HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Phew - glad I only have 2 legs (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48861)

Pam P 02-18-2011 08:25 AM

Phew - glad I only have 2 legs

Thought I posted this yesterday but I don't see it so must have done something wrong. Wiil blame it on good pain meds.

Surgery went well. Internal fixation and gamma nailing - my surgeon calls it = basically putting a short rod in my hip and a long rod the length of my femur to stabilize it from the cancer damage.

I got to rehab Thursday, The first surgery on right leg in DEc, was more painful and longer recovery than this one on the left leg. I'm very happy with how well I'm doing at this point. Hope to go home early next week. The pt here is good so this is a big help to getting my leg strong again.

In 2 weeks my onc plans to take me off tykerb (he doesn't think it's working anymore) & start me on halaven,

Thank you everyone for all your well wishes, concern and care. Pam

Ellie F 02-18-2011 09:21 AM

Re: Phew - glad I only have 2 legs

Really glad to hear things are going well and you sound much brighter in yourself. You are always in my thoughts, your courage is such an inspiration.
Hugs
Ellie

ammebarb 02-18-2011 09:22 AM

So good to hear from you, Pam, and to know that your surgery went well. It's good that you have a good physical therapist....soon you can begin to rehab. Sending all good wishes for your med change..Hope the halaven does it's very best for you! Thinking of you.

Barb A.

michka 02-18-2011 10:03 AM

Pam, I am happy this second surgery went better than the first one. You are courageous and now you are an expert so I hope you will recover fast. I also hope the switch to Halaven will work well. I love your title "glad I only have 2 legs"... Hugs. Michka

Mary L 02-18-2011 10:09 AM

Pam, I was so happy to see your message. I'm glad that it went easier than the first time. I am praying for a speedy, painless recovery and that you will be back doing everthing you were able to do before all this happened. Best wishes!!!!! Mary L

ElaineM 02-18-2011 10:11 AM

I am very glad you are doing well Pam. Thanks for checking in and letting us know. Have a good weekend and keep up the the great work. I know you will take good care of yourself.

Becky 02-18-2011 11:05 AM

Dear Pam

I am glad things went well with the second surgery. Soon you will be dancing a jig. I am thinking about you with healing thoughts.

krisvell 02-18-2011 02:35 PM

Oh Pam,
I am so glad things went well with your 2nd surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery in rehab.
Hugs and Prayers,
Kris....

Julie2 02-18-2011 03:14 PM

Hi Pam,

Is there any plan to change from Zometa to Denusumab? Whis you a speedy recovery.

Julie

Chelee 02-18-2011 04:12 PM

Pam,
I can see this surgery sure didn't make you lose your sense of humor. I started laughing when I read the title to your post. lol :) That's great news to hear your doing much better with this leg then last time. You must of caught it before too much damage was done? Regardless...it's nice to hear things went well and you now have this all behind you. You really are one tough warrior women and such an inspriation to me. Your always in my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee

Mary Anne in TX 02-18-2011 06:17 PM

Hi Pam!
I'm so very glad that this second leg surgery is going better and that you are on the mend. You have the bestest attitude, girl. I'm sending lots of smiles and hugs your way. ma

caya 02-18-2011 07:06 PM

Take it easy Pam and rest. You are one courageous warrior.

all the best
caya

sassy 02-18-2011 08:39 PM

Glad this leg was easier for you. Hope you are up and running soon!

Elizabethtx 02-18-2011 09:40 PM

So wonderful that you felt up to sending out an update. Stay strong and keep fighting! What an example you are! Hugs from all of us who are cheering you on.

Trish 02-18-2011 11:16 PM

Thanks for the update-delighted to hear things are going so well. May they continue thus and I'm hoping Halaven does good things for you.
Trish

BonnieR 02-18-2011 11:21 PM

Glad to hear the second round went easier. You deserved a break (ooops, not the best choice of words! lol)
Keep the faith. And the sense of humor.

Sheila 02-19-2011 06:48 AM

Pam, glad to hear the second went better for you...maybe you are just adapting to all of this! For your sake, I am glad you only have 2 legs too! Hoping the Halaven works miracles for you...it seems to be well tolerated without alot of side effects. I get scanned next week so I will know what its doing to the inside, and whether I will continue! Sending healing thoughts a lots of prayers your way....may you be dancing by St Patricks Day!

Catherine 02-19-2011 07:48 AM

Yeah Pam,

So glad to see your post. You still have your humor...glad you only have 2 legs...that was funny. Also, very glad that you have such a good PT. All the best as you get better. Thinking of you.

Jackie07 02-19-2011 08:02 AM

Thanks for the update, Pam. Love your sense of humor!

tricia keegan 02-19-2011 02:27 PM

Glad to see your message Pam and know you're doing okay.
My friend had the same surgery, wishing you a very speedy recovery and hope you'll be back home very soon:)