HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Small lumps found between neck and shoulders... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64491)

spiritualabundance 02-02-2016 09:31 PM

Small lumps found between neck and shoulders...

I have just completed my 4th TCH yesterday. When I had my double mastectomy, all nodes were negative and margins were clear. I have had a clean abdomen, pelvic, and chest scan, as well as a clean brain scan. I'm sitting here in bed tonight and found something I've never felt before, a lump just about an inch above my clavicle between the base of my neck and my shoulder, but I've found it on both sides, left and right. Could it be that this has spread and nobody found it with all of my tests/scans. The doctor just palpated the area yesterday and mentioned nothing. What are the chances it's just muscular? What is your advice? Please help? I've had a very bad, stressful, emotional night. This certainly isn't helping.

Please, please share your thoughts or experiences.
Diane

Pamelamary 02-02-2016 11:16 PM

Re: Small lumps found between neck and shoulders...

Diane, try not to panic. Your lymph nodes can and do enlarge due to infection, so don't assume the worst. However, I believe in seeing my doctor with any concerns I have. Your peace of mind is paramount.
Best wishes..... Pam

MaineRottweilers 02-03-2016 06:05 AM

Swelling in lymph nodes is most often caused by the body mounting an immune response to something, it's rarely related to cancer. If you didn't have cancer, it wouldn't be the first thing you would think of but because you do, it's downright unsettling and upsetting. Call your doctor. They will most likely have you in for a CBC and exam. Hope your nerves are calmed a bit and that they can get you in early. I've said a prayer for you. Keep us posted.

jra40 02-03-2016 06:16 AM

I agree with all the comments, call your doctor to let them know and they will be able to guide you. Praying for you also, so sorry you have been going through all this stress!

Carol Ann 02-03-2016 08:26 AM

Just chiming in to agree with everyone else ... so sorry you are going through all of this. Praying for you, keep us posted!

Carol Ann

thinkpositive 02-03-2016 08:58 AM

Diane,

Since your Doctor just palpated the area yesterday, I doubt if there is anything to worry about. I did have cancer in my left node in the area you are referring to. It felt hard and round. My Doctors all told me that it was "suspicious". All my testing confirmed it to be cancer.

I do agree that you should contact your doctor. No sense in letting this cause you distress.

Take care,
Brenda

Debbie L. 02-03-2016 09:23 AM

Diane, reading your post brought back to me all the times I got worried over similar things. It's normal to be hypervigilant and anxious in these early years after diagnosis -- but that doesn't make it any easier. I bet almost all of us have had similar scares, and most of them turned out to be nothing. But that doesn't mean we should ignore things -- as others have said, you'll want to get it checked out, both for your cancer health, and your mental health.

I think the most reassuring thing about the lumps you've found is that they are on both sides. Cancer doesn't tend to tend to be so nicely symmetrical. I hope that eases your mind a bit, while you're waiting to check in with your provider about this concern.

Keep us posted. We're thinking about you, sending good thoughts . . .

Debbie Laxague

spiritualabundance 03-24-2016 02:39 PM

I want to thank each of you for your kind words and encouragement. I went for my us results and the oncologist felt like I needed to undergo further exam by obtaining an Mri w contrast, which made me nervous and sad. Fortunately the results came back negative and I was told the nodes may very well be from when I was a kid and had recurring bouts of mono. The results indicated the nodes were normal, size etc.

Thank God! I praise Him through this scary journey. He is good.

agness 03-24-2016 05:08 PM

Phew! I'm glad you got them looked at.

Big hugs.

Carol Ann 03-24-2016 06:58 PM

YAY!! What a relief!!

Carol Ann

MaineRottweilers 03-25-2016 12:25 PM

Relief! God is good and cancer is SUPER scary. Seems like we are always on the edge of uncertainty. You can celebrate!

Becky 03-25-2016 07:05 PM

I am sure all is well with you but I was thinking that you also posted about a leaking expander too. Maybe that leaking is causing a very, very low grade infection and causing the lymph nodes to get alittle excited. Just thinking out loud here. Just a bit stimulated. Who knows?

suzan w 03-29-2016 11:50 AM

Well, that is sure good news. The constant undercurrent of anxiety once we have survived our original cancer "crisis" is ever present. All the research being done on PTSD speaks volumes as this anxiety does produce very unpleasant side effects. Again, glad you can breathe a sigh of relief!!!