HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sheila gone 2 years but never forgotten.. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62337)

Jen 12-10-2014 01:24 PM

Sheila gone 2 years but never forgotten..

Today marks the 2 years anniversary we lost our Sheila to breast cancer. Please perform a random act of kindness in memory of her. "Be kinder than necessary 4 everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle".

sassy 12-10-2014 04:15 PM

Re: Sheila gone 2 years but never forgotten..

Jen,

It's hard to believe your mom has been gone from us for two years. She has been greatly missed. I will never forget witnessing the miracle of Halaven reducing her skin mets before our eyes in San Antonio--would that it had been a total cure.

Hope your entire family is doing well and so glad you keep in touch.

Bunty 12-10-2014 04:58 PM

Your mum was so loved and respected here, and gave so much kindness and encouragement to so many. I certainly will perform a random act of kindness in Sheila's memory. Please keep in touch Jen.....
Marie

rhondalea 12-11-2014 12:03 PM

No one could ever forget your mother, Jen.

Mtngrl 12-11-2014 01:21 PM

Sheila was a treasure. I miss her too, and I'll never forget her.

She was good, kind, loving, wise, patient, and funny.

Thanks for the reminder, Jen.

caya 12-11-2014 02:05 PM

Sheila was the epitome of class and kindness, she will never be forgotten.

all the best
caya

tricia keegan 12-11-2014 04:45 PM

I'm sorry I'm late Jen but will never forget your Mom either. xx

Laurel 12-11-2014 05:26 PM

Your mom was a grand lady and a heck of a warrior. She is missed along with others whom we have had the pleasure of sharing our journeys here on Her2Support.

How are you doing these days?

Carol Ann 12-11-2014 08:11 PM

Jen, I read all the posts from and about your mom during this time last year, when I was just starting my chemo. She was an incredible woman, and I am so sorry that I never got to know her.

Carol Ann

michka 12-12-2014 02:44 AM

Jen, Sheila will stay in my heart for ever. I hope all is well for you.

JillaryJill 12-12-2014 08:56 AM

Sheila was special. We had the same oncologist and she reached out to me several times to give me advice on private message even though she was in such a battle herself. I admired her.

Adriana Mangus 12-12-2014 07:37 PM

Thank you for reaching out to us. Sheila will never, ever be forgotten.
Sheila was one of the first sisters to welcome me to this site. Had it not been
for Sheila I have no idea what I would have done when I was dx with a recurrence .
Sheila was able to put me at ease and sonce Sheila had been navigating the immense Arsenal of chemo drugs, I knew what to expect. YOU KNOW thinking back it never crossed my mind to ask her anything about her own medical condition, until later on down the road I learned about her a great deal. Wife, mother, grandmother, sister, nurse. But most importantly a good woman all around.

I was only concerned with my own ordeal. How selfish can I be?

Sheila was the most warm, knowledgeable and always ready to lend an arm and a leg, -figure of speech, here, woman I have ever had the pleasure of communicating with. I think about Sheila often. Gone but never forgotten.

KaiM 12-12-2014 08:12 PM

I miss Sheila, her warmth and intelligence remain with me.

dawny 12-13-2014 02:48 PM

Love to you Jen. Sheila is greatly missed. Thanks for the reminder to be kind to others
Dawn. Xx

Jean 12-13-2014 06:19 PM

Dear Jen,
Hope you are doing well....it has been a rough 2 yrs. for you. Thinking of you and your wonderful Mother.
Will do as you request (of course)!
Hugs,
Jean

StephN 12-13-2014 10:48 PM

Dear Jen -
You and Jazzy were so precious to your mom. She would do - and - did - anything for you. I think your need of her may have kept her going time and again.

When time for the San Antonio Breast Cancer symposium rolls around in early December, Sheila always come to mind. I had the pleasure of talking with her over the phone as well as meeting her in person and sharing the conference with her more than once.

Sheila was laser focused on what she could cull from the array of treatment choices. She had the fashion sense to make the most of things like her lumphedema sleeve and glove so that they became part of an outfit and not so noticeable. Indeed classy in every way.