HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   5 Years Out (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46537)

lexigirl 08-28-2010 12:17 PM

5 Years Out

from surgery on Aug. 30th. Five years ago I had the cancerous breast removed and had 4 A/C and 4 Taxol w/ herceptin. I did have a short break from herceptin because my heart became enlarged. After a 4 week break I was able to complete my herceptin txs.

I still battle fatigue and daily aches and pains. But, I am able to get my sweet boy off to college next week, (he was in the 8th grade when I was diagnosed), my sweet girl is in her freshman year of HS and that has been in my prayers since the devastating diagnosis. To see my chihldren through their teenage years.

I am so very grateful to my her2 family for supporting me and sending prayers and hugs my way. I share with you all my fears and anxiousness as I don't want to upset my family at home. You understand all of the uncertainties that go along with this disease.

Big Hugs and Prayers Always,
Lexi

Becky 08-28-2010 01:10 PM

Re: 5 Years Out

Dear Lexi

What a wonderful milestone! It seems so long ago but we have pretty much "known" each other all these years. You are such a sweet and supportive member - always cheering everyone on and being a shoulder to cry on too. Congratulations are in order.

All the best!

tricia keegan 08-28-2010 01:28 PM

Many congratulations Lexi!!!! :)

vlcarr 08-28-2010 07:00 PM

Yeah Lexi!! So happy for you.

Jean 08-28-2010 08:41 PM

Hi Lexi,
How wonderful to read about your son going off to college. These are very special days for you.
What a great way to celebrate your 5 yr. milestone.

Before you know it your daughter will be graduating and you will be sharing with us about her leaving for college.

So happy for you, thank you for sharing your happy news. Enjoy Enjoy you have earned it.

Big hugs,
Jean

caya 08-28-2010 09:00 PM

Big Congrats Lexi!! 5 years out - WOW!!!!

all the best
caya

whatz 08-29-2010 02:52 PM

Great news lexigirl! That's awsome. Thanks for letting us share that good news!

Patb 08-29-2010 05:15 PM

Lexi Congratulations for five years. I am at four
years and have read your post for many years.
It is so good that you are doing well and your
kids are growing up with you to guide them.
Take care and enjoy everyday . To many many
more years!
patb

Mary Jo 08-29-2010 07:31 PM

Yahoo for Lexi!!! So, so happy for you. I echo the words of Becky....You are wonderful!

We, too, have "known" each other a long time...here in cyber world....http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif and I couldn't be happier to have you as my cyber friend.

Love and continued good health I pray.

Mary Jo

michka 08-30-2010 12:20 AM

Congratulations Lexi! I can feel the love you have for your children through your post and I wish you many many years and decades of joy, health, and happiness with them...(and I hope the aches will fade away now). Hugs. Michka

jhandley 08-30-2010 01:20 AM

well done lexi girl!
Jackie (down under)

Leslie304 08-30-2010 05:58 AM

Hi Lexi,
Congratulations!! It's a bittersweet time, giving our children wings. Happiness and heartache all in one! They'll always be your babies! It's a new chapter for you all. Enjoy your milestone and his! My best to you and continued thanks for the hope and support you gave me early on in my diagnosis. Sept 18 is 1 year for me!!!
Leslie

Pam P 08-30-2010 07:08 AM

Way to go, Lexi! Blessings and good wishes for many more.... one day you'll see your grandkids through their teens years.

DonnaD 08-30-2010 01:12 PM

Congratulations on your 5 year Cancerversary sweet Lexi. Continue to post to give the new gals encouragement. Many experience good health and disappear as they get on with their lives. Totally understandable but... we are here and experiecing good health and happiness.

Good luck as you send your son off to college and enjoy HS years with your daughter.

You are an inspiration to many. God bless you!
Donna

micheleu 08-30-2010 04:28 PM

5 years, that's awesome!

chrisy 08-30-2010 04:42 PM

Wow Lexi! Isn't that amazing. I too am drawn to your posts and replies because you are always so supportive and sweet. Congratulations! Let's call that your first of many big milestones.

Chris

karen z 08-30-2010 06:46 PM

Many congratulations to you!!
karen

Ellie F 08-31-2010 10:40 AM

Congaratulations Lexi, here's to many ,many years of NED.

Love Ellie

Lien 08-31-2010 02:14 PM

Great! Now for the next 5, and the next, and the next, until you stop counting...
Hugs

Jacqueline

krisvell 08-31-2010 04:01 PM

Lexigirl; Congratulations on your significant milestone and that you are seeing your children grow to young adulthood. WhoHoo!!!
I wish you forever years of good news.

Kris...