HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on Me/New trial (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50740)

Kim in DC 07-13-2011 04:06 PM

Update on Me/New trial

Since my progression from TDM-1 in Dec(Sternum, soft tissue met in chest), I have been on Herceptin/Tykerb/Xeloda. In April I had rads to the chest and the latest scans show that it is healing. I still have one small spot in the liver that shows up on a ct but not pet/ct. It is not big enough to biopsy.

I have applied for a new trial ( NCT01148849, CP-MGAH22-01, Safety Study of MGAH22 in HER2-positive Carcinomas) and if all goes well I will start the last week in July. This drug is supposed to be the next generation Herceptin.

I got 2 years out of TDM-1 and that has kept me around to try something new. You Ladies (and Gents) have been such a blessing to me that I want to make sure I can return the favor.

Praying for us All
Kim

Chelee 07-13-2011 04:22 PM

Re: Update on Me/New trial

Kim,
Glad to hear you got two yrs out of T-DM1...although I'm sure you wish it had been more. This new trial your going to start sounds encouraging. It sounds like a trial many on this board might want to check out...including myself. Thanks for sharing that with us. Wishing you great results on this new trial and get you back to NED.
When and if you feel up to it...keep us updated on how your doing?

Chelee

Joan M 07-13-2011 04:52 PM

Kim,

Good luck with the trial.

Backatcha with prayers.

Joan

chrisy 07-13-2011 05:02 PM

Kim,
Good luck with the study - keep blazing new trails for us. I'm also changing horses, after 3 years on TDM1. My doctor also put it as you did: I got 3 more years of research out of it!

It's taken a bit of time to get on the new horse - first missed out on a trial due to low platelets and for the time being am taking a breather on the "study drugs" to let
Herceptin/Xeloda take a shot at that dumb canser. Even that is taking a while to get the dosing right so I can actually tolerate it! I have become such a targeted therapy wimp.

"Sorry" you didn't have a big enough problem to biopsy! Not really - I DID and am still recovering from last Friday's procedures. Ouch. But hopefully will provide useful (and not horrible) information.

Keep us posted on the new study!

StephN 07-13-2011 05:02 PM

Dear Kim -

Glad you are getting to try another HER2 specific drug.
My best wishes that it gets you to NED or at least several years of stable.

Could you post a link to that trial so others may have easy access and learn if they might be a candidate?

Unregistered 07-14-2011 02:04 AM

Good luck with the trial Kim. I look forward to hearing how it goes.
Trish

Ellie F 07-14-2011 03:50 AM

Good luck Kim and thanks again for updating us. Here in England we are a little short on trials so information from my American sisters is doubly welcome.
Ellie

Elizabethtx 07-14-2011 06:50 AM

Kim,You and the others are so amazing. Feeling grateful for the extra time given and blazing ahead willing to enter new trials, looking for the next miracle. It is a fab outlook to have when you say you had a two year run on TDM1 waiting for the next drug. I hope to have your positive outlook through my journey. Prayers for your continued journey and the search for the drug that will get rid of the cancer once and for all! Hugs,
Elizabeth

chrisy 07-14-2011 01:26 PM

Great idea, Steph!

Here is the link to the trial

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=NCT01148849

tricia keegan 07-14-2011 01:29 PM

Good luck Kim and hoping you have a great response to this !!!

Sandra in GA 07-14-2011 07:30 PM

Kim,
You are a very brave warrior. Good luck with this new drug. Hopefully this will be the ONE to knock everything out. Thank you for being wiling to try it.
Hugs and Prayers,
Sandra

schoolteacher 07-15-2011 06:47 AM

Let us know how things go with the trial.

Amelia

PAFB 12-13-2011 06:13 PM

Hi Kim!

How are you doing? I would like to get together with you again. Please contact me at home - 202-723-3225 or work - 202-626-9176.

I look forward to talking with you.

Phylicia

JillaryJill 12-13-2011 06:42 PM

Kim,

Your participation in these trials and your bravery is inspiring. All I can say is Thank You!

annmask 12-13-2011 07:26 PM

Hi Kim in DC. I hope that you are well n your way to NED on your new trial. I wonder what the drugs are, what pathways they intercept etc. I am considering a trial of 2 drugs together called SAR245409, and MSC1936369B which target the PI3k and mTIR, and MEK. So 3 pathways with 2 drugs, but I would be first HER2+in the trial. I have been in 2 trial already that did not work for me, so I am a bit nervous. Your post caught my eye as I am wondering if your trial is also of small molecule oral drugs, and how it has been for you.

Kim in DC 12-15-2011 08:30 PM

Update on me again

I never got into the trial. When I scanned in July I had no activity in the liver and my sternum mets no longer showed up on pet only ct. I was not admitted because I had no sign of progression. I have been on Herceptin and Tykerb since July. I will probably scan again in Jan. Sorry I have not checked in with you ladies (and gents). My mind has been consumed with finding employment.

Kim

StephN 12-16-2011 12:38 AM

Wonderful to hear that you are stable and maybe NED?

And you know the trials are out there should you need them.

Best wishes for finding suitable and challenging employment.

schoolteacher 12-16-2011 08:24 AM

Kim,

Glad to hear your good news.

Amelia

Ellie F 12-16-2011 10:50 AM

Kim
Really pleased to hear the news that you're stable. I hope you stay this way for a very long time.
I remember that you posted that you were emplyed by a drug company,do you want a change of direction in your job? I hope you find something that makes use of your many talents.
Hugs
Ellie