HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Results of Taxol, T-DM1 and Pertuzumab Trial (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53416)

KDR 03-09-2012 02:07 PM

Results of Taxol, T-DM1 and Pertuzumab Trial

Dear Friends,
I have not posted in some time, in part because all of you--in some way, shape or form--have made an impact on me or the way I make decisions about my disease. And in some way, each of you have become special to me in some way. I feel when you are down and I relish in your success.

It seems that recently we've had our share of downs on the list and it never seemed appropriate to me that I would shout from the rooftop how well my trial was working, even if it gave hope to some. It's just not my nature. But today, with my second scan confirming it, the HER2 disease is dead with Taxol, T-DM1 and Pertuzumab. It was so on the first cycle. I needed to wait six more weeks for another scan before I came here report on this new drug. I, too, have been let down many times, and it's easy to be gun-shy.

We have dropped the Taxol and will continue on the T-DM1 and Pertuzumab indefinitely. Taxol was never in the long-term plan. It was not easy using all the drugs at once, but it did the job. Please do not give up hope. We may have something right now in our community, Pertuzumab, that will change how we treat this disease forever. Combine that with each new day, a new chance, and I think we are moving in the right direction.
May this last for me, and be an answer for all of you as well.
Love
Karen

lk1 03-09-2012 02:19 PM

Re: Results of Taxol, T-DM1 and Pertuzumab Trial

Karen,

May you remain NED now until 120 yrs as they say! You are SUCH an inspiration (I know you hate bold , but wanted to make the impact..LOL).
Your success is OUR success, and you are giving us all hope that we can defeat this horrible disease.

Love you
ur friend - Laura

Mary Anne in TX 03-09-2012 04:05 PM

Remarkable and wonderful news! Thank you for taking time to share. ma

Becky 03-09-2012 05:06 PM

Never ever feel you can't shout your news from the rooftops here on this board. We too mull the bad news over and rejoice in the good news.

You are a pioneer woman and have shown us this new combo that in the future, may do this same wonderful job on others that it has on you. I am so happy for you.

chrisy 03-09-2012 06:33 PM

I agree with Becky...we need to share both the good and the not so good news.

So happy you have gotten such quick, and strong results! You'll look great in another 120 years!

CoolBreeze 03-09-2012 06:35 PM

Such fabulous news, and I hope you stay NED forever. It gives us all hope when you post great results like this!

Jackie07 03-09-2012 09:07 PM

Karen,

Thank you for sharing the great news! It brings so much hope to so many.

Never hesitate to share whatever that's going on in your life/treatment - good or bad. It is what we are here for - sharing and supporting each other.

ElaineM 03-09-2012 09:16 PM

I am doing a happy dance for you !!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on a job well done.
I heard from some pretty reliable sources that Petuzamab has a good chance to be approved by the FDA in June. Let's keep our fingers crossed for that one.

rhondalea 03-09-2012 09:19 PM

Wonderful news. You're more than entitled to shout from the rooftops--a happy dance would not be amiss.

Even though I've not interacted with everyone who posts here, I do follow all of you, and I hope my heart out for good outcomes. Reading your post made *me* feel like dancing.

Congratulations and best wishes for a very long-term relationship with NED.

JennyB 03-09-2012 09:25 PM

Congratulations - I love to hear the good news long may it continue xx

Delaney 03-09-2012 09:28 PM

karen, such great news, oh it needs to be shouted!

Ellie F 03-10-2012 04:16 AM

Wonderful news. Just what we needed to hear. I agree that at present many are struggling but your good news is a boost for all.
Hugs
Ellie

michka 03-10-2012 04:32 AM

Karen I am so happy for you and happy for all of us. It gives us hope. We are all dancing on the rooftop with you! Michka

Lauriesh 03-10-2012 05:46 AM

Karen,
I am so happy for you.
what wonderful news! It does help bring hope to everyone.

I hope NED sticks around for a long, long time

Laurie

sarah 03-10-2012 05:49 AM

Great news! now let's get it as a standard treatment worldwide!!!
love sarah

chemteach 03-10-2012 06:09 AM

Excellent news.

Emelie B 03-10-2012 08:46 AM

Wonderful, wonderful news for all of us! As the other ladies have said, we need to share the good and the not so good news. That is what Christine would want us to do. It helps us all to keep going and hoping.
Continued success with NED and let's hope this becomes an option for all of us in the near future.
Best regards,
Emelie
PS-Thank you for being such a brave women!

Ceesun 03-10-2012 09:12 AM

Oh, Yes! Yes! Yes! Congrats, Ceesun

NEDenise 03-10-2012 09:44 AM

Karen,
Yay! Hooray! I'm so glad you posted! I've secretly been getting more and more worried when you didn't post any news. But you're in my prayers every single day!
You go girl! Blaze that trail!
You really are giving hope to so many of us, that a cure is on the horizon...just beyond our grasp...but not for long!
Be well, my friend!!
Love and hugs
Denise

Joan M 03-10-2012 04:50 PM

Karen, Wonderful news about the trial!! May you be NED forever ... Many hugs, Joan