HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Happy THANKSgiving! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59610)

Ceesun 11-26-2013 08:13 PM

Happy THANKSgiving!

Dear Friends, I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving. It has been a very tough year on the board, but you have given me much support, love, and guidance over the years and for that I am extremely appreciative. I always come back.....Hoping for a cure one day. Sincerely, Cathy (Ceesun...decided to start using my real name, why not??!!)

KDR 11-26-2013 08:32 PM

Re: Happy THANKSgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Life is good!

Karen
Who Believes In The Cure

CarolineC 11-26-2013 08:50 PM

A blessed Thanksgiving to my support group south of the border!

Love,

Caroline

KsGal 11-27-2013 02:16 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am very thankful to know all of you, and to be able to be here to celebrate this holiday with my family and friends. Every moment is precious. :) Thank you all for sharing time with me.

Cath 11-27-2013 08:01 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I too, am very thankful to know all of you. I guess as long as we stay relatively healthy we have a lot to be thankful for. I am also thankful that my PET scan on November 5th was clear. I don't post much but I do read the posts all of the time. Thank you everyone - you are very important to me.

caya 11-27-2013 11:06 AM

Happy Thanksgiving dear US friends!

all the best
caya

suzan w 11-27-2013 07:22 PM

Indeed it is important to celebrate. Today I was feeling glum and took a long walk,intending to feel sorry for myself...family far away...friends dying...blah blah. Suddenly I was surrounded by a flock of about a dozen bluebirds. It was the most amazing phenomenon. They flew along with me, landing on a fence, diving for bugs, twittering. This lasted for most of my walk...3miles. They transported my thoughts into beauty and gratitude. I can't help but think they were the good energy coming to me from another realm...thank you dear friends!!

Jackie07 11-28-2013 03:42 AM

Cathy, Karen, Karoline, KsGal, Cath, Caya, Suzan, and all the Her2support members,

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for all the friendship and support shared on this Board. We are indeed a big family, in the form of a United Nation - each of us representing a unique background/environment and genes that resulted in the same type of cancer. We are travelling together with a dark cloud hanging over our head. Sometimes, a flash of lightening strikes and we lose our beloved fellow travelers; other times, it's a lingering low depression that bought persistent rain/wind/...

But we are strong - particularly when we bind ourselves together and march forward together.

Feeding the cats at Father-in-law's house has taught me a few things:

I've been responsible for feeding the cats in the yard. There are six new kittens in the front porch. The 'Mama' cat left after her babies were weaned. Papa cat stayed but now only shows up to eat the feed I put in the big pan. The six grown kittens have been curling together inside the cardboard box I'd placed in the front porch. Father-in-law has donated several of his old undershirts to cushion the box in order to keep the kittens warm.

These cats sleep tightly together to weather the sudden drop of the temperature. Even though they fight over food sometimes - most of the time they play together, eat together. Papa cat and Mama cat used to stand on guard when the baby cats were gobbling down the feed. Now only the Papa cat would be over once in a while - because I always leave ample food in the (old, rusty baking) pan.

These cats are not shy of asking for help. They would line up on the ramp of the front door and make noises if I had ignored their quiet 'sit in'. They would try to get to the source of the food when I was fetching the feed from the attached storage/washing/sewing room. Though I always try to make sure no cats have been locked in, every once in a while I'd hear the mewing across the kitchen window; or hubby would find 1 or 2 kitties rushing out of the house or laundry room when he opened the doors in the morning. They sometimes fight over the 'feeding' order, one or two of them would stand in the pan and obliviously block other cats from getting to the food. But they would not hoard the food (no need, I guess :) they would not stuff themselves to death. Once a cat is full, it will either go back to the box, or go out to the porch to play. They are curious - a paper towel roller can be a nice toy for a group game.

"Ask, and thou shall receive." "Knock, and the door shall open." These cats have modeled/exhibited the faith that the creator have been reminding us of all along.

Cath 11-28-2013 08:17 AM

Susan W. - you just gave me goose bumps. I, too had a similar experience either late summer or early fall with blue birds. I was outside enjoying the cooler weather but feeling a little sad when suddenly all of these blue birds flew onto the back privacy fence. I have a bird bath and they all flew down and drank and took baths. This lasted for about 1/2 hour and then they were gone. I hadn't seen them before this day or have not seen them since. It was a beautiful sight.

Soccermom 11-28-2013 08:28 AM

Happy Thanksgiving and a Very Happy Hannukah to my Her 2 family!
Xoxo Marcia

Becky 11-28-2013 10:08 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am thankful for all of you.

donocco 11-28-2013 12:57 PM

Happy Thansgiving to all!

Paul

Bill 11-28-2013 01:24 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you're all having a peaceful day with your families and friends.

MaineRottweilers 11-29-2013 11:39 AM

A blessed and happy Thanksgiving to all.

karen z 11-30-2013 08:19 PM

A belated happy T Day to all!