HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I'm back! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31258)

Adriana Mangus 11-23-2007 08:54 PM

I'm back!

Hi all: I have miss so much everyone of you. Things are looking better for Kent. If you well remember I posted about six weeks ago about my husband having a stroke. He's at a facility near the house reciving occupational, physical and speech therapy. He came home yesterday for Thanksgiving, unfortunately he's not healthy enough to spend the night.

In the near future as his therapy progresses, he will be coming home and will continue reciving therapy on an outpatient basis. It's amazing what the body does for one during critical times. The brain is so powerful, am positive that he will eventually regain his speech and mobility just like before the stroke.

Well, just wanted to wish everyone a Wonderful and Healthy Holidays with your loved ones. Take care. Much love to all of you.

Joe 11-23-2007 09:14 PM

So happy to hear the good news!! We've had a rough week and needed it.

I saw you online and sent you a private message, but you answered it here.

Christine and Joe

SoCalGal 11-24-2007 12:23 AM

Hi Adriana,
Somehow I missed the post about your husband. I am so sorry to hear about his stroke. I know that it takes a long time, but people really do recuperate and get better. I know a couple of people who had bad strokes and "came back". It did take months but they were able to come back home. Thanks for the nice words to me - that photo is from my recent 50th birthday. It reminds me of the blessings in my life. And yes, I went with LA LA Land because I had a few days of paranoia when I thought that "someone" could find me. I don't even know what that means, but feel less exposed this way.

Still haven't found a chemo to work - it's now 6 months since mets dx so I'm gettin' real nervous. Hopefully by the first of year I'll figure it all out.

Glad you're back posting! xoxo Flori

Sheila 11-24-2007 06:15 AM

Adrianan
Go glad to hear your husband is improving...it is a slow process so keep him looking forward. Do take care of yourself at this time also. Sending you a big hug and lots of prayers.

dhealey 11-24-2007 07:03 AM

So glad your husband is doing better. You must take of yourself during this time also. It is ease to forget about yourself when you are the caregiver for a loved one. Many blessings to you and your husband.

lilyecuadorian 11-24-2007 08:35 AM

that is a great news ..keep up w/recovery ...is always nice to hear from you and more if the news is good ...take care amiga ...

nitewind 11-24-2007 09:05 AM

I'm so happy that your husband is improving and was able to join you for Thanksgiving, really puts the true meaning into the word thanksgiving, doesn't it? Good to see you posting.
Take care and stay strong
Hugs

Julie2 11-24-2007 10:34 AM

Hi Adriana,

Good that your husband is improving. How are you doing? Take care of your health.

Julie

Mary Anne in TX 11-24-2007 10:35 AM

What terrific news! We'll believe right along with you that he will be home soon! Thanks so much for letting us hear from you! ma

suzan w 11-24-2007 11:21 AM

Hi Adriana, It is good to see you back! And the news about your husband sounds promising. Every day is another day to be thankful for, eh??!!

Joanne S 11-24-2007 12:20 PM

Adriana,

So glad to hear from you, and I appreciate you taking the time to give us an update. And how wonderful for both of you that Kent was home for Thanksgiving! Please take care.

You and Kent are in my thoughts and prayers!
Wishes for continued improvement,
Joanne S

anne2 11-25-2007 07:10 PM

So glad to hear your husband is better.

It takes time but around 6 months you will see a big difference. My mom had to work really hard with therapy but it does get better. I hope your husband is in good spirits, because I know my mom had a hard time with the stroke. She felt it was a double wammy after cancer.
I will pray for his continued recovery.
Hugs,
Anne

Believe51 11-28-2007 12:58 PM

Thinking of you and pulling this up.....

Continued prayers for Kent and for you too of course. Just wondering how he is doing and wishing you both well. Hugs and prayers>>Believe51