HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New Update on Kate (Tousled1) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33467)

Kavy 04-11-2008 03:06 AM

New Update on Kate (Tousled1)

First, I would like to thank all of you for your prayers and good wishes for our dear Kate.
I have good news today. Kate might be getting out of the hospital Saturday or Sunday. Her leg is healing fast, her breathing is getting better, but she is still in oxygen 2%. She is almost done with her antibiotic, so the pneumonia looks better too.
Her doctor decided to take her off Tykerb because she has had severe diahrrea since she started the treatment a month ago. She will be back on Herceptin probably next week when she will see her doctor, but she does not know what chemo she will try next, or when she will start.
She is very positive, and ready for the fight. She asked me to tell you that she appreciates all your prayers, and that they are working, she believes in the power of prayers. She said she hopes that soon she will be able to post from home to give you all an update with more details.
Friday will be a busy day for her, because she will be having visitors from out of state (brother and sisters), and one of her daughters from out of state is visiting her for a week too. Kate is very happy to have her there with her, and she said she feels blessed to have the support of her daughters. She will also have a very special visitor today, her grandson Eli, who is her inspiration to keep fighting.
I pray that all of you are doing great. Have a wonderful weekend. May God bless you all.
KarlaV.

hermiracles 04-11-2008 03:31 AM

Thanks Karla for this good news about Kate. Im having puter trouble with limited access so it is great to be here and wish Kate all the best. So lovely to have family and friends around and soon to be home - sounds great Kate! Luvya Sis.
Blessings
Hermiracles

Sheila 04-11-2008 04:57 AM

Thanks Karla for the update on Kate...I am hoping she feels the love and prayers that surround her from all of us. You are on our minds Kate, and in our hearts!

caya 04-11-2008 06:00 AM

Thanks for the update Karla on Kate the Great - we love to hear GOOD NEWS!!

Kate, keep up the fight, we are all right behind you.

all the best
caya

Jean 04-11-2008 06:46 AM

Good News!

Happy that family is visitng kate, that only helps the fighting and the recovery to be with those that love us.

Please tell Kate I am so happy that she will be home where she belongs.
Also tell her to hurry back to us...as we miss her greatly.

Big hugs and prayers and healing energy coming her way!
Jean

Mary Anne in TX 04-11-2008 07:16 AM

thanks a million, Karla, for taking the time to check and then for letting us know about our Kate. ma

lilyecuadorian 04-11-2008 07:40 AM

oh what a relief with this news ...

dhealey 04-11-2008 11:16 AM

Thanks for the update on Kate. Will continue to send prayers her way!

kareneg 04-11-2008 11:17 AM

Thank you for the update. What wonderful news I hope you are home and posting again soon Kate you have been so missed, and I pray you are felling alot better also. All my best Karen

schoolteacher 04-11-2008 11:42 AM

Kate,

I hope you are getting better. I miss not being able to e-mail you. I will be at Kennestone Hopsital next Wednesday, If you are still in the hospital I will try to come to your room to see you.

Amelia

Amelia

Mary Jo 04-11-2008 01:10 PM

Sending hugs, love and prayes to our dear Kate.........

Mary Jo

juanita 04-11-2008 06:10 PM

Thanks for the update!

Leslie's sister 04-11-2008 07:50 PM

thank you

thank you for the updates on our dear Kate.

Dear Kate:
You keep up the fight! You have so many, many prayers going out for you. So happy that you are going to be released from the hospital soon. There is no place like home! Embrace your precious grandson Eli and draw even more strength through the love you have for him.

We all love you very much!

Lisa

Bill 04-11-2008 08:27 PM

Karla, thanks so much for the update and sharing the good news. Give Kate the Great a big hug for me. Love and best wishes to you both, Bill

fullofbeans 04-12-2008 04:37 AM

I am sending all my best wishes your way. She is a incredible woman always supportive of all our her2 sisters even when she is very poorly herself. I look forward to ahve her back on this board

Joan M 04-13-2008 07:51 AM

Karla,

Thanks for the update. Please tell Kate that I'm thinking about her and she's in my prayers.

Joan

Catherine 04-14-2008 08:59 PM

I say thank you, too, for letting us know what is going on for Kate. How wonderful that her daughters are able to visit while she is in the hospital. I hope that things go as planned and that she gets to go home Friday.

Hugs and prayers for Kate are in the airwaves right now. More will come your way tonight when I go to bed and really hit the "send" button.

Love, Catherine