HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Rally our prayers...Courtney needs us (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52967)

mmoons 01-24-2012 06:28 AM

Rally our prayers...Courtney needs us

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/co...eboeuf/journal

KDR 01-24-2012 06:33 AM

Re: Rally our prayers...Courtney needs us

Standing beside you, Courtney! And you, Jay...
Warm love
Karen

karen z 01-24-2012 06:37 AM

You have my prayers.
karen z

alicem 01-24-2012 07:28 AM

Courtney loves our HER2 family. I don't think she would mind that I post the latest journal entry from her caring bridge site. She had spam issues on the CB site earlier, so you now have to have a password to access it. So here is the entry written by her husband Jay this morning:
I'm sorry to start this post saying that Courtney has suffered some serious neurological issues over the past few days, culminating in a visit to the UCSF ER tonight – she was distant, not always cooperative, and struggling to absorb what was going on.

She was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit today (Tues) at 4:00am.
Courtney was neurologically unresponsive for a few hours, but then woke up from this unresponsive state – an encouraging sign. However, she’s in tough shape and we don’t know exactly why. She’s now sedated and sleeping hard and so peacefully – tomorrow AM the medical team will determine if we can tackle the underlying problems.

Mon Jan 23 started out for me and Courtney at 4AM. Courtney just “woke up” and decided that we need to walk laps with her walker around the hallway of her parent’s house. We did this for like an hour, and then we ate a 1,000 calorie protein smoothie. She didn’t communicate why we were doing this exercise, and she was so weak, very wobbly, and verbally unresponsive to my questions – but I learned not to question the indomintable will and fight that my wife has.

As I write this it is Tues Jan 24 at 4:32 AM - and now Courtney faces the most immediate and serious fight for her life. And we need you all. The best way to express your support is to post kind words on CaringBridge, via letters, or emails. Reach out to your friends and be there for each other. Please no flowers or food right now – we’re not home to enjoy them. Please also understand that an intensive care unit does not allow visitors.

There is an incredible power when hundreds and thousands of people are holding you in their thoughts simultaneously. This is the time to let Courtney know how much you love her...

Please keep Courtney, Jay and all of her family members in your prayers. If you are new here, search for posts from CourtneyL and you will be inspired.

I HATE THIS DISEASE!!!

~Alice

Sheila 01-24-2012 07:33 AM

So glad I logged in this morning, and thank you Maureen for updating us...I just got he note from Caring Bridge and signed her guestbook....hoping that she can feel the love and hope as we all lift her in prayer today.

schoolteacher 01-24-2012 07:51 AM

Courtney, you are in my prayers.

Amelia

chrisy 01-24-2012 08:43 AM

Thinking of you, sweet Courtney, and enfolding you in prayer. You too jay

caya 01-24-2012 08:58 AM

Hugs and prayers to dear Courtney, Jay and her entire family.

all the best
caya

Ellie F 01-24-2012 09:36 AM

Just posted on caringbridge as well. May the Lord carry her through this latest setback.I also pray that he will soon find us a cure so all this suffering can end.
Ellie

Emelie B 01-24-2012 10:21 AM

My prayers and positive thoughts go out to Courtney and her family.

ElaineM 01-24-2012 10:25 AM

Count me in the team Courtney a hug and a prayer group. What a scary experience for Jay and Courtney !!

bejuce 01-24-2012 10:25 AM

Woke up to this news today. I felt so powerless. Had a hard time getting up but then thought of Courtney and all her adventures and zest for
life. Said my prayers, hugged my children, and wondered when this stupid disease will stop ruining the lives of our very best.

Courtney & Jay, I'm spending my day in prayer for you.

Love,

Marcia

lkc Gumby 01-24-2012 10:29 AM

I am so saddened by this. My prayers are going out to Courtney and Jay. Wake up dear Girl, you so so loved.

I hate this disease!!!!

Delaney 01-24-2012 11:16 AM

Thinking good thoughts for you Courtney.

michka 01-24-2012 11:23 AM

Thinking of you Courtney. Sending hugs and strength. I hate this disease. Michka

lk1 01-24-2012 12:01 PM

My prayers and thoughts are with you Courtney and Jay

-Laura

Shobha 01-24-2012 01:23 PM

This is so difficult to read, especially about a fighter like Courtney - just can't imagine how hard it must be for her and Jay. I can only get down on my knees and pray for her...

KsGal 01-25-2012 01:34 AM

Dear Lord...Please be with Courtney and Jay and their family and friends during this very difficult time. Please hear all the prayers being offered up for them, and please hold them close as they travel this difficult road. Please give them strength, hope and comfort.

yanyan 01-25-2012 03:58 PM

Sending you prayers, Courtney. I hope God will guide you through this difficult time. Praying for your recovery.

Thanks, Alice for posting Courtney's journal.

Jackie07 01-25-2012 04:47 PM

Sending our prayers from Texas...