nausea or anything problems.
On top of that, last week our furnace was going out (over 20+ years old) and needed to be replaced. After getting an estimate, I just happened to hear about a craft fair on our local Cristian radio station. One of the prize drawings there was a Trane Furnace (who gives away furnaces at craft fairs!). I went to the fair and registered, then put it out on FB for payer. AND MY NAME WAS DRAWN!!!!!!
God answered my prayers, ALL of them. I am so blessed!

hestko76 12-03-2014 07:13 AM

Re: Surgery over and prayers answered!

Wonderful news!

thinkpositive 12-03-2014 07:40 AM

That is great news. I understand how relieved and happy you must feel after having such a great response to the treatment. I love the "furnace" story....pretty funny how things work out isn't it?

Carol Ann 12-03-2014 09:47 AM

Wonderful news, so happy for you! AND a new Trane furnace, YAAAY! :) Even better!

Carol Ann

lkc Gumby 12-03-2014 11:03 AM

wow! So happy for you.

'lizbeth 12-03-2014 12:10 PM

That is just the most awesome news ever! I knew you were so concerned about the last treatment. Having a pCR is such a relief. And you will still be receiving Herceptin for the rest of the year which gives more prevention against cancer recurrence. Now you can focus on recovery with a big sigh of relief.

The Trane, you deserve it! What a crazy thing that you won it at a craft fair. Love that story!

Pray 12-03-2014 01:02 PM

Way to be Victorious! Gods blessings.

KathyT 12-03-2014 06:42 PM

That's awesome news!! Congrats:)

SusanN 12-03-2014 07:51 PM

The "HEAT" is ON!!! Great news!! AMEN!! :)

Jackie07 12-04-2014 09:09 AM

Wonderful news! Love your heart-'warming' story ... Thanks for sharing.

LaDonna28 12-04-2014 09:10 AM

Thanks everyone. I believe I will be Stage 1 if everything comes back pathology wise the Dr. believes it will. What a blessing to catch Her2+++, grade 3 early enough to have it staged as such.
I will be seeing her on Monday to get the report, although I may be able to see it earlier in my online access.
I am hoping this may eliminate or lower the radiation dosage; however, given what I went through with the chemo (still having neuropathy issues) I think radiation will be a piece of cake!
The furnace story is one of those stories you would read in one of those "Soup of the Soul" books. I still keep thanking God for that blessing!
I am amazed at how swollen my boob is. I am sure that is normal for after surgery. Tomorrow I get to take the ace bandage off and go strictly to sports bras for awhile.
Thanks again for all the support. I hope everyone has an amazing Christmas!
I know I got my presents early!

caya 12-04-2014 12:56 PM

Great news, LaDonna, on all accounts!

all the best
caya

linzer 12-04-2014 01:21 PM

Wonderful news!!

LaDonna28 12-08-2014 06:02 PM

Saw the doc today. The pathology report stated 100% complete response from the TCHP therapy. There was no tumor at ALL - only a group of dead CANCER cells where the tumor actually was. Nothing at all in the lymph node (as doc had thought). The staged me at 0 since there was no longer a tumor!
I will still have to go through some radiation as well as the 1 yr @3 wk herceptin program and 5 yr hormone therapy for 'insurance' so it doesn't come back. The doc and I hugged and cried for a good ten minutes. Then of course I had to tell her the furnace story. Today would have been a perfect day, except I got a notice from my past employer who is now having my health insurance go to COBRA effective in February. Was paying 248., Feb. 1ist it will be 1078.00. Ugh. They have been trying to get me on disability for carpal/cubital tunnel issues. I have neuropathy issues and they became even worse from the Chemo. Just when I think I can breathe...... Ah, such is life. At least I am NED.

sassy 12-08-2014 08:14 PM

Wonderful news, stage 0 is pretty darn good.

Praying you'll get some better news on the insurance front.

LaDonna28 12-08-2014 09:12 PM

Thanks sassy. I will have to weigh out my options. Not sure how I can afford 900. More a month; however, the insurance type pays 100% of radiation And herceptin....... I am sure God will work it out!

JillaryJill 12-12-2014 08:55 AM

Great news. Very good sign for a smooth recovery ahead!