HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Has anyone heard how Pam is doing? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51713)

chekmark 10-09-2011 10:56 AM

Has anyone heard how Pam is doing?

I has been more than a week since she has checked in and I know she was feeling pretty bad. Has anyone heard from her?

ElaineM 10-09-2011 11:11 AM

Re: Has anyone heard how Pam is doing?

Pam, are you out there? We are thinking of you !!
Take good care of yourself.

Sheila 10-09-2011 11:28 AM

I see her on Facebook, usually playing word games, so hoping she is feeling better....hoping we will hear soon from her!

Pam P 10-09-2011 06:04 PM

Here I am! Thanks for thinking and asking about me. I finished m 7 weeks of rads a couple weeks ago and think I'm starting to feel not as tired. The rads really helped to lessen the pain in my leg & back. I'm still struggling with eating, trying to gain a few pounds. The onc. prescribed Megace to increase appetite. I think it has but still so many things taste bad to me I have a hard time getting things down. I'm on abraxane/herceptin. I don't get sick with it but feel so tired all the time. I'm not getting the exercise I know I need to do, but don't have the motivation. So, all in all, I'm doing okay; I see the onc. this Thurs. and hope the scale with show a little more weight. I've been checking the site and reading about people, but didn't feel I had news to add. Pam

Mary Jo 10-09-2011 06:32 PM

Just nice to "see" you here Pam. Love and hugs.

Jackie07 10-09-2011 08:18 PM

Good to hear from you, Pam. Remember to cook (eat)some sweet potato rice soup ...

Catherine 10-09-2011 08:26 PM

Hi Pam,

Good to see your cute face pop up! Glad to know you are done with the rads. What about mashed potatoes and cooked carrots? Maybe carrots have too much sugar....just thinking. Thinking of you and sending cyberhugs !! Remember, even just walking around the house counts as exercise!

All the best,

ElaineM 10-09-2011 08:39 PM

Thanks for checking in Pam. I am glad you are coming along. Take things one day at a time. It is probably going to take awhile to get your appetite up to speed, but little by little does the trick.
Do you think talking to a nutritionist will help?
Take good care of yourself. I have my fingers crossed for your latest treatment.

Pray 10-09-2011 08:47 PM

Hi Pam,

I'm just so glad to hear from you! The weight will come! I had a lot of trouble with taste at the end also. About four weeks for me. You might want to try some suckers to help bring tastes back. It helped me using tootsie pops when I would reach the tootsie roll center I was glad I could taste it. Please, Please keep us posted. I would love to know what ends up working for you or at least what you are trying. Gods blessings to you. I hope to hear from you soon.

Your Friend,

Nancy

kykeon22 10-10-2011 03:26 AM

Hi pam,

very glad you are doing a little better than before. You are an iron woman :). keep figthing.

chekmark 10-10-2011 04:27 AM

So glad to hear from you Pam. You even sound stronger than your last post. Atta girl. When I was first diagnosised I lost 30lbs from the stress, they were thinking about NOT doing my chemo due to how thin I was. I forced down oatmeal with blueberries and drank carnation instant breakfast and I was able to maintain at that point and eventually starting eating better. Now, no problems unfortunately. If you crave anything at all eat it. Keep us posted. God bless. Darlene

Pam P 10-10-2011 05:37 AM

Thanks everyone for all your encouragement and suggestions. On the eating, an Asian friend has been making me big batches of rice congee (rice cooked in liquid until it's broken down mush.) He cooks it in broth, adds small pieces of chicken and carrots that I can handle. It's bland and soothing and I can eat it. It' been my staple. I have been able to eat more now too but things don't taste good. For instance I usually love oatmeal with a little fruit of raisins. Now the oatmeal tastes terrible and i can't swallow it. Guess I just have to be patient.

jml 10-10-2011 06:23 AM

Sooo so happy to see you, Pam!
You do sound stronger and I'm so glad for that.
Your appetite will come, slowly but surely, so be patient
with yourself. In the meantime, at least you do have a staple
that you can tolerate, that's hearty & gives you some sustenance.
Keep on taking care of you~

Hugs,

Jml