HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Faith in Him, any word on biopsy? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46631)

Chelee 09-05-2010 08:31 PM

Faith in Him, any word on biopsy?

Faith,
Any word on your biopsy results yet? I can only imagine how hard it's been waiting after having the last two biopsies come back saying two different things. I've been thinking about you and hope that 2nd path report was correct and it wasn't cancer. Lets hope this 3rd times a charm and you get a answer.

If you have a chance to post I've love to hear how your doing? Hang in there...I know it's not easy. I'm keeping good thoughts for you.

Chelee

Faith in Him 09-05-2010 08:59 PM

Re: Faith in Him, any word on biopsy?

Chelee, thanks for checking in on me. Unfortunately the third pathologist determined it was cancer but it doesn't look like breast cancer under the slide. Weird and of course it is not showing any receptors, so triple negative. Since I have a history of breast cancer they are assuming it is bc and not a second cancer.

I am trying to get into a parp inhibitor trial at UCSF. I didn't realize that there was a lottery to get in so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Ellie F 09-06-2010 01:27 AM

Hi Tonya
Thanks for letting us know. This whole thing of different cells is so frustrating. Praying that you get into the trial and that it's the answer for you.
Love and hugs
Ellie

lexigirl 09-06-2010 09:53 AM

Tonya,

Thinking of you and praying for clear answers.

Hugs,
Lexi

Emelie B 09-10-2010 06:55 AM

Tonya,
I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and have my fingers crossed for the trial.
Positivity coming your way,
Emelie

Mary Anne in TX 09-10-2010 12:12 PM

I've got my fingers and toes crossed too. ma

tricia keegan 09-10-2010 03:35 PM

I'm sorry to hear it Tonya and have everything crossed for you to make this trial:)

Chelee 09-10-2010 04:47 PM

Tonya,
How fustrating to have three pathologist come up with something different. It must be very disappointing not to have a clearer answer. I think it's UCLA that is working very hard right now on triple negs. Just saw something on the news the other night about it. Dr. Slamon I believe is behind it.

Thanks for the update and I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there...I know how hard it is.

Chelee

Chelee 09-11-2010 12:25 AM

Tonya,
I taped "stand up 2 cancer" tonight and just got done watching it. They were talking to Dr. Slamon...and just like I mentioned in my above post...it is Dr. S that is working on two targeted therapies for triple negs. He said he really feels they will hit pay dirt. :) Trials set to begin before the end of this yr if all goes well. Sounds very encouraging..although I'm sure you would like it now. Any other triple negs out there this is good news.

Chelee

Rich66 09-11-2010 12:38 AM

Metformin may be especially helpful in trip neg...even by itself.

Jackie07 09-11-2010 02:25 AM

Tonya,

I'm sending good vibes.

Faith in Him 09-12-2010 08:22 AM

Wow, thanks for all your support. I sign up for the trial on Tuesday. Find out next Thursday if I'm in.

Becky 09-12-2010 09:57 AM

All my fingers and toes are crossed for you to get into the Parp trial. I have a friend at work who was diagnosed with Stage 4 triple negative cancer from the get go (liver mets) and was lucky to get into this trial. It was essentially great because she could not tolerate all the rounds of chemo required but they compassionately allowed her to remain on the inhibitor.

She is doing great!! Working, playing, thriving. I am sure it will do the same for you too. I am very optimistic about this drug for all pathologies of breast cancer.

I will be thinking about you.

Sheila 09-13-2010 05:58 AM

Hoping you win the lottery on the PARP inhibitors, I have a friend who is triple neg, and in a trial in Indiana, doing very well......we are all keeping you in our prayers that you will get in.

Jean 09-13-2010 06:27 AM

All positive energy and thoughts are being sent to you for the trial.

Best Wishes,
Jean