HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Jennifer, How Is Joy Doing? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40068)

Believe51 06-19-2009 10:31 PM

~Jennifer, How Is Joy Doing?

I searched for an update and I apologize if I missed it. I am taking it upon myself to start another thread. Ixempra is showing promising gifts for many and I would appreciate it if you told her that for me. In fact, I am hoping that Dana Farber justs adds something else to Ed's Ixempra regime. I also want to again express my joy in her engagement, I have had this on my mind so much lately...I am so happy for her.

Also let her know that my expresso machine just bit the dust. During treatment Ed is super sensitive to the aroma of it brewing. The entire house smells like a Starbucks for a day. I put the machine to rest and was questioned by him. I found money on the counter, being busy I did not even know if it was mine (go figure)! No, it was Ed's money placed there for a high tech, Cadillac of an expresso machine, what a man. This weekend my continued 'Latte Tribute' will be from this new toy! Love and Peace>>Believe51

Unregistered 06-20-2009 05:58 AM

Good update on Joy

Hi Marie and all you wonderful people out there. Joy had her third round of Ixempra on Tuesday. Her hemoglobin was really low a 7 I believe, so she had a blood transfusion on Wednesday. She feels very tired and has had an upset stomach from the chemo. But her abdomen looks much better, all the swelling is gone and the NP said her liver feels much better upon physical exam. The best news is her Ca 27-29 has dropped from the 300's when she started to 177 after two treatments and her CEA is normal! So Ixempra, although really hard on her, seems to be working! So this gives me hope that we are over the worst, and Marie and Ed are always on my mind, hoping he will have the same luck as Joy. Thank you for asking!

She has had a double shot, small latte brought to her almost everyday! Marie, I am glad to hear you are enjoying your coffee again, it's the little things that keep you going! What kind of machine are you getting? I actually own a wholesale coffee/bakery company if you want to send me you address I can hook any of you wonderful people up with some excellent coffee! My personal email is Jennifer@baristaproshop.com I'd be more than happy to send you some for your new machine!

Take care everyone and thanks for thinking of my sister. Jennifer

suzan w 06-20-2009 10:12 AM

thanks for the update! I can smell the coffee!!!

StephN 06-20-2009 10:47 AM

Dear Jennifer the Coffee Maven -

What good news you have brought! Shows our powers as a group and as individuals. I hope the report that her abdoman is better means that her pain is gone or very minimal now.

Give her multiple hugs from all of us!

Hopeful 06-20-2009 11:00 AM

Jennifer,

This news is huge! Thanks for letting us know.

Marie, thanks for the follow up. You, Ed and Joy are in my thoughts.

Hopeful

karenann 06-20-2009 11:02 AM

Feeling joyfully hopeful! Thanks for the update, Jennifer.

Karen

Believe51 06-20-2009 11:44 AM

Along this journey there have been so many tears, for my husband and me, for all of you. The beautiful thing is that these tears are not all from sorrow. Sometimes these tears are from pure elation to hear of a conquer from someone I love. I sit here blissfully writing of how these tears of elation have fallen for Joy. I am so serene for my sister.

And Jennifer, I am a coffee connoisseur from way back and would enjoy the sheer joy in experimenting again. I sort of pushed that to the sidelines along with the cross-stitch and 4-course meal, all which I love and miss. I tell you a quick story you will appreciate. When we went on our Cancerversary Cruise last September we drove down to Florida. We stopped in different states along the way to try their specialties and such. This way one of the best parts of this long vacation. On the way back we stopped to get gas and there was a Cuban nook in the back that served coffee.

I asked for 2 coffees, 1 light and 1 dark. The gentleman sitting spoke to the lady in Cuban and explained what I wanted. She meekly handed me the light coffee first and smiled without speaking. I nodded and smiled and said, "He will like the coffee just the way it is." The entire crowd watched intensely as I grabbed the dark....dark coffee. They were amazed that this coffee was for me I guess because they laughed at me but not in a bad way. I did not know this at the time until I took a sip.....The small sip of hot, dark coffee was brutal in its power, I think it even blistered my throat going down, hahaha! I looked over to the nook from outside and kind of surrendered to them, they laughed. This was one of the many prized moments of the drive. And the only time I could not drink a particular coffee....I am still recovering I think (haha).

I would love to contact you. I am going to call you my coffee connection. Lots of smiles>>Believe51

Lien 06-20-2009 03:10 PM

Such wonderful news about Joy!
Please give her a great big hug!

Jacqueline

Mary Anne in TX 06-20-2009 03:28 PM

Great news about Joy! Here's to those marker #s continued to go down, down, down!

Paty 06-20-2009 07:03 PM

Jennifer,

Please tell Joy I keep her in my prayers and thank you so much for keeping us posted on how she is doing.

Mary,

It is nice to know you love cross stitch. I am also a cross stitch maniac. God bless you, I keep you also in my prayers.

jones7676 06-20-2009 10:42 PM

Wonderful to hear the good news about Joy. I hope that things continue to improve and thankyou for all you do!

mamacze 06-22-2009 08:52 PM

How wonderful to hear "kick up your heels" news about Joy!
Now that Joy has turned a corner and with Jennifers barista coffee and Steph N's wine - we can all get down to some serious celebrating!
Joy all around!
Thank you for such good news Jennifer! Give your sister a hug from the Her2 gals!
Love Kim from CT

Jean 06-23-2009 03:46 AM

Jennifer,
thank you for the update on Joy.
I continue to keep her in my prayers.

Jean

schoolteacher 06-23-2009 07:15 AM

Jennifer,

Thanks for letting us know how Joy is. From your post, it sounds like she is doing better. Tell her I am sending positive vibes her way.

Amelia

sassy 06-23-2009 12:48 PM

So glad to hear good news for Joy. Please give her my love and tell her she remains in my thoughts and prayers.

Sheila 06-23-2009 02:26 PM

Jennifer
Thank you for the good news on Joy, and for keeping us in the loop. Please give her a big hug from me...we miss her here on the board!

lexigirl 06-24-2009 08:20 AM

Yay!! I am so happy that Joy is doing better!! Thank you for letting us know how she is doing.

Hugs,
Lexi

Faith in Him 06-24-2009 10:09 AM

Sending my love to Joy this morning. Glad things have turned around for her.

WomanofSteel 06-24-2009 02:22 PM

Glad to hear some good news. Thanks for the update.

Believe51 06-24-2009 08:37 PM

Just a shout out from your little sister. Sending you more prayers and positive thoughts. You can do this, Joy and when you rise above it, all of us shall rejoice with you and Jennifer. Lots of Love today and always.>>Believe51